Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition year 2010/2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Our activity thingy is in October. Got a trip to Dublin this month though, auditions for the drama etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

We went to the Burren for our bonding trip. It was actually really good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

we have bonding day next week- water sports and stuff :)
    for our tour we're goin to amsterdam and the netherlands and we'lll be going to delphi sometime later aswell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

So.. TY is crap so far. :D:\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I hear ya there :(

Oh, hai DKZ. Haven't seen you in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

So it turns out we do have a bonding trip: we're going to a bog. We went there in primary school and Sunshine12 fell in so she was covered from head to toe (we were going over a bog hole on monkeybars). :pac:

Good luck with the results 2m. :D
    Colm! wrote: »
    I hear ya there :(

Oh, hai DKZ. Haven't seen you in a while.

Hi Colm. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I love TY! :D

M&S* wrote: »
    I love TY! :D

Shouldn't you be in the LC forum? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

So it turns out we do have a bonding trip: we're going to a bog. We went there in primary school and Sunshine12 fell in so she was covered from head to toe (we were going over a bog hole on monkeybars). :pac:
    Bogs are surprisingly fun! The state of our class earlier after we came out of some bog hopping. Covered up to the shoulders in muck with even more plastered over our faces. All topped off by a swim in the lake.
    DKZ wrote: »
    Well, well, well would you look who we have here.

Good luck tomorrow everyone.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

DKZ wrote: »

Damo! \o/

We have a trip to The Burren for 3 days in October, going on a Ski Tour in January and Achill for a week in May. We also have a Retreat trip to Macroom or somewhere at some stage I think.

Also, my Work Experience is in January and into February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'm doing TY this year! It's fair crap so far though, we've had an induction day (same as the bonding day for you guys I guess) but that was just sitting and being entertained with a guy with a guitar all day!

.. And he wouldn't let me play the guitar. =(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I like TY! :)

Got my work experience today finally! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm lovin' TY just like M&S*

That's why I'm here...

'coz like, I do TY.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

The other day, someone came into our lunch room asking if anyone was TY and I put my hand up.

Then I laughed because I'm not in your ****ty year anymore!!! Hate to be you guys!! I love 5th year.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

ty so far has been the best schooling experience of my life.

and we're not even a month into it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

ty so far has been the best schooling experience of my life.

and we're not even a month into it yet.

Agreed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Achill was sooo much fun xD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Just moved to TY after 3 weeks in 5th year! Not happy with my subject choices at all but don't know what to change to :( Hopefully TY helps me decide :D

• Advertisement

Sooooo how's everyone's first 4 weeks been so far?

I'm loving it here. So far we've done disability awareness and now we're doing PE classs with children from a school for disabled children beside ours. We've done a Law Module, the mock trial was hilarious! We've been ploughing, to plays and watched dvds. Anyone else doing the Student Enterprise Awards or YSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Sooooo how's everyone's first 4 weeks been so far?

I'm loving it here. So far we've done disability awareness and now we're doing PE classs with children from a school for disabled children beside ours. We've done a Law Module, the mock trial was hilarious! We've been ploughing, to plays and watched dvds. Anyone else doing the Student Enterprise Awards or YSI?

it's been amazing. we have three classes and i ended up in the best one. every lesson is just so fun, with the right mix of teachers and students. we play bridge for two class periods every thursday morning and the law studies class is pretty out there as well.

yes to both. gotta finish my application at some point before monday morning or else i'm in real trouble but luckily i have most of it written up. enterprise is compulsory and there are many lols to be had indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

i know it's only 4 weeks in but TY is boring me to death D: we are going to 1 play in november and only 10 of us paid so it'll probbaly get cancelled :/ we don't do anything fun, just class after class of the same shiite and soo many 'free' classes. Someone help me fight the boredom !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

MGMTea wrote: »
    i know it's only 4 weeks in but TY is boring me to death D: we are going to 1 play in november and only 10 of us paid so it'll probbaly get cancelled :/ we don't do anything fun, just class after class of the same shiite and soo many 'free' classes. Someone help me fight the boredom !

My TY was like that, if you can move into 5th year and don't believe them when they say it will improve, it will be like that the rest of the year. If not, maybe don't start 5th year work too much (you'll be bored when you do it next year) but perfect your JC work, especially in maths. If you can, pick a subject you were bad at and get good at it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I adore TY tbh
    Its started for us when we got our JC results, the half day then. Then the day after we had bonding day which meant we went to a few different fun places for the day. Then the week after we had apoetry workshop(actually fun!), went to the ploughing championships and the Friday we went to see a drama thing which was really funny and went out to get our lunch in town after..
    This week we didnt really have much but I was at a camogie blitz one day so twaz grand..
    We're off to Skibereen(Co. Cork) Tuesday morning and are back Wedensday evening/night and I think I have another Camogie match the Thursday..
    The week after I dont know of anything yet...
    Then the week after will be spent getting everything ready for French day on the 22nd.. French day is awesome :D
    Then we have mid term

I love TY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

deise_girl wrote: »
    I adore TY tbh
    Its started for us when we got our JC results, the half day then. Then the day after we had bonding day which meant we went to a few different fun places for the day. Then the week after we had apoetry workshop(actually fun!), went to the ploughing championships and the Friday we went to see a drama thing which was really funny and went out to get our lunch in town after..
    This week we didnt really have much but I was at a camogie blitz one day so twaz grand..
    We're off to Skibereen(Co. Cork) Tuesday morning and are back Wedensday evening/night and I think I have another Camogie match the Thursday..
    The week after I dont know of anything yet...
    Then the week after will be spent getting everything ready for French day on the 22nd.. French day is awesome :D
    Then we have mid term

I love TY :D

i hate you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Have ye gone many places yet? We've gone for a weekend away and to the ploughing match! They asked us where else we want to go but we don't have ANY ideas :p

Any suggestions? :D

Anyone else doing work experience next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Finally got my work experience sorted.

My TY experience so far is mixed. I'm enjoying it, but there is still the occasional class that is just as it was for junior cert (namely maths and irish) which is kind of annoying considering all of the other teachers are making an effort to make their class enjoyable and a new experience this year.

Trips aren't exactly plentiful, but the ones that we have gone on have been awesome, and the best is yet to come. =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

I'm doing TY!
    Did an out door pursuits thing at the start of the year and that's been it so far, unless you count a walk in the local castle grounds :p Our over seas trip is to Holland but think I might just take myself off to Spain or some where for half the price. Have been doing p!ss all work really, barely any home work and such. Are selling hoodies for our mini company, had a charity bake sale and went down town collecting for Aware.

Advertisement