Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

TheBlock wrote: »
    Why move on Darren, I don't think they know who he is. Also their not privvy to the split in the camp yet, they didn't see what you and I did.

The old "divide and conquer" strategy.

He was watching closely from the bar, supping his rock shandy. He knew something big had just gone down. Tonight would have been the perfect time to kidnap Darren, he was in the mood to hang Nidge.

Bit of steel welded on to add weight I'd say.

He can weld
    He can drive a digger
    Could have been a pro golfer

As i said a few weeks back there is just no end to Fran the man's talents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Fantastic episode, pure tension. The scenes between Georgina and Tommy cracked me up. Best show on TV right now.

Georgina: Did you ever get an angel reading done? To find out who your guardian angel is?

Cut to Tommy looking confused and disturbed.

--

Georgina: I had a breakdown, I ended up in hospital.

Cut to Tommy with alarms and sirens ringing in his head.

I didn't envy him, been in situations similar but admittedly with a hell of a lot less pressure. All you want to do is run, but know it has to be "handled". Problem is it never ends well, unless I suppose you get put into a comma like our Tommy,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He can weld
    He can drive a digger
    Could have been a pro golfer

As i said a few weeks back there is just no end to Fran the man's talents

Plus he has a catchhrase ;) Which isn't annoying me any longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

I didn't envy him, been in situations similar but admittedly with a hell of a lot less pressure. All you want to do is run, but know it has to be "handled". Problem is it never ends well, unless I suppose you get put into a comma like our Tommy,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I see what you did there ;)

• Advertisement

Shhh, don't want everyone catching on, anyway I robbed it from an earlier post :D

Fantastic episode, pure tension. The scenes between Georgina and Tommy cracked me up. Best show on TV right now.

Georgina: Did you ever get an angel reading done? To find out who your guardian angel is?

Cut to Tommy looking confused and disturbed.

Ha ha ha it wasnt Nidgey anyway. Georgina's mental illness wouldnt bother me much if you know what i mean ;)

Dano's utter psychosis would though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Looks like they all get lifted!

For sure, Nidge ends up in a room with glass brick windows, and I dont mean the AIB in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Is next week the last episode of the series ?

Ha ha ha it wasnt Nidgey anyway. Georgina's mental illness wouldnt bother me much if you know what i mean ;)

Dano's utter psychosis would though :)

And his imaginary friends aren't so imaginary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

jos28 wrote: »
    Is next week the last episode of the series ?

Nope 6 eps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Is Tommy gona make it"..

"I dont know, but they said that even if he makes it through he's going to speak really slowly and never change intonation".. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Nope 6 eps.
    That makes sense seen as Series 1-3 are due for dvd release on the 17th

Whoops, I read back, that was yourself, don't I look silly :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Just watching repeat again lol Dano talking to night across bar in public he looks like he had a migraine
    Also head ra guy seems to know that git has a troublesome history with the ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Am watching the Dark Knight Rises here and who do I spot at the start aul John Boy (Aidan Gillen):D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Am watching the Dark Knight Rises here and who do I spot at the start aul John Boy (Aidan Gillen):D

He's in Game of Thrones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lisha wrote: »
    Just watching repeat again lol Dano talking to night across bar in public he looks like he had a migraine
    Also head ra guy seems to know that git has a troublesome history with the ladies

he seemed surprised that git wasnt a problem with the women in the brothel, even though he wasnt despite wat happened after. also surprised that he didnt go to nidges late bar if he was just after more beer.

easy to see that things arent adding up cos he knows the guys carry on and has huge respect for his sacifices in the past. he is a dog wit a bone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Well he was having a good auld chin wag with him before the day was out. :D Angels, stars, whatever, will give his mickey a rest.

Blind sided by Nidges jealousy he didint stand a chance.

Fantasizing about banging Danos Mrs was all that was keeping Nidge going. Sure Nidge even started dressing his own Mrs in the same gear she wore.

Things really falling apart for Nidge metaphorically, so he batters the shoite out of the most cocktastic bloke in the group. Hard lessons learded all around. I think Fran will take Nidges crown before this is over. It has to have a amazeballs ending.

One other thing i havent noticed is them actually selling drugs. There was plenty of dealing in other series. Where is the cash coming from now?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

themadchef wrote: »

Well he was having a good auld chin wag with him before the day was out. :D Angels, stars, whatever, will give his mickey a rest.

Fantasizing about banging Danos Mrs was all that was keeping Nidge going. Sure Nidge even started dressing his own Mrs in the same gear she wore.

Things really falling apart for Nidge metaphorically, so he batters the shoite out of the most cocktastic bloke in the group. Hard lessons learded all around. I think Fran will take Nidges crown before this is over. It has to have a amazeballs ending.

One other thing i havent noticed is them actually selling drugs. There was plenty of dealing in other series. Where is the cash coming from now?

I'd say they have their young runners doing all that for them, money gets brought in every few weeks I think Nidge tells Darren that last episode he'll be calling some cash soon.

Besides the heavy shít they're in right now the 'day job' is least of their worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

themadchef wrote: »

Your looking too much into it now, that (the drug dealing) was built up in series 1&2. The writers now expect the audience to know what these boys do. The plot is looking at their lives from another angle now.

I'm a huge fan of crime series, iv been through The Soprano's, The Wire, Underbelly, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad, and this is well up there with them, maybe not in length and "umph" for want of a better word, but the story and suspense is excellent. Credit to the independent company and RTE for commissioning it.

Nice looking breakfast Dano's mam had cooked for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

The thing that was the most thought provoking for me about Nidge doing in Darren was the fact he was trying to shag Georgina himself and put so much effort into going nowhere whereas Tommy didn't have to try. Nidge wasn't really that fearful it was Dano's wife, his masculinity was just severely dented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Great show

Somehow id say Tommy is a veteran of having survived a few drops as a child

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

I reckon the dano's mrs is going to assume dano put tommy in hospital and she'll kill him ...

Jaysus Dazzler acting the ghoul in a RA pub in fairness you'd want to be an utter cretin. Surprised Dano didnt hop the counter although he probably had his whiskey limit at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

What I Love about this series is that the tension and violence is often relieved by an unexpected laugh - reminds me of Sopranos, e.g. The Pine Barrens episode.

I think Fran is comedy gold... wouldn't like to bump into him in real life tho.

v10 wrote: »
    I reckon the dano's mrs is going to assume dano put tommy in hospital and she'll kill him ...

Surely even with Georgina's mental health problems she'd have a good chance of winning a custody battle considering Dano is a suspected member of the RA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Has Dano put a tail on his wife (keep it clean), it looked like one of the shots of Tommy talking to Georgina was taken from the back of a car as if they were being watched.
    Also really keen to see how Aido is going to play into all of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement