Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Am watching the Dark Knight Rises here and who do I spot at the start aul John Boy (Aidan Gillen):D

I'm currently on series 4 of The Wire and he's excellent in it. Top notch actor.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Has Dano put a tail on his wife (keep it clean), it looked like one of the shots of Tommy talking to Georgina was taken from the back of a car as if they were being watched.
    Also really keen to see how Aido is going to play into all of this.

Didn't notice that but could it be taken from the vantage point of the kids in her car?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Didn't notice that but could it be taken from the vantage point of the kids in her car?

Ah yes, that's more likely. After Tommy got the baitin I couldn't see how the meeting could play into the script.
    Cheers, may your cushion be comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Nidge is up **** creek without a paddle now sure. When he was explaining the night's events on the night Git disappeared to Danno, he told him he dropped him off on the Quays. When he was talking to Sean McGinley's character though he told him he dropped him off on Gardiner Street. I think he's fooked now that his story doesn't add up!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nidge is up **** creek without a paddle now sure. When he was explaining the night's events on the night Git disappeared to Danno, he told him he dropped him off on the Quays. When he was talking to Sean McGinley's character though he told him he dropped him off on Gardiner Street. I think he's fooked now that his story doesn't add up!

he said gardiner st near the quays to mcginleys character. nidges story is consistent. the description of git on the night isnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Great episode! The opening scenes was so graphic and as hard to watch as Tommys beating. I thought Siobháns speech in the doctors clinic was an outstanding piece of acting.

Also when and for what was Potsey arrested and jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Tinker13 wrote: »

I think Fran is comedy gold... wouldn't like to bump into him in real life tho.

Really? :P

2012-11-peter-coonan--killian-scott.jpg

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Great episode! The opening scenes was so graphic and as hard to watch as Tommys beating. I thought Siobháns speech in the doctors clinic was an outstanding piece of acting.

Also when and for what was Potsey arrested and jailed.

Remember the coke bust from last season where they were caught mixing the drugs after getting off their tits on it?

Patsy was one of the lads making the drugs so maybe its linked although Tommy and Aido was arrested too iirc. Maybe Patsy failed to stay out of trouble afterwards.

I suppose the writers could also be going with whole angle that getting involved in this lifestyle is a one way ticket to jail.

Patsy like Dazzler is a young lad that loves the idea of gangland but is seeing the other side of it behind bars now and he is suicidal while his missus is shagging all round her on the outside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Love Hate is brill this series. 1st series only me and the hubby liked it out of everyone we knew, Now I dont know anyone who doesnt like it.

My father in law even watches it:D

Fran is comical- he makes the show-My hubby does be in some state laughing at some of the 1 liners Fran comes out with.

Dont see the attraction to Tommy TBH - Most women i know fancy the arse off him-He looks like a foot to me!

Loving this series- though that ginger prozzie one- whats her point in this? She was John Boys missus who had(and still seems to) have a serious Coke issue, and has latched on to Tommy and now they cant stay away from each other.

Lol at "Send him a picture of yer tits ":D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

tumblr_l2l3l934dq1qz8sblo1_500_large.jpg .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

penzo wrote: »
    also, fair play to darren for being homeless and broke with only one pair of clothes but still managing to have such fantastically maintained facial hair.

I found it funny that since the shooting-even though hes been living on Aidos couch(who doesnt even own a toothbrush) hes still wearing the clothes he ran outta his own flat in- and they look v clean :)
    Imhof Tank wrote: »
    What was the purpose of Aido's scene with Darren where they discussed the price of fish after the tsunami?

Its was funny- that was the purpose:)
    themadchef wrote: »
    I think Fran will take Nidges crown before this is over. It has to have a amazeballs ending.

Ah yea deffo! Fran the mans a legend- loada people saying Darrens next for the crown- sure hes a pussy- King Fran FTW!:D
    Surprised Dano didnt hop the counter although he probably had his whiskey limit at that stage

Everytime he goes out for a "few" he ends up pissed as a fart- hes either a lightweight or thinks hes a big man throwing back the hard stuff
    Tinker13 wrote: »
    I think Fran is comedy gold.

