Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 14 (FFXIV)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Razleavy wrote: »
    PS3 and PC collectors edition (I need help!)
    Any preferences with regard to platform?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still no code.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Still no code.....

Drop them a mail with your order ID. I did last night and had the code this morning. Could have been coincidence.
    https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5383&la=2

@ArthurG: The launcher was apparently just updated. Should be available to DL now.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

OldGoat wrote: »
    Any preferences with regard to platform?

Eh, not really. It will depend on my mood I'd say. I thought it looked lovely on the PS3 on a 50 inch TV, but one thing I noticed about the PS3 version is that sometimes other players and NPCs will revert to the simplified movement.. so they kind of stutter. It does look sharper on my laptop running on "High Laptop" settings at 1920 x 1080, but that is to be expected. The only other difference I can think of at the moment is with the UI and action bars, etc. but for the beta I just used the gamepad one that the PS3 verions uses for the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Everything you need to know about FF14 ARR in 1 handy guide..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657017

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Client is downloading \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

havnt been following this, have they actually made a good game out of the disaster that was its original release? is it using a monthly sub?

havnt been following this, have they actually made a good game out of the disaster that was its original release? is it using a monthly sub?

I played FFXI for 4~ years and while I enjoyed it I hoped I wouldn't have another game do the same... I'm afraid from what I have played of 2.0 I'll be playing it for a long time! They have definitely made an excellent game this time around.

Yes it's a monthly sub.

1st month is free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

did a quest there about killing some rats, and it was called
    "Ain't nobody got time for rats"

LOOOOOOL etc

• Advertisement

So now I hear you might be able to change appearance at first login.
    Seems I might not have to restart my character after all if this is true. The name is set ok, but it looks like a baboons ar$e.

Might get to continue from where I left off after all. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Any idea what time servers open at tomorrow?

ArthurG wrote: »
    Any idea what time servers open at tomorrow?

Same time as the beta so.. 9 a.m. GMT if I remember correctly?

Just found this, gives a countdown :P

http://arrstatus.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Heya folks.

Just to let you know that there is a 1035MB update for the game now available. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I expect a full report on my desk by 9 pm Sunday evening, thats giving you guys the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Dcully wrote: »
    I expect a full report on my desk by 9 pm Sunday evening, thats giving you guys the weekend :)

Won't be happening. My dog ate it :O

Lads what's the best server to go on?what one will ye be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I'm on Odin I read that there's a few UK/Irish clan on it.

Lads what's the best server to go on?what one will ye be on?

Odin here too mate.
    I'll update tomorrow with my character name depending on how things go.
    Not part of any guild during beta.

Just FYI lads, I don't know who has been at an MMO launch before but expect problems and don't judge the game straight away if there is.
    MMO launches rarely go off without a hitch.
    Hopefully being early access, it won't be as bad as what Tuesday will be.. :pac:

• Advertisement

Odin it is then :cool:

These two deferred exams couldn't have come at a worse time :( Roll on Wed 18:00 :)

How is early access going for you guys? Anyone on PS3, does it run well? Can you use the Phase 4 beta launcher?

I'm only getting online now.

Name: Barid Medar - I started from scratch.

Jax you can use P4 launcher yes. There is a 1gb update for it.

I had just created my char and was about to start when I get the message all the worlds are down for maintenance :mad:.

I had just created my char and was about to start when I get the message all the worlds are down for maintenance :mad:.

Sadly so. There was a problem with the Duty Finder that needs fixing.
    Refer to my previous post. Launch rarely goes off without a hitch ;:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Got on first thing this morning. We'll 10.30 or so. Made a new character on Odin. Mister Black if you see me ^_^

Played non stop till 3.30 when I had to log off to drive down the country, so missed the maintenance. I used the duty finder for a guildleve no prob.

Thoroughly enjoyed the time I played and can't wait to get back on tomorrow.

I'm not sure what the deal is with voice acting. Some scenes are voiced others aren't. Bit odd.

Other than that loving everything so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive a huge collection of MMO games gathering dust, should i even bother with this?
    Tired of failed MMOs.

Can't even get onto a server now lol,there all full.

• Advertisement

Monday can't come sooner! Any word if ganestop is stocking 30 day cards?

Advertisement