Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

hmm. they're meant to be for specific tyre sizes.. must pop over for a look

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

zuroph wrote: »
    hmm. they're meant to be for specific tyre sizes.. must pop over for a look

There's a list of tyre sizes on the back of the packet, mine fall into the category I bought so I hope they fit :eek:

Oh hey Zuroph, meant to ask- have you played with your Epic Mickey yet?
    :D :pac:

ha. no chance yet, hoping over xmas to get a good few free nights to get stuck in! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Just don't get your epic mickey out tonight. There'll be too many people over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

wishing all you boardsies a very happy Christmas, even those I dont like :) Have a good one guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

wishing all you boardsies a very happy Christmas, even those I dont like :) Have a good one guys

Thanks. Right back at you. ;)

happy xmas gang!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

happy new year all! Hope everyone has a good un

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Happy new year everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭luosymnisiAZIBI

hi i'm putting this in the waffle thread because i think it'll be deleted as a real post :-(

Does anyone know where you could meet german speakers in the City Centre? I know all about UL as i used to go there, i'm wondering about the city centre. i don't know how to find out about this. i know there is goethe institut in dublin alright.

I just need to start speaking german to get back to college.

/waffeywaffley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Happy new year folks

hi i'm putting this in the waffle thread because i think it'll be deleted as a real post :-(

Does anyone know where you could meet german speakers in the City Centre? I know all about UL as i used to go there, i'm wondering about the city centre. i don't know how to find out about this. i know there is goethe institut in dublin alright.

I just need to start speaking german to get back to college.

/waffeywaffley

id say you might have more luck asking on couchsurfing.org, in the limerick section there.

i'm on couchsurfing, but i never knew there was a limerick section?!?!

thanks for the tip x

i'm on couchsurfing, but i never knew there was a limerick section?!?!

thanks for the tip x

no prob, saw your post over there, best of luck finding someone :)

thanks babes

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

thanks babes
    :o

rarr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just made an account on couchsurfing as well there. I was aware of the concept before but didn't realise it was so popular - seems to be an extremely vibrant community they've got going on.

Do you guys have much experience with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hey guys

So from tomorrow I am moving to Limerick so you all have to promise to be gentle with me, as I'm a seasoned boardsie but a shiny new Limerick newbie :)

Looking forward to it, any last minute tips/advice? (Responses such as 'Don't do it, stay where you are' will be ignored :pac::pac:)

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just made an account on couchsurfing as well there. I was aware of the concept before but didn't realise it was so popular - seems to be an extremely vibrant community they've got going on.

Do you guys have much experience with it?

I had two french couchsurfers who were cycling around ireland for a week, and a swiss one who was doing the same, ending his trip at electric picnic. It's brilliant!

• Advertisement

Hey guys

So from tomorrow I am moving to Limerick so you all have to promise to be gentle with me, as I'm a seasoned boardsie but a shiny new Limerick newbie :)

Looking forward to it, any last minute tips/advice? (Responses such as 'Don't do it, stay where you are' will be ignored :pac::pac:)

I find by checking the Limerick Section of boards, and joining up to the art galleries etc on facebook you get a sense of what's going on. Limerick Event Guide is a free mag you will find in the pubs too. WELCOME!!

Hey guys

Welcome.

Don't say "that's Limerick City kid" on O'Connell street on the way home from a night out - I got punched in the back of the head by a stranger for it on my birthday :(

I got punched in the back of the head by a stranger for it on my birthday :(

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Of all the places in the world I would have thought it was safe to say it!

First time I've ever had any aggro in Limerick though to be fair - it was on the 18th (last saturday night before Xmas) and I think a lot of people had been out all day between the Munster match and the 12 pubs buzz so things were a bit messy.

Never mind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hey guys

Welcome to Limerick :)

- Best advice is to post any queries on here, they're a sound crew and I've seen a lot of good advice given out in the past to new arrivals as the regulars argue it out on here!!!

As for the negative image, just use your own cop on and don't wander the streets on your own at 3.30am etc etc etc and you'll be ok.

Come to a beers and get to know some of the posters on here, last one was a good laugh! Welcome to Limerick!

Come to a beers and get to know some of the posters on here, last one was a good laugh! Welcome to Limerick!

We should have another one of these as well by the way, I was pretty gutted to miss the last one.

We should have another one of these as well by the way, I was pretty gutted to miss the last one.

the couchsurfers are up to something either tonight or at the weekend, we could tag along and make friends!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Hey guys

From one blow-in to another, tá failte romhat!

I'm here almost a year, found this forum and www.ilovelimerick.com informative, also I'd recommend "liking" some of the local pages on facebook, ie Dolans, Nancy Blakes, the Milk Market, City Sports Partnership, etc.. as it's another handy way of keeping abreast of events etc..

Do come to a boards beers as well, the last one was a bitta fun... in fact, New Years Beers anyone? (I just like it coz it rhymes, I'm easily pleased :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks guys - lots of great suggestions. Like I said I am looking forward to it, so hopefulyl will see soem of ye in person at some point through a Boards beers or otherwise!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement