Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

He didn't actually kill Aido though did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sparkle23

I noticed a previous poster said that Luke had kidmapped Darrens sister(Mary) at the end of tonights episode....did i happen to fall asleep for a minute and miss this or just reeling in shock from JohnBoy getting shot!!! i totally didnt see this.. i seen him stalking outside her house and then gettin Darren to ask her if he could stay with her incase the 'burglers' came back but not kidnapping her!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sparkle23

Nidge shot darren, darrens sister got kidnapped by luke!
    This the previous posters comment i was talking about above..
    (sorry thought i had quoted it in the above post!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

sparkle23 wrote: »
    This the previous posters comment i was talking about above..
    (sorry thought i had quoted it in the above post!!)
    No, it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Maestro07

Guy's this has to be some dream sequence, no way Johnboy was just sitting around with the lads having a few with the state of mind he was in???

• Advertisement

Check out this interview from Tom Vaughan Lawlor "NIDGE" Huge difference in the accents. Definitely my favourite character though. http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1127/lovehate_tomwaughanlawlor.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Maestro07 wrote: »
    Guy's this has to be some dream sequence, no way Johnboy was just sitting around with the lads having a few with the state of mind he was in???

If it was a dream sequence then Love/Hate isn't the best show on RTÉ, it's one of the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Well that episode caught me off guard, I think we may see a few twists yet in the JohnBoy story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Check out this interview from Tom Vaughan Lawlor "NIDGE" Huge difference in the accents. Definitely my favourite character though. http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1127/lovehate_tomwaughanlawlor.html

He he, can't believe the accent. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's like a social experiment, "If Nidge Had Been Born In Blackrock"..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

BTW, it wasn't money that Nidge took from underneath the decking, it was the deposit receipts for the money being lodged offshore in the scheme his new solicitor advised John-boy to do. If it was money it was a very small amount!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

xflyer wrote: »
    No, no, Nidge has come good in this series. We never saw it coming, he offed John boy. Nidge is the star of this series. Looking back it was obvious. He got Darren to kill John boy. Now in series three we'll have Nidge as the Don.

This series is brilliant, the Sopranos of Ireland. As good as anything we see from the the Brits or the Yanks.

I went for an audition in the original series, despite being a Dub all my life. I failed the accent test. My biggest regret.
    As good as the sopranos? Come on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Tayla wrote: »
    I think John boy was the least convincing gangster ever and probably the worst character in the whole series :confused:

Oh and Fran too, terrible acting.

I think the acting in general is really poor. Ths storyline is all over the place also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I am enjoying the series,its very watchable and where there are some obvious mistakes overall its great viewing.(if this your thing),well done RTE :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

This is really one of the best Rté shows ever. Almost makes up for fair city!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

i thought john boy was having a nightmare that he got shot then when i saw the nidge weasel stealing from his balcony i knew it must be real...NOOOOOOOOOO! disappointed that john boy is gone, can they do another series without him? wont be the same. but as everyone else said this is a brilliant series, i look forward to every episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

That's amazing - the difference in his real accent and his knacker accent is crazy...

As good as the sopranos? Come on now.

He didn't say it was as good as the sopranos, he said it was the Irish sopranos.

Shane10 wrote: »
    i thought john boy was having a nightmare that he got shot then when i saw the nidge weasel stealing from his balcony i knew it must be real...NOOOOOOOOOO! disappointed that john boy is gone, can they do another series without him? wont be the same. but as everyone else said this is a brilliant series, i look forward to every episode.

Good riddance to him, he was becoming increasingly erratic as time went on and he was getting on every one's nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

John is definitely dead I'd say, he was shot in the cheek and his eyes were open. I think the whole thing about the monitor is a metaphor to show that Nidge might not find it as easy to deal with Johns death as he thinks - he was kind of laughing taking the keys out of Johns pockets on the pub floor and when he was going through the apartment - I think the when he saw the video it was to show his "oh crap, what have I done" moment.

I think the way they wrote John out was great - it was very abrupt, but that's how it happens in those circles in real life, isn't it? The writers are saying "none of the lads at the top can ever trust anyone, and as viewers you can't trust anyone either"

Cracking episode, I was thinking about it for ages last night after it finished.

• Advertisement

one thing i thought didnt fit was how the hell was Fran arrested?? hes a ganster and knew the guy he glassed right. so what did he stand around and wait for the cops to show up and tell them he did it??? obvisouly the bartender would have kept his mouth shut. for all the things he could have went down for he gets nicked for glassing a guy..come on??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

John boy had to be there so it looked like he had nothing to do with the killing.
    Him just standing there was to do with he knew it was Darren and the whole I trust you there all rats comment he knew he had got stabbed in the back in his eyes.

If John boy died all the problems go away and no one cared if he was dead.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    John boy had to be there so it looked like he had nothing to do with the killing.
    Him just standing there was to do with he knew it was Darren and the whole I trust you there all rats comment he knew he had got stabbed in the back in his eyes.

If John boy died all the problems go away and no one cared if he was dead.

nah, look at john boy's and darrens chat. he said if you do this were square, you wont need to pay anymore money. would he say that if he meant himself? plus he said your the only one i can trust, what the only one i can trust to kill me? dosent really add up???

Yea your right Rochey18 JB gone everyone's problem is gone, Have to agreewith Shane10 there aswell, I was beginning to really like Fran in the last episode the look on his face in the hospital was of pure madness gave me a chill in the spine I will say but very disappointed there he got sent down for a glass incident, no way would a guy like that be hanging around for the Gardai & no way the bartender would of grassed him up! Can't see where this is gonna pick up for the next series unless a new top dog comes along to replace JB, the made a huge mistake writing out Brian Gleeson "Huey" he was amazing.

Yea your right Rochey18 JB gone everyone's problem is gone, Have to agreewith Shane10 there aswell, I was beginning to really like Fran in the last episode the look on his face in the hospital was of pure madness gave me a chill in the spine I will say but very disappointed there he got sent down for a glass incident, no way would a guy like that be hanging around for the Gardai & no way the bartender would of grassed him up! Can't see where this is gonna pick up for the next series unless a new top dog comes along to replace JB, the made a huge mistake writing out Brian Gleeson "Huey" he was amazing.

ya who would have even rang the cops? i liked Fran's character, have to say i liked frans dub accent..."he took my wife and if he dosent give me money and compensation ill get his daughter"..ha:D

Yea I love the character Fran should of gave the Nitch Weasel a few slaps after having a word with him, maybe a look down with "Tell that Johnboy I'm gonna get him, ya hear me" Fran looked weak there being all niceties to Nitch.....Can't believe the difference in Nitch's accent from the real guy Tom Vaughan Lawlor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Everyone seems so amazed that the actor who plays Nidge doesn't have that accent in real life.

Have you never heard an actor do a good accent before?

Shane10 wrote: »
    ya who would have even rang the cops? i liked Fran's character, have to say i liked frans dub accent..."he took my wife and if he doesn't give me money and compensation ill get his daughter"..ha:D

Did fran not say get an Ambulance ? and with them the guards be notified, also people here would be surprised with the admount of people who ring the Garda Confidential Line Number 1 800 666 111 .:D:D:D

Yea I love the character Fran should of gave the Niche Weasel a few slaps after having a word with him, maybe a look down with "Tell that John Boy I'm gonna get him, ya hear me" Fran looked weak there being all niceties to Catch.....Can't believe the difference in Nitch's accent from the real guy Tom Vaughan Lawlor!

Even in Gangland most of them don't want or need trouble from each other,there main aim is to make easy big money, also he was full of drink then and hoping it all was a mistake and everything can be glossed over,we know how the drink can make us all mellow and that everything is grand.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Everyone seems so amazed that the actor who plays Nidge doesn't have that accent in real life.

Have you never heard an actor do a good accent before?
    I think we've all been brought up on terrible examples of RTE luvvies attempting to do Dub accents, and failing miserably, so it is a bit unusual to see someone actually pull it off. And it's not just the accent - everything about Nidge screams knacker - the hair, the clothes, the wife, the way he moves and drives etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement