Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Had to delete what I was gonna say as I would get into trouble.......wait no actually Ross is a f*****g idiot,nothing but ****e comes outta his mouth,knew I shouldn't have joined a party with him in it.Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Had to delete what I was gonna say as I would get into trouble.......wait no actually Ross is a f*****g idiot,nothing but ****e comes outta his mouth,knew I shouldn't have joined a party with him in it.Never again.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Ross = celtic201401 or whatever ? Yeah hes a tool, remember him sending me loads of abusive messages on XBL, calling me a "hun" etc lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah Ross is such a fuucker omg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Talking about people when they are banned and can't reply is so cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wish I was as cool as you mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

/mod hat on

Back on topic/less insults please.

/mod hat off

kells smells.

iMuse wrote: »

Ya thats fair,the laptop was right beside when I raged so it was an intial angry reaction which wasn't fair to someone who can't post back.

On a side note for the next cod beers we could do a fundraiser

http://www.whitecollarboxing.ie/

Me and ross,everyone's gets a laugh and money could be raised.
    I'm only 5'5 and 8 and a half stone so nothing to fear there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Did he not re reg no? Shifty shellshock? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

And I thought nothing phased Perrin :pac:

• Advertisement

Jev/N wrote: »
    And I thought nothing phased Perrin :pac:

Me too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Lawl :rolleyes:

I told him to shut up and stop raging a while back and he deleted me. I now have him muted so if I join I don't have to listen to him (mostly in consideration for the others playing. So we don't have a go at each other) The guy's constantly on his period or something

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If a spot opens up there giz a invite someone :pac: Infection is starting to bore me haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

HC Ricochet Domination...surprisingly good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KaosWatson

Furious.. you have finally succumbed to the Hardcore revolution! (also, i'm such a beast at xp gain per game(look at Furious' Screenshot.) :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Looks like I came in at the right time, Ross you say? Lovely, lovely fellow. Very nice lad.

Played Spec Ops tonight with my mate, looks like I found something in this game that I actually enjoy! Saying that though, I'm terrible :P

FunkZ wrote: »
    Looks like I came in at the right time, Ross you say? Lovely, lovely fellow. Very nice lad.

Played Spec Ops tonight with my mate, looks like I found something in this game that I actually enjoy! Saying that though, I'm terrible :P

Yimrag and I played it one night, had great craic but I was a noob and couldn't buy much in the way of useful equipment. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Cossax wrote: »
    Yimrag and I played it one night, had great craic but I was a noob and couldn't buy much in the way of useful equipment. :o

I'd love a 4 player version of it!

It's really good, much better co-op than single player!

• Advertisement

I'd play Spec ops Survival with anyone if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Played HC KC last night for the first time,with kaos and mini,went suprisingly well.....
    NHkqm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Played HC KC last night for the first time,with kaos and mini,went suprisingly well.....

I had a pop at it aswell and wanted to set my xbox alight aftwerwards.

Hardcore is not for me. The camping was unbelieveable

My favourite HC Ricochet Dom moment was Kells stabbing me and dying, the dope! If I had some more time on my hands I might just make a video/screenshot the killfeed....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

x43r0 wrote: »

Irony-Overload+joanne.jpg

I was thinking about hardcore and I reckon the team choice of loadouts and tactics is much more important than in normal mode. In mw2 if everyone on a team picked and used ARs then they'd lose out to shotguns and snipers at the extreme ranges; in mw3, ARs and SMGs don't get beaten generally as the maps are more favourable to them so there is no point for a player to try fill a niche. When a few of us played S&D in mw2, a few would run sitrep and give callouts to guys running ninja for claymores etc. We'd each try to use our loadouts to the maximum benefit of the team. MW3 nearly succeeded in making certain weapons classes obsolete, killing off the variety of previous CoD games.

I'm simplifying here but if everyone on a team camps generally they'll lose, if everyone on a team rushes they'll lose. For hardcore in mw3 the balance of the team with regard to weapon, perks, killstreaks, tactics, enemy callouts, grenade throws is more important and requires more coordination, especially if you want to try and achieve near continuous uavs for the team. That niche role that you could fill in previous CoDs which is absent normally in mw3 is there in the hardcore modes.

Take for example picking recon as your first perk; no point throwing your grenades without a uav up as your team won't see the enemy locations, you're not likely to experience many hitmarkers from bullets so you'll want to maximise your grenades/explosives. You're success with recon is dependant on someone calling in a UAV (player running hardline and only uav and cuav), someone killing them and possibly another team mate (maybe using assassin) keeping enemy uav and cuav out of the sky with a stinger.

I can't put my finger on describing it exactly, but it plays like team swat from halo 2/3 (best gamemode ever) and with a bit of mw2's lethality mixed in. It's not going to be liked by everyone but it certainly takes you out of your comfort zone and forces you to re-think about how you play mw3.
    Cossax wrote: »
    My favourite HC Ricochet Dom moment was Kells stabbing me and dying, the dope! If I had some more time on my hands I might just make a video/screenshot the killfeed....

I did the same to Perrin, got shot, went into final stand, perrin came to my aid/gawk at me like a slack jawed yokel, I stabbed him, which killed me, sweet release.

x43r0 wrote: »

That was Interchange, don't let that one game Ruin the entire Hardcore mode for you, it's a campy ass map. come play again another time, hope we get a good map. :)

I've tried to play HC a few times, can never get a game of DOM, but TDM was ok. I'd say more cautious than campy but after a while ya get used to it. Also learned that C4 is pretty much suicide, 3 times in 1 match I died from either the explosion of my own C4 or a team mate running into it :(

yimrsg wrote: »
    I did the same to Perrin, got shot, went into final stand, perrin came to my aid/gawk at me like a slack jawed yokel, I stabbed him, which killed me, sweet release.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQzeAPGy0U3WPbiTMq_aSwopGlz77OEbtyy4fWkbFlgHEPOHyAml3Xd0O0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

stealth bombers can be a bitch too

• Advertisement

I'm online atm if anyone wants a game, just send me an Invite. (for those who don't have me added, the GT's KaosWatson. :P)

Advertisement