Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

kildaremum wrote: »
    I think Tommy is an undercover cop. I didn't see the first series so dont know if he actually did anything in it, but he didn't in the second series - wasn't in the room for the drugs bust, didn't kill Fran, didn't want to use the young lad as the driver ?

Would be a cracking twist but dont forget Siobhan is Nidge's niece and her and Tommy have a child together. Going a bit too far in the line of duty to blend in with the gangsters me thinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Oh I didnt realise Siobhan was Nidge's niece - might be stretching it a bit ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

msthe80s wrote: »
    LOL:D
    I like my toyboys,but that's pushing it:o
    No,family are friends of a friend.
    I've decided I'm having a New Year's Party.....and guess who just got invited?

i dont know but if I was making films & highly rated tv shows i dont think id be spending my new years at some house party down in Portlaoise, just a thought:)wouldnt bet on meeting up with him but if you do ask him does he regret leaving Misfits at all?? he was much more suited to that type of role than love/hate anyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Guvnor wrote: »
    First off I've not read the thread.
    Second probably watched 40 mins total of Love/Hate.

Now obviously those 40 minutes over multiple episodes and series were enough for me to form strong opinions on the show, deeply held etc.:D

I just find it funny - I know it's not a comedy but that's how I see it.

Nidge looks like he is taking the michael all the time.

The lad with the eyebrows - he is obviously the dark, brooding, thoughtful member always looking for the exit never quite getting there. Whatever about him - his eyebrows are distracting.

Lots of tough talking on mobiles whilst sitting in a Jap Import or pacing around the penthouse - cue a few mobiles getting thrown.

If the Sopranos was an insight into the lives of the Jersey Mob and Love/Hate is meant to be a similar insight into the lives of Dublin Gang Members.

Well do I need to say anymore?:D

For me it is watchable but only for a laugh to see the totally non-believeable characters with pseudo dublin accents never actually get down to doing some graft of a dubious nature.

I caught Man About Dog last night and anyone of that cast would be more menacing than the total cast of Love/Hate.

I did say strong views deeply held after 40 mins of total viewing!:D

Couldn't agree more, mostly it was an entertaining load of bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Almaviva wrote: »
    i seen that today myself and thought the exact same thing ,,, the swan killers been found

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Gg

Season 3 confirmed.

Third series of Love/Hate confirmed
    Updated: 17 January 2012 09:39
    Tweet
    Share on Facebook
    Share by Email

RTÉ has confirmed that a third series of gangster drama Love/Hate will go into production this year.
    RTÉ has confirmed that a third series of gangster drama Love/Hate will go into production this year.
    With the series recommissioned, production is scheduled to begin in March.
    Jane Gogan, Commission Editor, RTÉ Drama, said: "RTÉ strives to bring viewers the best of new and established creative talent and the previous two series of Stuart Carolan's Love/Hate were hugely successful in showcasing some of our finest acting, directing and production talent.

"We are delighted to commission the third series and feel confident that the loyalty and appreciation shown by fans of the series to date will be justly rewarded."
    Love/Hate has received 10 nominations for the Irish Film and Television Awards, which take place on Saturday February 11.
    The awards will be shown live on RTÉ One at 9.30pm.

Source:- http://m.rte.ie/ten/2012/0117/lovehate.html

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Delirah!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

And Exirah !

i wish i could freeze myself until 5 minutes before this started
    just like cartman in south park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yaaahhh Season 3, bring it on:D

I hope they get some IFTAs too, Nidge definitely deserves one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

When's season 3 on the tv does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Doyler92 wrote: »
    When's season 3 on the tv does anyone know?
    As the news article above indicates, production on it isn't scheduled to begin til March.

I'm betting September / October at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lisha wrote: »
    Yaaahhh Season 3, bring it on:D

I hope they get some IFTAs too, Nidge definitely deserves one

I say it won everyone it was nominated for

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sheehan has committed himself to the third series which is starting filming at the end of the month. Producers are said to be "delighted" at his return. He would want to hit the weights a bit and learn to grow a real beard if he is to be credible in the next series. Personally i think he belongs in the ground with the swan killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maxg99

Hi,
    Can someone tell me where Tricia and Nidge wedding venue location is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Maxg99 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can someone tell me where Tricia and Nidge wedding venue location is?

Carton House, its between Leixlip and Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maxg99

mcgovern wrote: »
    Carton House, its between Leixlip and Maynooth.
    Thank you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Been told its been aired in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Been told its been aired in September.

One of the new cast members was on The Saturday Night Show.

• Advertisement

I seen the trailer for s3 today. Looks good. The guy who played the irish guy in titanic is a bar man in it. Was reading an interview with him a while back where he said he had a part in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

They filmed scenes in a pub in Ballymun , it was the afters of a funeral. My sister works in the shop next door to the pub and all the cast were out the back having tea and a smoke but she had never seen the show so didn't recognise any of them and thought they were customers really there for a funeral.

Wonder who's funeral it was.

Karen23 wrote: »
    They filmed scenes in a pub in Ballymun , it was the afters of a funeral. My sister works in the shop next door to the pub and all the cast were out the back having tea and a smoke but she had never seen the show so didn't recognise any of them and thought they were customers really there for a funeral.

Wonder who's funeral it was.
    How did she know if it was them if she didnt know it was them .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

cloptrop wrote: »
    How did she know if it was them if she didnt know it was them .

Somebody would've told her.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

el diablo wrote: »
    Somebody would've told her.

Free extra!

Cameras, lighting and set up didn't give it away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Elmo wrote: »
    Free extra!

Cameras, lighting and set up didn't give it away :pac:

She didnt see the cameras ,and set up. It was all inside the pub , they were just outside on a break. However when she finished work and went out the front way she saw a crowd gathered for a look someone told her what was going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Any1 any idea when this is actually starting again. Ive been looking forward to it for awhile but there still doesnt seem to be any info on when its starting again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

el diablo wrote: »
    November 4th.

Just curious where you heard this.

Currently RTE is showing "Room for Improvement" in the 9.30pm Sunday evening slot.

This is the slot in which they usually show Love/Hate.

But Room for Improvement still has 4 more episodes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why is it so late this year it is usually on by now :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why is it so late this year it is usually on by now :confused:
    Last year the first episode aired on the 6th November 2011.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement