Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Last year the first episode aired on the 6th November 2011.

I always think it is on and halfway through it's season around Halloween

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is it so late this year it is usually on by now :confused:

Wonder is it to do with the scheduling of Downton Abbey on UTV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Last year the first episode aired on the 6th November 2011.

I thought it started in mid to late October last year.
    brian_t wrote: »
    Just curious where you heard this.

Currently RTE is showing "Room for Improvement" in the 9.30pm Sunday evening slot.

This is the slot in which they usually show Love/Hate.

But Room for Improvement still has 4 more episodes to go.

I heard it last week from a usually reliable source but now you've planted some seeds of doubt in my mind. :confused::o

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

el diablo wrote: »
    I thought it started in mid to late October last year.
    Nope, it started on the 6th November and the last episode was on the 11th December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

How long after an episode of something is shown on TV does it appear on the player on the website?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Des wrote: »
    How long after an episode of something is shown on TV does it appear on the player on the website?

Usually within 24 hours of airing on TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I'm looking forward to seeing Nidge in charge ....should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/nidge-takes-on-ira-gangsters-as-lovehate-imitates-real-life-3268220.html

When is it beginning? Surely if it was in the next couple of weeks it would be advertised.

Neeson wrote: »
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/nidge-takes-on-ira-gangsters-as-lovehate-imitates-real-life-3268220.html

When is it beginning? Surely if it was in the next couple of weeks it would be advertised.

ahhhh it would, they'll promo it hard as its been (the only decent and recent) success for RTE.......so they'll plug the sh!t out of it......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great write up and sounds like a really good plot this series, really looking forward to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭brian_t

We don't have a date just yet, as soon as we do it will be posted here!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/LOVEHATE/124113287619443

The programme currently in the 9.30pm Sunday evening slot will run until Sunday 18th November.

Which means that slot then becomes available on Sunday 25th November.

Would they really leave it so late in the year to start Love/Hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭CR 7

Was there any mention of the possibility of it moving to RTE2HD? Would be the perfect way to show off saorview to all the late adopters.

18th November is way too long to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

RTE are awful for not revealing the start date of their shows until very short notice. Sometimes they only give a week's warning of the start date after a few weeks of 'coming soon' ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Does anyone else just hate (excuse the pun) the name of the show.I think it's awful. Surely they could have come up with something better. It's a series that has grown into one of the best dramas RTE has done (yeah, I know, it wouldn't take an Olympic athlete to get over that bar) after an average (at best) first series. Last season showed a marked improvement and if this one continues the trend it will be worth watching. Let down by the name though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

Returns Nov 11 Confirmed, Not long to go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Robert Sheehan is a good actor but in this series he is about as intimidating as my 85yo old granny. Hard to take seriously in the role. And that attempt at facial hair doesn't help. Still looks about 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Aye, saw the promo last night, it returns Nov alright. Should be good plenty of action!

ahhhhhhhh, the RA are now the enemy ........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

phoenix999 wrote: »
    Robert Sheehan is a good actor but in this series he is about as intimidating as my 85yo old granny. Hard to take seriously in the role. And that attempt at facial hair doesn't help. Still looks about 14.

yeah he is a bit too hard to take seriously in it, doesn't seem believable for what he be's doing at all

i was wishing nidge killed him that time they were out in the woods burying somone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is it so late this year it is usually on by now :confused:

So they can fit in the IRA crap that recently happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

JG009 wrote: »
    So they can fit in the IRA crap that recently happened.

I'm pretty sure that that plotline was scripted, and probably filmed, long before the IRA crap that recently happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Just finished watching season 1,can anyone tell me why Darren and john boy fell out?is it because john boy ordered the killing of jimmy without darrens permission?or did I miss something....

Just finished watching season 1,can anyone tell me why Darren and john boy fell out?is it because john boy ordered the killing of jimmy without darrens permission?or did I miss something....
    Eh, Hughie (Cue-Ball) was John Boy's brother and he was the one that shot Darren's brother at the start of the series over a debt of 20 euro or something.
    Darren got a bit upset about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Eh, Hughie (Cue-Ball) was John Boy's brother and he was the one that shot Darren's brother at the start of the series over a debt of 20 euro or something.
    Darren got a bit upset about this.
    Ye but Darren and john boy fell out before Darren found out about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I find it hard to take this show seriously - it is comedy gold however.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just saw the trailer.
    Back on November 11th!

My day had just been made. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

I only saw one or two episodes of the first 2 series and regret not having watched them. I'd love to do a Love/Hate Friday night Series One and Saturday night Series Two in preparation for the new series on Sunday.

Can these still be watched via RTE player? (I'm not able to find them if they are) or are they available on DVD? If so Extra Vision here I come.

I really want to get my hands on the first two series ASAP!!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi all,

I only saw one or two episodes of the first 2 series and regret not having watched them. I'd love to do a Love/Hate Friday night Series One and Saturday night Series Two in preparation for the new series on Sunday.

Can these still be watched via RTE player? (I'm not able to find them if they are) or are they available on DVD? If so Extra Vision here I come.

I really want to get my hands on the first two series ASAP!!

Ben

http://shop.rte.ie/action/searchsite/default.aspx

Or probably available in your local video store or HMV, Golden Discs etc.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭BlackRoom

The Ra are going to get it. GET IT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement