Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Anyone else tagging along?

Nope but do me a favour and ask them for Aspall Cider. They won't have it but tell them they should get it in. :D Sick to my back teeth of trying to get a "hearing" with the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Also ask if they would consider getting Old Speckled Hen on draught?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Nope but do me a favour and ask them for Aspall Cider. They won't have it but tell them they should get it in. :D Sick to my back teeth of trying to get a "hearing" with the owner.

Oooooh I love Aspall Cider! Mmmmm.

Can I get it in an offie BeerBaron?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Mission accomplished. he said he'd get anything we wanted if we drank enough of the stuff. and said Blue moon is moving...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That Blue Moon stuff is quality. And that's coming from a lad who doesn't usually drink beer!

Speaking of "mission accomplished". My next mission is to get a few of my friends to try out a few decent beers instead of cheap naggins and crap pints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Aspall's a quality drink alright.

Speaking of "mission accomplished". My next mission is to get a few of my friends to try out a few decent beers instead of cheap naggins and crap pints.

Best of luck with that

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    Best of luck with that

The saddest part is that the same guys used to love going to places like the Locke. Not so these days!

Drinking just to get drunk enough for the club seems like such a waste of time.

Thats an awful state of affairs, I dont really think people like that are mature. I mean if you cant just enjoy a nice pint/glass/bottle or two of beer without getting wasted is just stupid and a waste of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Irish Craft beers boards meet-up ftw! Though I do like a good German beer also :)

• Advertisement

IO, it was the Funk Junkies the band you were asking about.

Irish Craft beers boards meet-up ftw! Though I do like a good German beer also :)

Count me in anyway. :)
    zuroph wrote: »
    IO, it was the Funk Junkies the band you were asking about.

Thanks a lot for that! They were fantastic last week, warming up the crowd for the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Was gonna suggest the same! :p

Craft beer pub crawl? :p

Was gonna suggest the same! :p
    zuroph wrote: »
    Craft beer pub crawl? :p

Fairly difficult. Not too many craft beers about in this city. :( You wouldn't get too far. Fair enough Galway Hooker is in O'Connells and maybe O'Haras but unless you can get a good Metalman or Dungarvan or Porterhouse then you're not doing very well. ;)

Head into Micky Martins soon as they have a Porterhouse Down N Outz which was commissioned by Joe Elliot of Def Leppard. 330ml bottles and very rare to find in this country. Very Very Malty. :p

Fairly difficult. Not too many craft beers about in this city. :( You wouldn't get too far. Fair enough Galway Hooker is in O'Connells and maybe O'Haras but unless you can get a good Metalman or Dungarvan or Porterhouse then you're not doing very well. ;)

Head into Micky Martins soon as they have a Porterhouse Down N Outz which was commissioned by Joe Elliot of Def Leppard. 330ml bottles and very rare to find in this country. Very Very Malty. :p

Locke for a blue moon/aspall cider soon ;), on to o connells for a galway hooker, on to mickeys for a downnoutz, then on to wicked chicken for an erdinger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

I see punches advertising a brew pub on the paper must give it a try

sioda wrote: »

Yeah I saw the sign outside the other day - potential!

Also the White House does Paulaner on draught.

sounds like plenty of spots for a crawl so! I'd be glad if we could get a decent group into one pub, let alone 5 but would be a laugh!

sioda wrote: »

Must get back onto him so.

• Advertisement

Also the White House does Paulaner on draught.

Curraghower does aswell,although I've gone off the stuff after a very messy night a few months ago.Enjoying a few Erdinger now though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Walking home from work today and passing Centra near South court hotel, Saw what looked like an Unmarked Garda Car
    fly up the street with blue flashing lights coming out of the grills under the bonnet tearing up the road, enter the wrong way against the traffic through a one way traffic system (they entered through an exit) and seen what looked like a Garda jump out of the car.....thought for a minute there was some emergency..........where did he go....into the feckin chipper!!!! :eek::rolleyes:

~B

If you guys really want to go drinking try Dublins Oktoberfest on the Docklands.

http://www.visitdublin.com/Event/Oktoberfest_2011

My companies running it with Erdinger again. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

On the subject of Gardaí, I saw my first black Guard yesterday! It was kinda awesome.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    On the subject of GardaÃ*, I saw my first black Guard yesterday! It was kinda awesome.
    LOL

If you guys really want to go drinking try Dublins Oktoberfest on the Docklands.

http://www.visitdublin.com/Event/Oktoberfest_2011

My companies running it with Erdinger again. :D:D

Awww I miss Dublin (tho I'm there atm, until Monday, so not really missing it right now I guess :pac::pac:). The Oktoberfest there is truly great, went a couple of years ago. Not quite Munchen but.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I think id like some beer the weekend....i rarely drink but ye people have given me an awful thirst..

Downing some Coors Light as I type! he he :D

Mc Love wrote: »
    Downing some Coors Light as I type! he he :D

Sorry to tell you,but that's not beer,neither was the miller you were drinking the other night :)

• Advertisement

Awww I miss Dublin (tho I'm there atm, until Monday, so not really missing it right now I guess :pac::pac:). The Oktoberfest there is truly great, went a couple of years ago. Not quite Munchen but.... :pac:

Paulaner had it but it's been Erdinger last year and this year. Apparently Paulaner(AKA Heineken Ireland) made a bags of it. ;)
    Sorry to tell you,but that's not beer,neither was the miller you were drinking the other night :)

What he said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement