Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Something wrong when a small outlet near Duncannon can sell petrol for 126 and an outlet in New Ross with huge turnover is charging 132 .

Funny how the filling station with the largest turnover in Enniscorthy carries on the same way,gets lots of business and price gouges.

VincePP wrote: »
    I used to be involved in the petroleum industry.

I had charts that showed increases and decreases at the pumps took the same amount of time.
    Consumer group did research and found the same thing

Oil price changes take 10-14 days to filter through.
    Currency changes take 2-5 days to come through as fuel is boughtbin dollars and currency rates are set at point of unloading at port.

The other factor is seasonality - about 35% of oil cam be refined into petrol easily. Similar percentage can be refined into diesel.

When demand exceeds this cost of refining goes up - petrol is in higher demand in summer, diesel is in higher demand in winter.

Currently oil costs about 25c a litre, refining costs 8-12c, distribution costs are 5-6c, retailer costs are 4-7c. Vat and duty is everything else.

Distribution and retail costs don't change. Nor does duty. Refining costs can change a couple of cent here and there.

Cost of raw material is the one thing that changes and the vat on that.

If oil was $1, pump prices would be 95c for diesel and about €1.05 for petrol.

A cup of coffee at 2.50 has a bigger profit than €40 of fuel.

I know that the profits on fuel are minimal but when all the stations in the same town charge roughly the same price and anyone who dares charge less is suddenly brought back into line makes people wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

zerks wrote: »
    I know that the profits on fuel are minimal but when all the stations in the same town charge roughly the same price and anyone who dares charge less is suddenly brought back into line makes people wonder.

How minimal can the margins be when maxol are charging 131 and Adamstown are charging 125 for petrol? Assuming neither outlets are selling at a loss Frayne is on a fcukin beano, those 6 cents don't be long adding up.

jca wrote: »
    How minimal can the margins be when maxol are charging 131 and Adamstown are charging 125 for petrol? Assuming neither outlets are selling at a loss Frayne is on a fcukin beano, those 6 cents don't be long adding up.

There's 2 filling stations that sell just fuel in the town,they make shag all on it.The fella who is coining it is the one who whinges when prices don't match his.I only buy fuel there when I'm stuck and usually just enough to get me to where I'm going as I know I'll get it cheaper near my destination or along the way.
    I saw a Maxol in Waterford the other day and it was 6c a litre cheaper than him.I await his objection to the new retail area and filling station that is planned just out the road from him.

110.9 for diesel in Tesco,Wexford. 117.9 in Enniscorthy.

• Advertisement

112.9 for diesel @ Tesco Wexford.

121.9 @ Donohoes Enniscorthy............Watch the other garages around the town raise prices to match it.:rolleyes:

Just spotted Pat Martins in Tomnalosset 120.9:eek: Fcuken robbers were expecting a hike in the budget me thinks:mad:
    It'll go back down tomorrow......... yea right!!

Just spotted Pat Martins in Tomnalosset 120.9:eek: Fcuken robbers were expecting a hike in the budget me thinks:mad:
    It'll go back down tomorrow......... yea right!!

Wholesale prices went up by 6c according to a poster in Motors,it's being passed onto us but as usual the local places will add on even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

It seems Putin is to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

There's 2 filling stations that sell just fuel in the town,they make shag all on it.The fella who is coining it is the one who whinges when prices don't match his.I only buy fuel there when I'm stuck and usually just enough to get me to where I'm going as I know I'll get it cheaper near my destination or along the way.
    I saw a Maxol in Waterford the other day and it was 6c a litre cheaper than him.I await his objection to the new retail area and filling station that is planned just out the road from him.

Maxol own the station and they can't object on grounds of competition alone

• Advertisement

paulaa wrote: »
    Maxol own the station and they can't object on grounds of competition alone

Too late anyway,planning is approved afaik.

What's the hold up with the Gorey services does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Yes it is, a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Petrol in Applegreen Gorey went from 1.26 on Tuesday to 1.27 yesterday to 1.29 today. I know it's a busy station but to sell a tanker full in 24 hrs is good going.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

What's the hold up with the Gorey services does anyone know?

It's all in court over the awarding of the tender to run it between applegreen and topaz

117.9 for diesel @ Applegreen Drumgoold Enniscorthy.

126.9 for diesel with Maxol in Bellfield.134.9 for petrol. He put prices up late on Christmas Eve.

120.8 for diesel in Ferns.

Gone up by another cent per litre in Maxol,Enniscorthy.127.9 Diesel and 135.9 Petrol.

126.9 for diesel with Maxol in Bellfield.134.9 for petrol. He put prices up late on Christmas Eve.

120.8 for diesel in Ferns.

122 in Ferns last night I can't remember what the petrol was, I never buy the slop there.

122.9 and 132.9 in Bunclody.

• Advertisement

Bunclody is still 5c a litre cheaper than Enniscorthy. All filling stations are still at 122.9 for diesel and 132.9 for petrol.

123.9 diesel and 133.9 petrol @ Wexford Filling Station near Clonard.Boggans is 1c dearer for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

123.9 diesel and 133.9 petrol @ Wexford Filling Station near Clonard.Boggans is 1c dearer for both.

Rocklands, Petrol, 138.9 :eek:
    Maxol Wex Town, Petrol 133.9
    Applegreen, Rosslare Road, Petrol 133.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Texaco Bunclody

Diesel 121.9
    Petrol 132.9

jordata wrote: »
    Texaco Bunclody

Diesel 121.9
    Petrol 132.9

That's very good, are prices falling again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Don't know jca if they are falling but generally prices in Bunclody are at least 5c lower than Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

jordata wrote: »
    Don't know jca if they are falling but generally prices in Bunclody are at least 5c lower than Enniscorthy.

132.9 for petrol would also be 5c lower than New Ross which is generally 137.9 at the moment

132.9 for petrol would also be 5c lower than New Ross which is generally 137.9 at the moment

Same as Enniscorthy between 137.9 and 139.9. Anyone know how much it is in Ferns/Camolin as I'm travelling that way tomorrow.

119.9 for diesel on Island road Enniscorthy.

Saw in motors forum it's 115.9 in Ballina.I know it's a long way to travel for a drop of fuel but it shows the price disparity around the country.The 2 dearest in Enniscorthy are 122.9c per litre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭ezra_

For petrol:
    128.9 in the self serve maxol in town.

129.9 in the Applegreen on the Rosslare road if you don't want to use the prepay machines.

Advertisement