Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why do the gardai only drive certain brands

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Traffic Core BMW 330i coupe complete with tinted windows and german style reg plates around Kildare

Traffic Core Ford Ranger crew cab also around Kildare.

All the new unmarked cars have thje aerials mounted internally in the wing mirrors, strobes hidden in the headlights and reverse lights and no gear mounted on the dashboards, they are indistinguishable from normal cars:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

I saw this recently

garda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I've seen an unmarked Toyota Corolla (hatchback), Fiat Punto, Opel Vectra, Volvo S60. Obviously there are loads of different cars they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

What about this one in melbourne

van21-1.jpg

van11-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

VinnyTGM wrote: »
    I've seen an unmarked Toyota Corolla (hatchback), Fiat Punto, Opel Vectra, Volvo S60. Obviously there are loads of different cars they have.

The way things have gone here, all these unmarked cars are probably privately owned by the Detectives themselves and they are getting mileage!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

shaaane wrote: »
    Spotted 1 of these recently here too
    dscd0899.jpg

one of these unmarked dark blue which constantly drives from Dundalk up to Drogheda on the motorway, turns and goes back again, always stopping people. based in Dundalk i think. it certainly doesnt stand out!

I dont see why the gards dont buy a civic or something similar then when some boy racer tries to race them they pull them up for dangerous driving! :pac:

What a plan!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I dont see why the gards dont buy a civic or something similar then when some boy racer tries to race them they pull them up for dangerous driving! :pac:

What a plan!!!

Because then you have fools committing dangerous acts on the road to get the Guards attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

there are loads of reasons why every cop car stands out main one for me is number plate ,this isnt every cop car but the vast majority.no garage advert on a metal plate with a d reg ,loads of other things aswell but i even have seen a vw caddy van that has an obvious sign its an unmarked vehichle,its way more obvious than 3 aerials alone

Because then you have fools committing dangerous acts on the road to get the Guards attention.

but if it was an unmarked Garda car (for example a civic) they wouldn't know that they are about to try racing a Garda car. They go over speed limit and bang.... two penalty points in the post. simple.

The boy racers may think twice about trying to race another civic in the future for fear of getting more penalty points.

there are loads of reasons why every cop car stands out main one for me is number plate ,this isnt every cop car but the vast majority.no garage advert on a metal plate with a d reg ,loads of other things aswell but i even have seen a vw caddy van that has an obvious sign its an unmarked vehichle,its way more obvious than 3 aerials alone

yea as a rule I never pass out any Dublin reg mondeos. (until i get close enough to see the baby on board sticker etc.. )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

I always thought it too, that Garda cars were always Fords and Toyotas, then one day I saw a robbery at the credit union in Rathfarnham, some guys drove a 4x4 through the door of the place...within a few minutes every second car on the road had blue lights, I'm not joking! They were coming from everywhere, every different make and model, size and shape, there were even some people-carriers. No way you'd have known these cars without the flashing lights, from the types or car or from the drivers, but they were all Guards. So yes, they do have many many different kinds of cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

Simple reason....only fords and toyotas have enough coffee and donut holders for the boys and girls in blue....

:cool: gets coat....

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

squod wrote: »
    They had a couple of petrol Forresters aswell.

Had two Forresters down here in clare, one of them was written off while chasing a young fella back towards West Clare. Always wanted to meet that fella and shake his hand:)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rilly99

i was pulled by 4x4 in dublin locked my door as i pulled in didnt believe were cops as fogs were on -but they were let me off for breaking red light -think he used to live in my estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Chuck Norri

Traffic Core BMW 330i coupe complete with tinted windows and german style reg plates around Kildare

Traffic Core Ford Ranger crew cab also around Kildare.

All the new unmarked cars have thje aerials mounted internally in the wing mirrors, strobes hidden in the headlights and reverse lights and no gear mounted on the dashboards, they are indistinguishable from normal cars:mad:

lol, got pulled over by a banner in this a couple of months ago...

did'nt suspect a thing until she flashed the blue lights. :mad:

Advertisement