Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Just added this using the sky+ android app, it says episode 1 of 2? WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

dahamsta wrote: »
    Just added this using the sky+ android app, it says episode 1 of 2? WTF?

There will be six episodes. Please don't panic. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i cant belive RTE didnt do a marathon of the other two series to build up to the new one.

this has gotta be the only TV show theyre doing this year thats got any serious buzz behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

And so it begins | Love/Hate | RTÉ One

***Recommended for Mature Audiences Only***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Guvnor wrote: »
    I find it hard to take this show seriously - it is comedy gold however.

Apart from Sheehan I think the show is excellent, why do you say its "comedy gold"?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Apart from Sheehan I think the show is excellent, why do you say its "comedy gold"?.

I heard the promo saying that Darren is now the enforcer ... I nearly fell off the chair laughing.. :D

He is completely miscast as the tough guy, and I thought Gillen was similarly miscast as the other tough guy, but it's still a great series..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I heard the promo saying that Darren is now the enforcer ... I nearly fell off the chair laughing.. :D

He is completely miscast as the tough guy, and I thought Gillen was similarly miscast as the other tough guy, but it's still a great series..

Yup, someone has this very wrong however as you say its a great series ~ but I do cring when Darren is on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Agree with the above about Darren. But I thought Aiden Gillen was great as John Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

RTÉ should really show this in HD. Afaik it was shown on some Scottish channel in HD so presumably it's shot for HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Agree with the above about Darren. But I thought Aiden Gillen was great as John Boy.

To be fair he did become more believable at the end, when he became more of a "loose cannon" as opposed to a conventional hard man... I may also have been influenced by having recently seen him in The Wire, where he plays a silver spoon councillor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The show writer on was on Tom Dunne's show on newstalk and said he is now writing the fourth season.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Temaz wrote: »
    The show writer on was on Tom Dunne's show on newstalk and said he is now writing the fourth season.

Great news, was worried this was the final one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Temaz wrote: »

Thought Stuart came across very strong if not sticking his neck out a bit in that interview with his old friend Tom Dunne.

It was the first time I had heard anyone say that Bernard Dempsey and his mates had kicked Josey Dwyer to death.

He brought Jim Curran's killing up and leveled it at the real IRA because Jim didn't give a crap what he said about them.

He was very anti Republican terror groups, saying that they were just protection rackets and not real republicans, brave stuff, it's not as though he had to sell his show as it's a huge hit already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

nudger wrote: »
    Thought Stuart came across very strong if not sticking his neck out a bit in that interview with his old friend Tom Dunne.

It was the first time I had heard anyone say that Bernard Dempsey and his mates had kicked Josey Dwyer to death.

He brought Jim Curran's killing up and leveled it at the real IRA because Jim didn't give a crap what he said about them.

He was very anti Republican terror groups, saying that they were just protection rackets and not real republicans, brave stuff, it's not as though he had to sell his show as it's a huge hit already.

Interesting to see if there will be any Long Good Friday references in the new series. It's kinda set up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Just finished watching season 1,can anyone tell me why Darren and john boy fell out?is it because john boy ordered the killing of jimmy without darrens permission?or did I miss something....

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Here we go folks:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Truly cringeworthy introduction:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The first 15 minutes summarised: PLEASE DON'T TURN OFF NOW THAT AIDAN GILLEN IS GONE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

****e.....rest of family is watching celeb get me out of here....bloody iplayer won't play it aghhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Great, action from the start. Have been lookin forward to this for ages.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

mad m wrote: »
    ****e.....rest of family is watching celeb get me out of here....bloody iplayer won't play it aghhhhh!

aertv.ie is your friend here.

FTA streaming of all Irish tv channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Truly cringeworthy introduction:cool:

Eh no.

If any tv show genuinely makes you "Cringe" you probably shouldnt watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Decent so far.

Apart from the "dyeh want a curdy" scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Introduction pal
    Ya saying I should turn off after 2 minutes?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Why is Nidge acting like such a pussy with the RA fella?

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Why is Nidge acting like such a pussy with the RA fella?

Probably because he likes being able to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Amazing the way nig's Lexus just went from an 09 to an 05 plate !!!

28899833.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Looking forward to the holy Marys and Joes on Liveline tomorrow after that scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Not the most comfortable Tv scene to watch with the mother, pretty graphic but I guess thats what they went for, shock value.

Starting to pick up now at least

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement