Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Great North City Games - Tomorrow (Saturday) BBC One/HD 1.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Tubs to make a fool of himself on late late with paralympians presently. Dripping in patronising tone of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

rom wrote: »
    BBC One HD/SD Great North Run 9:30am this Sunday.

Just a reminder: It's on now. Elite women are off.
    Elite men @10:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Superb finish to both the men's and women's races. Really didn't expect Kipsang to pip Kogo over the finish line (who seemed to have it in the bag, until the last 100m).

Eamon Couglan doc on rte 1 now. This Sporting Life. Should be on player tomorrow too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Beat me to it. Some great early footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Superb finish to both the men's and women's races. Really didn't expect Kipsang to pip Kogo over the finish line (who seemed to have it in the bag, until the last 100m).

And a big thank you to the Expat Shield software that let me watch the race via the BBC iPlayer last night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

Piers Morgan's Life Stories
    Friday, 21 September 2012, 9:00PM - 10:00PM on ITV1

Dame Kelly Holmes joins Piers Morgan to reveal the dramatic ups and downs she faced on her journey to winning her historic Olympic Double Gold.

Dame Kelly, who was described by Lord Sebastian Coe as Britain’s greatest ever female athlete, reveals how her path to glory was fraught with injury and heartache

Berlin Marathon - Sunday 7.45am Eurosport/HD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Will record this as be out running myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Hope the coverage is better than last year, was very very poor.

Can't be as bad as Paris when they interviewed a dog that did the 10K 5 mins from the end of the men's finish and showed about 15 mins of the race in total with the rest interviews with mass participation and the 'panel' joking. great north run coverage the other week was very good. perfectly balanced.

Eurosport and Eurosport HD have live coverage of the ING New York Marathon from 2:30pm Sunday. There will also be a highlights show at 9pm that night on same channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Eurosport and Eurosport HD have live coverage of the ING New York Marathon from 2:30pm Sunday. There will also be a highlights show at 9pm that night on same channels.

I wonder how many of the big names have made it to NY ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

No listing for this on Eurosport UK channels 410 & 411 Sky (is that the same as Eurosport?) :(

eliwallach wrote: »

No listing for this on Eurosport UK channels 410 & 411 Sky (is that the same as Eurosport?) :(
    Race canceled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Race canceled :(

Oh.....
    I'm well behind the times.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Highlights of UTMB on Sunday at 7.35am on C4.

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=29143

2012 SPAR European Cross Country Championships take place this Sunday, the 9th of December in Budapest, Hungary.
    The event will be covered live on RTE2 from 12-2pm on Sunday, 9th of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kirui

2012 SPAR European Cross Country Championships take place this Sunday, the 9th of December in Budapest, Hungary.

There is also a live stream available on the European athletics website.

• Advertisement

It's also live on BBC Two from 12pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

My sister just told me he's off to Budapest in the morning. Told her to go to the race. Fingers crossed that Fionnuala can retain her title!!!!!
    I'll be watching the race on Sunday.

Great Ethiopian run 7.10am C4 Sunday morning, Beirut Marathon 4.15pm Sunday Eurosport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

micar wrote: »
    My sister just told me he's off to Budapest in the morning.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

blockic wrote: »
    :D

Got a text earlier from her bf. They were are the race :). I suppose it made their few days away. I suppose they are in some Irish bar celebrating.
    I actually missed it as I out on the bike. Thought it was on around 1 but got the times very wrong. :mad: Turned on the TV when I came it and the national anthem was being played for the team prize. Watched the race back online from the European athletics website.
    Wonderful to see the Irish girls celebrating when then realized they won team gold medal.
    Fantastic result for Fionnula and the rest of the team :):):)
    I've seen Fionnula running around where I live a few times recently.

No Earthly King Tuesday, 10.30pm Setanta Ireland (Freeview).
    Documentary examining Irish participation in the Olympics in the early part of the 20th century

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

tang1 wrote: »
    Great Ethiopian run 7.10am C4 Sunday morning,

Great programme I thought, not much coverage of the actual 10k but interesting to see how much a part of life running is over there.

For those who have Sky, 7.30pm Thursday evening. Commonwealth Championships channel 281 Active Channel, its a repeat but features UTMB 5 time ladies winner Lizzy Hawker & Canadian Ultra runner Jason Loutitt, well worth a look.

micar wrote: »
    Watched the race back online from the European athletics website.
    Got a link to that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Got a link to that ?

+1
    Also looking for a link to watch it back as I completely forgot about it yesterday until I'd seen the result on my phone.

Edit:- Just found it after digging around a bit.
    Must watch it when I get home this evening.

Advertisement