Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Awww I miss Dublin (tho I'm there atm, until Monday, so not really missing it right now I guess :pac::pac:). The Oktoberfest there is truly great, went a couple of years ago. Not quite Munchen but.... :pac:

Paulaner had it but it's been Erdinger last year and this year. Apparently Paulaner(AKA Heineken Ireland) made a bags of it. ;)
    Sorry to tell you,but that's not beer,neither was the miller you were drinking the other night :)

What he said.
    Sorry to inform ye, but it is, ya can't beat paying 15 euro for 20 bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »

Shannon Minerals Cola is cheap and its crap.
    Miller is cheap and its crap.

Frankly whatever defence you have pales in comparison to my above theory which, I just decided, is LAW. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Miller/Coors is mass market ****e designed for people who have no interest in a good beer, exactly like people buying boring mundane cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Miller/Coors is mass market ****e designed for people who have no interest in a good beer, exactly like people buying boring mundane cars!

Very well good sir...would you care to inform us what the modern soft top drivers tipple of choice is?

no doubt something imported with a poor safely level :)

Very well good sir...would you care to inform us what the modern soft top drivers tipple of choice is?

no doubt something imported with a poor safely level :)

cheeky fecker,I usually make my decision from suggestions in here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=598

Personally I'm a big fan of wheat and czech beer

• Advertisement

I like Coors light - I also like "good" beers such as Erdinger, Leffe,etc doesnt mean I have no taste. And for comparing cars to beer, give me a break :rolleyes:

I like Coors light - I also like "good" beers such as Erdinger, Leffe,etc doesnt mean I have no taste. And for comparing cars to beer, give me a break :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Indeed

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

zuroph wrote: »
    Locke for a blue moon/aspall cider soon ;), on to o connells for a galway hooker, on to mickeys for a downnoutz, then on to wicked chicken for an erdinger :)

Hooker, blonde and A O'Haras ;)

Speaking of which! I'll join ye! :D

The Wicked Chicken have a 3 night DJ event going on this weekend.

He has Krombacher, Erdinger, Asahi(Japan), Budvar and the usual beers on offer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Wicked Chicken have a 3 night DJ event going on this weekend.

He has Krombacher, Erdinger, Asahi(Japan), Budvar and the usual beers on offer.

If you can give me a bit more info on that I'll bump up the "things to do in Limerick" thread.

• Advertisement

If you can give me a bit more info on that I'll bump up the "things to do in Limerick" thread.

267409_255208544496218_216637035020036_1193323_6757752_n.jpg

Facebook page is

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wicked-Chicken/216637035020036

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Beer Baron - Do you know anything about the Craft Beer bar in punches? What kind of selection of beers etc?
    Seen an ad for it in the Limerick Post. Yes I know I could ring, but thought I'd ask you.

Beer Baron - Do you know anything about the Craft Beer bar in punches? What kind of selection of beers etc?
    Seen an ad for it in the Limerick Post. Yes I know I could ring, but thought I'd ask you.

I don't know. I spoke with him weeks ago about selling my beers. Never heard back from him. Tried him yesterday and today. No reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

I don't know. I spoke with him weeks ago about selling my beers. Never heard back from him. Tried him yesterday and today. No reply.

Ah jeez, I guess I 'll have to risk dissapointment & venture in.

Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

Hey Beer Baron, since you are the man in the know. Is there any sign of Galway hooker in bottles around the county or any of the 8 degrees stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

TheWarrior wrote: »
    Hey Beer Baron, since you are the man in the know. Is there any sign of Galway hooker in bottles around the county or any of the 8 degrees stuff?

I think the locke have hooker in bottles. Not sure about offies.

TheWarrior wrote: »

Haven't seen it in any off license yet in Limerick.

Galway hooker is a work in progress for my boss. He wants to distribute it nationally. We'll see. 8 degrees, no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Anybody hear anything about what happened in chicken hut last night? Squad cars, Paddywagons and the area taped off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything about what happened in chicken hut last night? Squad cars, Paddywagons and the area taped off.

A typical Friday night? :pac:

A new batch of their "beautiful" gravy was created??

• Advertisement

ugh....way too early to be up for a sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I hear that. Had to be up at 8 to ring the boss cos I wasn't sure if I was working or not. I'm not :D First time this year I'll be able to watch the GAA of a Sunday!

I was woken up with Tea and Toast by the missus and as I lifted a slice I said "What's this going to cost me?"

"We need to go to Tesco"
    "Now sitting waiting for her to drag me out of the house on a Sunday morning"

Only got in a 2:45am after collecting her drunken ass from town. :mad:

:mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Seeing as we're trading tales of woe...

My car pretty much died on Thursday, on Fri I found out how much it'll cost to fix and I almost lost my life (although to be fair I'm getting a trade deal which isn't so bad, so I'll have a new car on Tues, but still carless 'til then). Had a day from hell at work on Fri and against my better judgement decided to head out with friends. Went into the offie to get wine and discovered my laser card was missing. My friend kindly subbed me for the night. How did I repay her kindness? By getting plastered and spending the end of the night locked in her bathroom talking to God on the porcelain telephone. To add insult to injury, our jackets were stolen by some guy I (allegedly) was kissing (don't remember actually kissing him) the bouncer even saw him take them but didn't stop him as he thought we were together. I am a classy, classy bird.

So I spent yesterday dying slowly, up since stupid o'clock this morning now, fresh as a daisy but no car to go anywhere and the princely sum of €9.31 to live on until Tuesday. What a brilliant Bank Holiday weekend :(

i collected a friend from the train station Friday night...i left the nights on and my battery died...i had to be jump started by......by....by a French car! ......oh the shame...

* this post will most likely only be understood by McLove and TestTransmission...no harm or insult was meant to anyone driving a French car...we all have our burdens to bare.

Rescued by the cheese-eating surrender-monkeys? Oh the shame! Morto for ya, Drifter!

Rescued by the cheese-eating surrender-monkeys? Oh the shame! Morto for ya, Drifter!

I made the mistake of buying a French Car once. I didn't give me much trouble and was very comfortable and easy to drive and, being a bloke, it had lots of buttons and gizmos.

When did it cause me trouble?

Like all french cars, it caused me grief when I tried to sell it. :(

I haven't owned my own car since 2006 and better for it. :) Would love a little weekend car but with my OHs on and off absences from work due to illness I cannot afford the side money for one.

A 98/99/00 520i would suit me down the ground. ;)

Ah to be fair my first car was French, and I'd barely a day's bother with it for three years, until one night I managed to flip it and send it skittering down the road on it's roof, and even then I walked away without as much as a scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser knocked over my pint :mad:

Speaking of sirens etc., did anyone hear/see what the cause of all the commotion was at about 15:00 today?

I was at my mother's house on Ballinacurra road and there was a cacophony of sirens two or three times in a 15 minute period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

So Limerick is still like a war zone!! :rolleyes:
    Howdy folks... here catching up. Good to see I still recognise alot of ye.
    Drifters a mod here now ... whats happening!! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement