Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Peppermint tea is nice too

It's Rooibos brand - got from Lidl. Hint of vanilla now, nice. I'm really liking orange tea too.

God, I sound like a loser.

Anyone watching the new Shameless?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Sorry ladies,but coffee ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Aldi fair trade coffee FTW!

I'm not a lady

and yeah, coffee wins hands down ALL the time.

I'm not a lady

and yeah, coffee wins hands down ALL the time.

You're not? :eek:

• Advertisement

You're not? :eek:

Well, I just looked down south there to double check and yeah, i can confirm, I am not a female.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

What the hell is a troll? Keep seeing people saying that, I mean I know what a troll is but whats trolling :confused:

Well, I just looked down south there to double check and yeah, i can confirm, I am not a female.

wow,you sure? :D
    kilburn wrote: »
    What the hell is a troll? Keep seeing people saying that, I mean I know what a troll is but whats trolling :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Good lad test you always have the answers !

Lots of trolls in the Limerick forum :p

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    Good lad test you always have the answers !

I try,I do try

Caught my first troll in the Corbally thread sad pathetic !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Back when I first bought my house and I was still going through my Goth Phase I made the mistake (one of many) of putting down a Thick Black non patterned Carpet in the main Bedroom.
    The Carpet Man warned me at the time it would be nightmare to keep! but I did not listen. Roll on a decade later........
    ... its driving me mad! and he was right.

was taking something apart last night and lost a small black spring and had to go looking on my hand and knees and I had not realized how filthy it looked. The Carpet looked like it had faded to grey rather than being black.
    Covered in Cat hair, Fluff, Dust etc, Now Its hovered once or twice a week
    but but it makes little difference, a few times a month I actually go down on my hands and knees with a damp sponge and hand wipe and clean every inch of hit bit by bit to make it look clean.

I'm living in a semi-detached house and I know my neighbor had a wooden floor in their bedroom as I can hear every footstep they make when they walk about with shoes on through the wall!! :eek:
    That puts me off just taking the carpet up and either sanding the floor or putting down junkers etc.

Also dont want the coldness of the likes of Lino as dont want the bedroom feeling like a bathroom or kitchen or a cheap nasty looking industrial floor look. I'd like something clean, easy to maintain, non-noisey.

Anyone know of alternative floor surfaces that people use for Bedrooms ?

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anybody going to the Last Word live tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hi Keane, I am going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

bullets wrote: »
    Back when I first bought my house and I was still going through my Goth Phase I made the mistake (one of many) of putting down a Thick Black non patterned Carpet in the main Bedroom.
    The Carpet Man warned me at the time it would be nightmare to keep! but I did not listen. Roll on a decade later........
    ... its driving me mad! and he was right.

was taking something apart last night and lost a small black spring and had to go looking on my hand and knees and I had not realized how filthy it looked. The Carpet looked like it had faded to grey rather than being black.
    Covered in Cat hair, Fluff, Dust etc, Now Its hovered once or twice a week
    but but it makes little difference, a few times a month I actually go down on my hands and knees with a damp sponge and hand wipe and clean every inch of hit bit by bit to make it look clean.

I'm living in a semi-detached house and I know my neighbor had a wooden floor in their bedroom as I can hear every footstep they make when they walk about with shoes on through the wall!! :eek:
    That puts me off just taking the carpet up and either sanding the floor or putting down junkers etc.

Also dont want the coldness of the likes of Lino as dont want the bedroom feeling like a bathroom or kitchen or a cheap nasty looking industrial floor look. I'd like something clean, easy to maintain, non-noisey.

Anyone know of alternative floor surfaces that people use for Bedrooms ?

~B

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/mar/01/diy.homes54

I particularly like the sound of the cork, its something different. Havent a clue where you'd get it though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anybody going to the Last Word live tonight?

I was invited but I figured the usual "get in the paper" heads would be there and just annoy me so I opted to have a chinese and watch some of the recent arrivals from Amazon instead. :D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/mar/01/diy.homes54

I particularly like the sound of the cork, its something different. Havent a clue where you'd get it though! :)

Pretty cool, probably expensive thanks!

I must get googleing, some of those Cork Floors look pretty cool and
    since you can just cut them with a stanley blade and glue them down they could be installed
    pretty easy!

I like :-)
    http://www.corkfloor.com/benefits.html
    ~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

bullets wrote: »
    Pretty cool, probably expensive thanks!

