Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Thanks guys - lots of great suggestions. Like I said I am looking forward to it, so hopefulyl will see soem of ye in person at some point through a Boards beers or otherwise!

You're supporting the right football team anyway, thats a start! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

So any one broken their new years resolution yet?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Broke one part of it, kept the rest :D
    I should never be left alone in a room with a box of Quality Street. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

kilburn wrote: »

I said I would eat better but I broke that tonight when I had a chinese takeaway. I'm in a hotel bored and the missus doesnt know about it so it doesn't count.

Told her I had a Chicken thing or something in the hotel restaurant. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

kilburn wrote: »

Bought a bag of chips on the way home, I knew I had no food in the house as I haven't been back in almost 2 weeks. Ara feckit anyway, it was only chips, as opposed to chips and burger and a soft drink.

• Advertisement

You keep telling yourself that.

NOW - If you bought a bag of grease in Enzo's or similar then it cancels out the good of not having a burger because its soo bad for you anyway.

Yeah it was a bag of grease but I didn't even finish them, I think it was more for the taste than anything. I have a ginormous appetite (was on the oul "see-food" diet for the last year) so for me not to buy a burger etc was a big deal. I'm cutting waaay back, to what would be probably be considered normal "girl" portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mine was to exercise more and eat less junk food. Going well so far. Also to give up drink*

*with the exception of match days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭luosymnisiAZIBI

i walked 10 k today - good.
    then i went on the lash in nancy's - bad.

LOLLIFICATION!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

i hadn't come up with a new years resolution but was reading today about the ill effects of alcohol and chocolate have on your health so thats my solution .... ill just have to give up reading :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

i hadn't come up with a new years resolution but was reading today about the ill effects of alcohol and chocolate have on your health so thats my solution .... ill just have to give up reading :D

85%+ cocoa chocolate is pretty good for you if you want to have two or three squares as a treat occasionally.

the couchsurfers are up to something either tonight or at the weekend, we could tag along and make friends!!

I could be tempted by this depending on what's going on.

Don't think I'd be up for that dinner party, but if they're going for a few drinks I might call in...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

the CS forum is looking to be more active this year, i think we should merge for a beers some night!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭luosymnisiAZIBI

hurray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Well I made it in one piece - joined the library, joined the gym, unpacked a million boxes and am already starting to adjust to the accent (well... nearly!) :)

Limerick city ftw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

So what brings you here eclectic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Welcome eclectic, We'll have to organise another beers and have you along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

zuroph wrote: »
    So what brings you here eclectic?

Folks please show a bit of sensitivity - Eclectic could well be a part of the Witness Protection Program after seeing many People killed in cold blood while eating a Burrito.

- They may also be very socially awkward and/or cripplingly shy. For this reason perhaps if there is a Beers organised they may well appreciate it if they are carefully situated in an adjacent Pub to the rest of us etc.

Raiser wrote: »
    Folks please show a bit of sensitivity - Eclectic could well be a part of the Witness Protection Program after seeing many People killed in cold blood while eating a Burrito.

- They may also be very socially awkward and/or cripplingly shy. For this reason perhaps if there is a Beers organised they may well appreciate it if they are carefully situated in an adjacent Pub to the rest of us etc.

Hate when that happens...

And when you say "us", do you mean you'd actually attend the next beers and we'd finally see your face? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

And when you say "us", do you mean you'd actually attend the next beers and we'd finally see your face? :D

Maybe he has already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I feel like i just got raped in the male/female singer wanted thread sick. :o

Raiser wrote: »

Hmm Limerick... of all the places to be relocated to on a Witness protection programme, eh? :D

Good suggestion all the same :p The real reason I'm here though, is I got a new job here so decided to make the move! The reason modt people probably relocate I guess, as boring as it is. I'll think of a more exotic reason by the time of the Boards beers, I promise :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

ECLECTIC - I hope you brought me some chocolate from Fallon and Byrne? If not, go back to Dublin!

ULstudent wrote: »
    ECLECTIC - I hope you brought me some chocolate from Fallon and Byrne? If not, go back to Dublin!

Hey dude did you see the thread looking for a PT recommendation?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056139957

You could probably help I'd guess...

Hey guys

Does any know if there is a laundrette / laundry service (self-service or otherwise - I'm desperate!) in Dooradoyle/Raheen? I had a quick google and found one in the Racefield Centre, is that on Fr Russell Road?

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There is a very good one on St.Nessans Road beside Xtra vision Dooradoyle called Early Bird

Hey guys

Does any know if there is a laundrette / laundry service (self-service or otherwise - I'm desperate!) in Dooradoyle/Raheen? I had a quick google and found one in the Racefield Centre, is that on Fr Russell Road?

Thanks! :)

No washing machine in your place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

so whens this beers then?

• Advertisement

so whens this beers then?

When's the trip to Ballyhoura actually?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement