Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭JaneyMacker

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    But Nidge didn't seem to bring the box with him when he was leaving the apartment and it looked to big to fit inside his jacket...He just heldup what looked like a passport....fake id for John Boy to leave the country, maybe hes not really dead at all, although he'll look pretty disfigured after been shot in the face twice!!?

Also, did Aido get shot in the end? Not really clear what happened to him

Gangster gets shot in the face in a pub with loads of people in it.
    I think it would be a major plot hole if it turned out he lived and not one of them noticed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

ziedth wrote: »
    No JB definately had something on him. There was a line about keeping the cop using all those rent boys. Maybe it was a bit of both in that he paid him and was blackmailing him.

how could a crime lord have anything on a cop ? , was john boy going to report him to the cops or take a lawsuit against him , the guard in the show represents the charecther of dirty cop , john boy telling him the money will keep him in rent boys was dual confirmation of him being on the take and a reflection of john boys nasty personality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

It doesn't show Aido getting shot, in fact the next scene after JB is shot is Nidge going up to (presumably dead) JB's body and taking his keys. In the background people are shuffling around looking, but the two gunmen are gone so presumably it's a few seconds later. So Aido's probably shít himself but isn't dead. Nidge legs it to JB's apartment, presumably before the police can get there, and finds the thing that looks like a passport but could be as suggested by others, a book of contacts, or receipts for his overseas deposits. Whatever it is, it must be valuable as it's the only thing Nidge goes for.

aido is a loser , an irrelevance , that he was nominated for whacking was simply a reflection of john boys coke fueled paranoia

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cabernet

longshanks wrote: »
    Ah go way out of it, you missed the best part of both series so far..

got it on player :) brilll show, hope it returns for 3rd series!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Nidge went back to take receipts, coke and money from the apartment. The surprise element was two passports, one belonging to John Boy and one belonging to John Boy's evil twin Clyde.

We will have to wait until series three to see who actually got shot....John Boy or Clyde.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

anyone else notice Darren has the mustache at the start of the latest episode then when he's talking to his sister that night after she spots someone out the back its gone . then its back when he's making the tea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

haven't seen this many criminals on an rte screen since the last fianna fail Ard fheis!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Nidge went back to take receipts, coke and money from the apartment. The surprise element was two passports, one belonging to John Boy and one belonging to John Boy's evil twin Clyde.

We will have to wait until series three to see who actually got shot....John Boy or Clyde.

so much for spoilers alert . . . . ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

In fairness what did you expect?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

eh like every other thread on here , people use spoilers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just watched last nights episode and I swear to God I'm losing patience with this load of horse sh*t.

How many times did Darren appear with the ronny and little beard thing, then clean shaven and back again?.

Good they killed off JB - Good ridance.. Kill off Darren and his BT designer clothes, hair styles, stupid looking ronny and beard thing and we're going in the right direction.

Seriously, this series promised a lot but turned out to be pure ****.

*edit..

The only believable one is the lad dealing from the flat.. And your woman taking a turn on in her foot with a 23g dart - gimme a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Did people actually believe me??? FFS!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Just watched last nights episode and I swear to God I'm losing patience with this load of horse sh*t.

How many times did Darren appear with the ronny and little beard thing, then clean shaven and back again?.

Good they killed off JB - Good ridance.. Kill off Darren and his BT designer clothes, hair styles, stupid looking ronny and beard thing and we're going in the right direction.

*edit..

The only believable one is the lad dealing from the flat.. And your woman taking a turn on in her foot with a 23g dart - gimme a break.

harsh, John boy is one of the best things about the show. Gillen is a good actor and will be difficult for them to replace, dont know how there going to do it tbh, dont think any of the rest of the actors have the personality, ability to play that type of role

what would you make it about?? small time dealers dealing out of their flats up in Northwall so it all seems extra realistic to you, its a tv show ffs
    , dont like it, switch over

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For those that know, would a blank round cause powder burns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

leonidas83 wrote: »
    harsh, John boy is one of the best things about the show. Gillen is a good actor and will be difficult for them to replace, dont know how there going to do it tbh, dont think any of the rest of the actors have the personality, ability to play that type of role

he is - but he's also more Aiden Gillen than John Boy. It's hard to forget he's a famous actor and that tends to creep into the show and break down the fourth wall. If you look at shows like the wire, they deliberately use unknown actors - even getting in English actors to play Americans - so that doesn't happen.
    You've seen the surprise when people heard the interview with nidge - because he's nidge first and the actor second. It's not that way with AG, so I think the show will miss him, but him not being there isn't all bad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Trailer up on RTE

Please dont watch the trailer or read the spoiler if dont want to know what happened!!
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1206/lovehate.html
    JBs funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Trailer up on RTE

Please dont watch the trailer or read the spoiler if dont want to know what happened!!
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1206/lovehate.html
    JBs funeral

That's a really ****ty ad from the spoiler POV. They could have been a lot more subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

That's a really ****ty ad from the spoiler POV. They could have been a lot more subtle.

I disagree. Without spoiling it for anyone, I think people on this thread have been over-analysing the shooting in the pub, and looking for twists where there were no twists. JB got shot, so the outcome is just the default expected outcome.

spurious wrote: »
    For those that know, would a blank round cause powder burns?

Yes they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

*edit..

I tend to agree.

It's a great premise for a show and the storylines are quite believable. However, the acting and the dialogue leave much to be desired.

• Advertisement

I disagree. Without spoiling it for anyone, I think people on this thread have been over-analysing the shooting in the pub, and looking for twists where there were no twists. JB got shot, so the outcome is just the default expected outcome.

Ah the overanalysis, as wrongheaded as it might be is part of the fun.

(I like how JB thanked your post. :) )

nummnutts wrote: »
    I tend to agree.

It's a great premise for a show and the storylines are quite believable. However, the acting and the dialogue leave much to be desired.

+1.

Although the dialogue has improved slightly over the season I.

Were in the first season every second sentence had "is all" in it, said in a supposed thick Dublin accent - well in 20 years living in Ballymun and ten in Sheriff St & Eastwall its a saying I've never heard and can only guess it was made up for Love/Hate..

This season it hasn't been used too often.

But I guess also its target audience have never lived close to this kind of environment and so for those it works, but IMO it would be better, grittier if the production was run on a smaller budget and drop the big names.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

John boy shot.

Sh1t about to hit fan big time!

Like OMG! No obviously not get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Wasn't it nice of Nidge to offer to help Tommy out by keeping the money in his safe? "Your safe?" "Yeah, I got one put in".

Ye personally i think it was Nidge who organized the hit on John Boy,

He told Darren (or one of the lads cant remember) that the whole thing would be 'sorted by tomorrow'
    he sent the txt with the go ahead to kill either John Boy/Aido or both while he was in the pub
    he had all the cash that didn't make it onto the flight
    and was first in for the black book in John Boys apartment without even batting an eyelid.

Who did it is another matter, i'd say it was darran though. Was trying to see his mad bushy eyebrows
    through the helmet but cant be sure its him. John Boy was a gob****e for being in the pub when it all
    went down anyway, thats asking for trouble.

Saw John Boy at a play in Ballymun last week, doesn't look as scary in his civvies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    I put that down as a book of all JohnBoy's contacts in the drug world.

No its not! if it is I'm gonna personally give the writers a slap. It would be the definition of stupidity.

Any info like this - if it had to be anywhere else except his head, would be on an encrypted storage device of some sort. Uncrackable, like True-crypt.

I'm hoping it was just his passport.

& for the love of god can we please get rid of Rosie. Little moany bitch, who just wants her Darren back...bla bla bla....go back to england. Gangland was better with you there. Still wouldn't ride her.

Who did it is another matter, i'd say it was darran though. Was trying to see his mad bushy eyebrows
    through the helmet but cant be sure its him. John Boy was a gob****e for being in the pub when it all
    went down anyway, thats asking for trouble.

It was definitely Darren, the other stalker lad went after Aido.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Who did it is another matter, i'd say it was darran though. Was trying to see his mad bushy eyebrows through the helmet but cant be sure its him. John Boy was a gob****e for being in the pub when it all went down anyway, thats asking for trouble.

Course it was Darren, clear as day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Trailer for the last one on Sunday - http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1206/lovehate.html
    Looks like it was all Nidge's idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Just caught up on the last three episodes there... Can't fookin' wait for the last one on Sunday, and hope to god that there's a Series 3 coming along!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I think Robert Sheehan is kind of miscast,he's just way too pretty to be beliveable as a Dublin criminal.He looks like an Italian model.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement