Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Channel 4 6.40am Sunday morning, Ironman 2012. Feature is last weeks Ironman UK in which Eimear Mullen won ladies race.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ss43

Endurance (the Haile Gebrselassie movie) has jsut started on Film4 +1.

It's on an hour if you only have Film 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Morton games just started on setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Woddle wrote: »
    Morton games just started on setanta

Thanks for that last night, read your post last night so got to see it all. A very good grand prix i thought. Should be more like that here.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

Now'd be a good time for anyone who gets their TV through an aerial to switch to Saorview. Just did it myself last week. The Olympics are going to look good on RTE 2 HD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

First Past the Post 6.40pm BBC Parliament tomorrow (Friday)
    The stories of MPs who have run not just for office but also for Olympic glory.

Stockholm Diamond League, tomorrow (Friday) 7pm BBC Red Button.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Don't think the quality of the interviews will be up to much but some of the GB team on Alan Carr this tonight.
    Guests include Jonathan Ross, Tulisa, Olympians Mo Farah and Louis Smith, and sporting challenges set by Fatima Whitbread OBE.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Diamond League tonight on BBC3 from 1900 hrs. Bolt goes in the 200 metres.

Anyone see Blake's 9.69 seconds last night? Hell of a run, and there's more in the tank. I see him really challenging the 9.58 in the next 6-12 months. The right track, good start, and maybe a tailwind and that record could go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya
    he needs a different gimmick-that beast thing is lame
    the sprints were packed with good jamaicans

• Advertisement

Anyone think that Kirani James can challenge 43.18? I know it's early days and I know he has juts went sub 44 for the first time ever, but at 19 or so, can he expect a lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya i think so
    And maybe bolt if he wants-he ran 45sec at 16 if i recall

M cebee wrote: »
    ya i think so
    And maybe bolt if he wants-he ran 45sec at 16 if i recall

Kirani has a lovely fluid style, and I know 19 is young and that maybe a few years maturing will do it, but MJ always looked physically stronger in his running. Some of these great young athletes are peaking a lot earlier and are not improving all that much in their early to mid 20s. Johnson was almost 32 or so in 1999 when he set the record. I am not sold on it. He could do it!

MJ was 24/25 when he went sub 44! Though he was also competing a fair bit at 200 metres!

Jessica Ennis Golden Girl - 1pm BBC One today

British Olympic Dreams - 1.30pm BBC One today

Birmingham Diamond League tomorrow (Sunday) 2.00pm BBC Two/BBC HD. You'll probably want to get it on some BBC Two channel or use BBC HD as it looks like BBC Two NI are showing GAA half way through!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

G-Money wrote: »
    Jessica Ennis Golden Girl - 1pm BBC One today

British Olympic Dreams - 1.30pm BBC One today

Birmingham Diamond League tomorrow (Sunday) 2.00pm BBC Two/BBC HD. You'll probably want to get it on some BBC Two channel or use BBC HD as it looks like BBC Two NI are showing GAA half way through!
    I'll wave at the telly cameras, so make sure you all wave back. So that you can spot me, I'll be the one doing the Mobot.

Mo Farrah due up now to try and break Steve Ovett's 2 mile record. Channel 143 on Sky, or the beeb on the red button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Beyond limits...Jason Smyth on Setanta Ireland now

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Weltklasse Zurich (Diamond League) being shown on BBC2 and Red Button this Thursday 7pm.
    The 5000m looks stacked. No fewer than 15 x sub13min guys in the field, inc Gebremeskel, Lagat, Rupp, T.Bekele.

wgtomblin wrote: »
    Weltklasse Zurich (Diamond League) being shown on BBC2 and Red Button this Thursday 7pm.
    The 5000m looks stacked. No fewer than 15 x sub13min guys in the field, inc Gebremeskel, Lagat, Rupp, T.Bekele.

Rudisha also goes in the 800m.

It's also being broadcast on BBC HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Bucketing rain! Might impact the times, especially the 800m. What a line-up for the opening event, 400m Hurdles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Bucketing rain! Might impact the times, especially the 800m. What a line-up for the opening event, 400m Hurdles.

http://www.diamondleague-zurich.com/en/Results/Overview/ + 1 hr of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

G-Money wrote: »
    Rudisha also goes in the 800m.

It's also being broadcast on BBC HD.

Rudisha going for another WR here from reports and also could be an American Record attempt in the 5000m either from Rupp or Lagat

Edit: Weather may hamper these

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Rudisha beaten by Aman. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

5000m was a little bit disappointing in the end, but the sprint events were quality. Great 4x100m race at the end. Tyson Gay was pumped up for that one after being DQ'd from the 100m earlier.

A DQ in the Steeplechase which was unusual. The winner had cut the corner into the water jump. A costly error, meaning she lost out on the $40K DL prize money. Ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

Mo Farah on The Cube on ITV+1 now. I saw it on ITV and it's a good show :)

Brussels Diamond League - Friday, 7pm BBC Two and BBC HD. Last Diamond League of the year :(

Merritt just runs a 12.80 110 hurdles!

• Advertisement

BBC One HD/SD Great North Run 9:30am this Sunday.

Advertisement