Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Olympic games highlights on now on Eurosport. Keep an eye on their listings, they've been showing a lot of Olympics stuff over the last couple of weeks.

Highlights of the IAAF Cross Country Championship from Antrim - Thursday, 7.30pm on Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

James Cracknell - race across America on Sky Channel 144 now, runs until midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Lance & Oprah - 2am Friday morning on Discovery Channel.

G-Money wrote: »
    Highlights of the IAAF Cross Country Championship from Antrim - Thursday, 7.30pm on Setanta.

This is on freeview tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,770 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone catch Gary Newbon's interview with Carl Lewis a few nights back on Sky Sports. Very good. Lewis is the most articulate sports star I have seen. Very fluid and interesting. Went into the whole drug fail in 1988. Gave his side of the affair. Really cements for me that Lewis was a true and natural great.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Dindane

G-Money wrote: »

I missed it first time around, being repeated though according to the highlights on YouTube....

Tuesday 22 Jan 1700 (SS1)
    Wednesday 23 Jan 0830 (S Irl)
    Wednesday 23 Jan 1730 (SS1)
    Wednesday 23 Jan 1930 (S Irl)
    Thursday 24 Jan 0330 (S Irl)
    Thursday 31 Jan 1700 (SS1)

Premier Sports (Sky UK 428) -
    Sunday 20 Jan 1400
    Tuesday 22 Jan 1700
    Wednesday 23 Jan 1730
    Friday 25 Jan 2000
    Thursday 31 Jan 1700

UK International Match Saturday BBC One, 1.30pm
    Coverage of the indoor meeting at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow, the newly built facility constructed for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in the Scottish city. The likes of 400m hurdler Perri Shakes-Drayton, pole vault star Holly Bleasdale and high jumper Robbie Grabarz are expected to be in attendance, as they represent a Great Britain team competing against Russia, the USA and a team made up of athletes from countries in the Commonwealth. Presented by Jonathan Edwards, with commentary from Paul Dickenson, Andrew Cotter and Steve Cram, and analysis by Paula Radcliffe, Denise Lewis and Colin Jackson.

I think Finnoula is running at this???
    Coverage of the European Athletics Indoor Permit meeting from the Europahalle in Karlsruhe, Germany.

Eurosport, Saturday, 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

ESPN America 13.00-15.00 9th Feb, New Balance Indoor Grand Prix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

New Balance Indoor Grand Prix on now.. as JosDel mentioned.

A feast of athletics on the box this week...

- Repeats of PSD Bank Indoor Meeting, Düsseldorf on Eurosport 1 & 2, 8pm Sat 9th Feb and various other times.

- Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc, Eurosport 2, 10.30pm, Weds 13th Feb

- British Athletics Grand Prix, Birmingham, BBC 1, 1pm, Sat 16th Feb

- ING Miami Marathon & Half Marathon, ESPN America, 6am, Sun 17th Feb and repeats

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

On the Champions League last night Bill mentioned that RTE2 be showing the National Indoor. I missed the time and date.

Did anybody get the time?

Thanks

YFlyer wrote: »
    On the Champions League last night Bill mentioned that RTE2 be showing the National Indoor. I missed the time and date.

Did anybody get the time?

Thanks

YFlyer

It's on RTE2 next Monday 8pm-9pm

Number of races up on Ireland Flotrack

http://ireland.flotrack.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just a reminder (as I spotted it just now) Irish Athletics Indoor Championships on RTE2 at the moment, until 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Just a reminder (as I spotted it just now) Irish Athletics Indoor Championships on RTE2 at the moment, until 9pm.

Prob will be on the player for those that missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

rom wrote: »

Prob will be on the player for those that missed it.

Track looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Track looks great indeed. The young guard really are coming through it seems.

Just wish RTE would stop showing Nesterenko and Gatlin in the intro.

Track looks great indeed. The young guard really are coming through it seems.

Just wish RTE would stop showing Nesterenko and Gatlin in the intro.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10111252/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

this was the most important bit
    shauna.jpg
    :)

Great photo Ray, Proud BP Ac man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Mark Carroll coming up on off the ball on newstalk in the next couple of mins regarding Europeans

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Mark Carroll coming up on off the ball on newstalk in the next couple of mins regarding Europeans

Cheers. There was also an interview with Brian Gregan just before it. He sounded confident going into the weekend. He's got a real chance based on his recent form.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Brian Greegan through the first round of the 400m with a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,770 ✭✭✭✭walshb

RTE2 will be showing the euros at 2000 hrs tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

for those of you in on a Saturday night...
    Brendan OConnor has Finnoula Britton and Linda Byrne on his show tonight

PVincent wrote: »
    for those of you in on a Saturday night...
    Brendan OConnor has Finnoula Britton and Linda Byrne on his show tonight
    It was a very good interview. No really stupid question thank god. Good on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

rom wrote: »
    It was a very good interview. No really stupid question thank god. Good on her.

Really?
    FB is a world class athlete and has a beautiful shy manner but she does not interview well! She couldn't wait to get off the stage.

PS - she looked fantastic and cleans up pretty damn well.

• Advertisement

eliwallach wrote: »
    Really?
    FB is a world class athlete and has a beautiful shy manner but she does not interview well! She couldn't wait to get off the stage.

PS - she looked fantastic and cleans up pretty damn well.

I thought it was a good interview from BOC perspective. It was clear she was nervous but she will get better. She reminds me a lot of Sonia in that respect and was probably more nervous about last than she will be at the world XC. the op said Lynda Byrne was supposed to be on also so if she found out that late it could made it a lot more nervous.

She was nervous, so what but I think she came a cross very well.

Advertisement