Hes mad out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cora Mahoney

The silent star of tonight's episode to me was poor Debbie. Her wretched life as an active prostitute and drug addict opening the show, then Tommy giving her the 'this isn't going anywhere' speech, and then her seeing him in hospital at the close.......all of it was heart-wrenching.

I thought this episode was the most powerful yet, it's sweet torture now to have to wait a whole week for the next one!

The silent star of tonight's episode to me was poor Debbie. Her wretched life as an active prostitute and drug addict opening the show, then Tommy giving her the 'this isn't going anywhere' speech, and then her seeing him in hospital at the close.......all of it was heart-wrenching.

I thought this episode was the most powerful yet, it's sweet torture now to have to wait a whole week for the next one!

Totally against prostitution and especially now after watching love/hate. Wouldnt like to be funding the empire of dirt bags like Nidge for starters and the fact is that its a vicious cycle that most of these girls find themselves in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Nice looking breakfast Dano's mam had cooked for him.
    Always top class breakfasts in love hate, Aido had a breakfast of champions last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Love Hate is brill this series. 1st series only me and the hubby liked it out of everyone we knew, Now I dont know anyone who doesnt like it.

My father in law even watches it:D

Fran is comical- he makes the show-My hubby does be in some state laughing at some of the 1 liners Fran comes out with.

Dont see the attraction to Tommy TBH - Most women i know fancy the arse off him-He looks like a foot to me!

Loving this series- though that ginger prozzie one- whats her point in this? She was John Boys missus who had(and still seems to) have a serious Coke issue, and has latched on to Tommy and now they cant stay away from each other.

Lol at "Send him a picture of yer tits ":D

Is she not john boys sister ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

jeni wrote: »
    Is she not john boys sister ??

Nope...he was sleeping with her last year so unless he was into that sort of thing..she's not his sister:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Am watching the Dark Knight Rises here and who do I spot at the start aul John Boy (Aidan Gillen):D

He does some great acting, then you catch him presenting some piece
    of **** like 'Other Voices Live' on rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Jaysus wasn't expecting that at all, Nidge doing that to Tommy. I thought when he was on the ground he was going to stop but nope :pac:
    Yeah looked like somebody was watching dano's wife but may have just been the kids :confused:
    Siobhan's acting is great. Dazzler is a bit **** I just can't take him seriously I don't know why, think it's maybe cos his accent isn't just right.
    Fran is just the best character, hilarious. and his acting is great. why did he keep the bone, for the craic or whaaa ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Really don't understand why nidge told the ra fella he went back to a bar after dropping git off,instead of saying he went home.straightaway that would arouse suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Why were the IRA lads all Irish dancing with each other with their shirts off:confused::o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

scotchy wrote: »
    Why were the IRA lads all Irish dancing with each other with their shirts off:confused::o

That's one of the poorest sketches I have seen in the show.rte showed its dark side there,the fella with the 1916 tattoo,talk about a lazy portrayal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Best episode since the season opener IMO but the sequence at the start was a blatant rip-off of the classic Breaking Bad "Windy" montage. (Seems to be off youtube at the moment :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

scotchy wrote: »

You never heard the phrase "What happens in Portlaoise stays in Portlaoise?"

Really don't understand why nidge told the ra fella he went back to a bar after dropping git off,instead of saying he went home.straightaway that would arouse suspicion.

I thought that too. I wonder though is it so his alibi would add up?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

latenia wrote: »
    Best episode since the season opener IMO but the sequence at the start was a blatant rip-off of the classic Breaking Bad "Windy" montage. (Seems to be off youtube at the moment :(

Good spot. Didn’t notice that.

Still cool though. And the bit with the massive, naked fat bloke? *shudder*

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Good spot. Didn’t notice that.

Still cool though. And the bit with the massive, naked fat bloke? *shudder*
    hints of Daron Aranofski there the way the filmed the punters in the brothel, made them even viler looking.

latenia wrote: »
    You never heard the phrase "What happens in Portlaoise stays in Portlaoise?"
    yeah similar scenes in the submarine bar a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Any idea why it's not on the RTE player as yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

deelite wrote: »
    Any idea why it's not on the RTE player as yet?

It is on the RTE Player - for me anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Mr Velo wrote: »
    It is on the RTE Player - for me anyways.

Will check in a while to see if it's there - fair city, the news and the show after love hate was there when I last checked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement