Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I agree - but the guy that plays Nidge (Tom Vaughan Lawlor) is a superb actor in every sense of the word. There's no one in Fair City even close to this guy's ability as an actor.

At the risk of getting into a silly comparison game, Bryan Murray in Fair City has a lifetime of quality TV work (Strumpet City, The Irish R.M., a nation-stopping turn as Trevor Jordache in Brookside), and a stage career with over 50 roles in the Abbey and Gate, plus lots of work with the RSC and in the WestEnd in London.

Promising as he is Tom Vaughan-Lawlor isn't close to lacing Bryan Murray's boots yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

At the risk of getting into a silly comparison game, Bryan Murray in Fair City has a lifetime of quality TV work (Strumpet City, The Irish R.M., a nation-stopping turn as Trevor Jordache in Brookside), and a stage career with over 50 roles in the Abbey and Gate, plus lots of work with the RSC and in the WestEnd in London.

Promising as he is Tom Vaughan-Lawlor isn't close to lacing Bryan Murray's boots yet.
    Apart from the last line of your post I agree you have a point. But as for the rest.....I've seen better acting in school plays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just watched last nights episode and I swear to God I'm losing patience with this load of horse sh*t.

Don't watch it next time then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Bryan Murray, a good actor. You must be joking! A good impersonator of stock characters, and end.

Plus, what I really want to say, again, is that Love/Hate is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭forfcksake

Anyone know where I can watch the first season online, only got into it the last couple of weeks, looks good so I want to watch it all, cheers

• Advertisement

In which he is best remembered for playing the part of an unseen corpse buried under a patio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

forfcksake wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can watch the first season online, only got into it the last couple of weeks, looks good so I want to watch it all, cheers

+1

Can't find anywhere to watch it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Lapin wrote: »
    In which he is best remembered for playing the part of an unseen corpse buried under a patio.

Best not to argue with Fair City fans. I watch it for the cardboard acting and the cringy dialogue. But the fans seem to have it ranked higher than The Sopranos, Wire, The Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

forfcksake wrote: »

I doubt you'll find it online. Think it's available on DVD though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

el diablo wrote: »

It is, I think it's in HMV for like €15. Well worth a look. Second season should be out for Christmas so it wouldn't be a bad gift for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

Lapin wrote: »
    +1 - What I can't understand is that if Murray is such an accomplished and fine actor, what the hell is he doing in Fair City? Are the oscars not good enough for him?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

el diablo wrote: »

Got it in Golden Discs for 8 euro about two months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Finbar Furey is guest starring as John Boy's father tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

+1 - What I can't understand is that if Murray is such an accomplished and fine actor, what the hell is he doing in Fair City? Are the oscars not good enough for him?:D

They pay him buckets of money to do an 8 week slot a few times a year.
    It subsidises his time on stage where you get paid less for far harder work. For many actors it's the perfect situation.

However going by the 'oscars' comment, it seems nothing short of the Fair City writers nabbing Daniel Day Lewis on a rolling contract will satisfy boards.ie, so best to leave it.

Onwards to episode 6 anyway.
    Frankly I'm not enthusiastic with JohnBoy gone. If more than 10 minutes are spent on the Luke/Mary/Darren/Rosie storylines then puking shall be done.
    And lots of interesting side characters (Debbie, the corrupt cop, the old guy advising JohnBoy) no longer have much relevance now.

Hopefully Nidge and Trish can hold it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There ws an interview with the guy who plays Fran in yesterdays paper and he hinted that there would be a third series. Its a bit disappointing that JonBoy is gone though. I was hoping Darren would get a bullet that would finish him off this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

Love/Hate season 1 DL link

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: please do not post any links to copyrighted content again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Student09

Anyone know where I can get season 2? I know the last three episodes are on RTE Player, one will go tonight though and tonight's episode will be up tonight/tomorrow(Not sure how fast RTE are at putting their programs up) so they are fine. So all I really need is the first two/three episodes of Series 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Infraction for Akenny010 for posting links to download..

.. and I'd like to remind people to read our charter particularly the following:

Don't ask where you can download/stream TV shows or give any links to them. Infact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Student09 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get season 2? I know the last three episodes are on RTE Player, one will go tonight though and tonight's episode will be up tonight/tomorrow(Not sure how fast RTE are at putting their programs up) so they are fine. So all I really need is the first two/three episodes of Series 2.

i think there's dvd coming out....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Just waiting for xfactor result then bring on episode 6.... I cant wait.
    Call me weird but Ive been thinking about Nidge funnys all day.
    I think he is such a fantastic charachter.
    Bring on love/hate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Looks like we'll have a good oul sing-song at the funeral;

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1211/lovehate.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just started folks.............

Whisht now everyone. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What is the song?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hi all,

Whats the song and who's singing it pls?

Great opening.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is the song?

Luke kelly sings it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Roise looks like your one from Little Mix on X Factor

amdublin wrote: »
    Hi all,

Whats the song and who's singing it pls?

Ramblin Rover - -Luke Kelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The Darren and Rosie show again...Jesus:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement