Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

vicwatson wrote: »
    A mate of mine not on boards tells me Applegreen in Dringah is shut. Lights out and no one at home, anyone know what the story is? Maybe it's a power cut or something?
    The power went around this area yesterday for a couple of hours. Roughly from around 12. Mac Donalds was closed too as they did not have their own Back up Generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Seems to be dropping again 126.8 outside New Ross today for unleaded

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Got diesel on Island Rd. Enniscorthy for 1.16. Petrol is 128.9 Probably about 4 or 5c a litre cheaper in some stations in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

zerks wrote: »
    Got diesel on Island Rd. Enniscorthy for 1.16. Petrol is 128.9 Probably about 4 or 5c a litre cheaper in some stations in Wexford.

124.9 for petrol in Applegreen on Newtown Road, 125.9 in Boggans, 127.9 in Applegreen Gorey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Marhay70 wrote: »
    124.9 for petrol in Applegreen on Newtown Road, 125.9 in Boggans, 127.9 in Applegreen Gorey.

Probably 120 in Waterford so...

• Advertisement

Not a drop of diesel to be got in Enniscorthy this evening,the only place open is sold out......Even if it's 7c a litre dearer than 10 mins up the road.

seems to have increased by 2c at the weekend

Diesel has crept up slightly but petrol seems to have dropped I got petrol for 119.9 in Texaco in Bunclody.

jca wrote: »
    Diesel has crept up slightly but petrol seems to have dropped I got petrol for 119.9 in Texaco in Bunclody.

99c for diesel in Caim,Camolin and Castlebridge,the cheapest in Enniscorthy is 106.9

Petrol is 122.9

The price matching/cartel is still going strong-a little bird told me a certain garage owner drives past the other places to see what they are charging and has been known to complain if they set prices too low compared to his.

99c for diesel in Caim,Camolin and Castlebridge,the cheapest in Enniscorthy is 106.9

Petrol is 122.9

The price matching/cartel is still going strong-a little bird told me a certain garage owner drives past the other places to see what they are charging and has been known to complain if they set prices too low compared to his.

How much was petrol in Caim can you remember? Newline are 102.9 for diesel.

• Advertisement

The big 99c for diesel sign in Castlebridge is covered over partially,gone up to 102.9 now.

106.9 in Enniscorthy for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

103.9 for diesel in Boggans beside the hospital in Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

100.9 diesel, 121.8 petrol in Applegreen Ferns (last Thursday)

Petrol gone up 3c/litre in Gorey this week. Typical, first whiff of an increase in oil prices and fuel goes up straight away, yet even at their lowest level over the last while they were still at least 10c/litre higher than they could have been, vis a vis the price of oil and still we had to wait weeks for any drop.

Petrol gone up 3c/litre in Gorey this week. Typical, first whiff of an increase in oil prices and fuel goes up straight away, yet even at their lowest level over the last while they were still at least 10c/litre higher than they could have been, vis a vis the price of oil and still we had to wait weeks for any drop.

Enniscorthy the same,3 rises in 3 days in Bellfield.109.9c for diesel. 125.9 for petrol.

Enniscorthy the same,3 rises in 3 days in Bellfield.109.9c for diesel. 125.9 for petrol.

Madness I got petrol there on Thursday for 123.9 he certainly knows how to charge. I see the new owners in Jimmy Gahans are very competitive, makes a pleasant change.

Madness I got petrol there on Thursday for 123.9 he certainly knows how to charge. I see the new owners in Jimmy Gahans are very competitive, makes a pleasant change.

He can be spotted driving by all the other stations in town and checking their prices,anything for an extra few cent the poor divil.
    When Gahans re-opened,he price matched them for a few days.

He can be spotted driving by all the other stations in town and checking their prices,anything for an extra few cent the poor divil.
    When Gahans re-opened,he price matched them for a few days.

I spoke too soon. The new owner of Gahans has joined the cartel, he's charging the same as all the others now.

122.8 for petrol and 109.8 for diesel yesterday in Wexford.

126.9 and 111.9 in Enniscorthy.

Oil is down, dollar is down but still fuel in Gorey goes up, the only exception being the ESSO garage on the old Arklow Road beyond the railway bridge which has dropped to 121.9 for petrol and 104.9 for diesel.

• Advertisement

I see petrol 120.9 in Bunclody cheapest in the whole county I'd imagine.

Oil is down, dollar is down but still fuel in Gorey goes up, the only exception being the ESSO garage on the old Arklow Road beyond the railway bridge which has dropped to 121.9 for petrol and 104.9 for diesel.

128.9 and 112.9 for petrol and diesel in Enniscorthy,creeping up bit by bit.

Esso garage on the old Arklow road in Gorey closed at the weekend for renovations, could be closed for months. That leaves Applegreen as the cheapest at 125.9 for petrol and 110.9 for diesel. It also removes any competition in the town as the only competition was between Applegreen and that Esso, the other Esso and Maxol opposite Lidl have always been top price, Doyle's on the Carnew Road is too far away.

Ah Jaysus Enniscorthy is getting ridiculous Frayne in Mace has treated himself to another 2c on petrol making him the leader of the pack at 130.9. I got maxol petrol in Camolin for 122.9 on Thursday. Texaco in Bunclody is still at 120.9, not funny at this stage. They'll all be 130.9 by close of business on Monday.
    I was talking to a guy earlier who drove from Kerry to Waterford and he saw petrol in south tipp for 119.9!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Ah Jaysus Enniscorthy is getting ridiculous Frayne in Mace has treated himself to another 2c on petrol making him the leader of the pack at 130.9. I got maxol petrol in Camolin for 122.9 on Thursday. Texaco in Bunclody is still at 120.9, not funny at this stage. They'll all be 130.9 by close of business on Monday.
    I was talking to a guy earlier who drove from Kerry to Waterford and he saw petrol in south tipp for 119.9!!

Best is to avoid these places ,wish people would , im sure some people dont ever look at at the price just because its there local garage and its handy, but with abit of planning ahead you could fill else were,when your in wexford ,camolin, ferns next, now someone will say but i dont go out if enniscorthy much ,then sell the car and walk!
    This is the ony way these petrol stations will change if customers stop using them.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Best is to avoid these places ,wish people would , im sure some people dont ever look at at the price just because its there local garage and its handy, but with abit of planning ahead you could fill else were,when your in wexford ,camolin, ferns next, now someone will say but i dont go out if enniscorthy much ,then sell the car and walk!
    This is the ony way these petrol stations will change if customers stop using them.

The problem with Enniscorthy is they all charge around the same price give or take a cent.The owners of these stations kicked up when they were accused of running a Cartel in the town but it is hard to think otherwise when the owner of one is seen driving past all the others to check the prices and ringing to complain if they are more than 2c cheaper than him.
    I drove past Maxol yesterday and got my fuel while in Wexford.It was 107.8 for diesel.
    A quick look on pumps.ie shows how much Maxol is ripping people off.

Am still paying 114.9 for petrol in Tramore - down there every 2 weeks .

Its 124 9 in Waterford and same price 124.9 in New Ross

The problem with Enniscorthy is they all charge around the same price give or take a cent.The owners of these stations kicked up when they were accused of running a Cartel in the town but it is hard to think otherwise when the owner of one is seen driving past all the others to check the prices and ringing to complain if they are more than 2c cheaper than him.
    I drove past Maxol yesterday and got my fuel while in Wexford.It was 107.8 for diesel.
    A quick look on pumps.ie shows how much Maxol is ripping people off.

The thing is, is that the 122.9 I got petrol for in Camolin is a maxol garage. The one on trinity st in wexford which is cheap too is also maxol. It's just greedy owners imo.

The thing is, is that the 122.9 I got petrol for in Camolin is a maxol garage. The one on trinity st in wexford which is cheap too is also maxol. It's just greedy owners imo.

By Maxol,I meant the one in Bellfield.It is always the most expensive around despite making a fortune from the shop and deli.

• Advertisement

By Maxol,I meant the one in Bellfield.It is always the most expensive around despite making a fortune from the shop and deli.

Sorry I thought you meant the brand. Sure you know yourself with these greasy till merchants, enough is never enough. He has to claw back the money he paid out for selling water instead of diesel over Christmas.

Advertisement