I must get googleing, some of those Cork Floors look pretty cool and
    since you can just cut them with a stanley blade and glue them down they could be installed
    pretty easy!

I like :-)
    http://www.corkfloor.com/benefits.html
    ~B

Even more interesting than I thought! Looks good!

I'm drooling over it :D cant find any online stores in
    Ireland that sells it, found one Irish online store last night
    that apparently sells it but they had no info on prices,
    also saw a board.ie post from a few years back that
    said it was 90 Euro's per square meter a bit much for me since my savings
    are in the minus figures! (less than Zero) at the moment.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Berty wrote: »
    I was invited but I figured the usual "get in the paper" heads would be there and just annoy me so I opted to have a chinese and watch some of the recent arrivals from Amazon instead. :D

Seems like a strange thing to let stop you attending an event. It was a decent enough show anyway.

The last one I was at had Neil Francis at it, and tbh the setup kind of needs someone like him who won't just sit there and pander to the partisan nature of the crowd.

John Muldoon, for example, has said in public that he expects Toulon to win the match on Sunday but declared that Munster would win last night. The quality of analysis wasn't that great as it aws just a bit of a Munster love in.

Still, John Kelly and Frankie Sheehan were good for a laugh as always. Entertaining show, a couple of free pints, I'll be back again next time it's in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah it wasnt too bad seeing as you could win a jersey or rugby ball signed by the panel for asking a question and the best question asked won two tickets to the London Irish game next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mydearwatson

Hi Limerick people! :D Hope it's OK to post in this thread, as I have a question but didn't think there was much point in starting a new thread especially!

I stay in the Strand Hotel in Limerick pretty regularly, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a safe route from the hotel for jogging for a woman early in the mornings(6.30, 7.00 ish)? Maybe a 5km loop. I just really don't know the city and don't know what the best direction to head would be.

I could just use the treadmills in the hotel gym, but my colleagues stay there too and I'd be a bit embarrassed about running into some of them there! :o

Thanks!

Hi Limerick people! :D Hope it's OK to post in this thread, as I have a question but didn't think there was much point in starting a new thread especially!

I stay in the Strand Hotel in Limerick pretty regularly, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a safe route from the hotel for jogging for a woman early in the mornings(6.30, 7.00 ish)? Maybe a 5km loop. I just really don't know the city and don't know what the best direction to head would be.

I could just use the treadmills in the hotel gym, but my colleagues stay there too and I'd be a bit embarrassed about running into some of them there! :o

Thanks!

Something like this perhaps?The girlfriend uses this route as part of hers.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Shelbourne+Rd&daddr=Clancy+Strand+to:Unknown+road+to:Shelbourne+Rd&geocode=FeizIwMdyih8_w%3BFZqlIwMdI1l8_w%3BFeGXIwMd9Cp8_w%3BFZ6zIwMdyih8_w&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=2&mrsp=3&sz=16&dirflg=w&sll=52.668172,-8.634932&sspn=0.010111,0.033023&ie=UTF8&ll=52.667625,-8.643794&spn=0.010111,0.033023&z=16

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

^
    I think the rowing clubs do a similar route. Some lovely views that way as well.

The rowing clubs go down as far as O Mara Motors old place just a wider loop over onto Brookville Ave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Thanks!

Go out towards the river, turn right down O'Callaghan strand and follow the road in a curve away from the river. You'll come to a roundabout on your left, keep it on your left and go straight (you'll end up cutting across one of the roads leading onto the roundabout). Go along that road (should be signposted North Circular road) and you'll be on a loop that if you follow will lead you back to the river.

The North Circular Road is 2.6 miles around in a loop so just a bit short of 5k. I've run it at all times of the year, sometimes early in the morning, sometimes late at night and it's perfectly safe. I'm sure if you ask at reception they'll be able to show you it on a map.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Anyone fancy an impromtu boards beers tomorrow? I got gypped out of a night out last night, and can't shake the thirst since :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

no can do tomorrow, will be packing :D

Plan to do a steak and beers night early Feb :)

beers in cork tonight :p

thats a lot of smileys.:(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

zuroph wrote: »
    no can do tomorrow, will be packing :D

Plan to do a steak and beers night early Feb :)

beers in cork tonight :p

thats a lot of smileys.:(

Ah you have the life! I'm supposed to be in Cork tonight but for work, not beer, so I won't complain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement