Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Petrol is 123.9 at Rackards ,Caim and diesel is 109.9.

Why is Enniscorthy (Bellfield looked like it was 1.30 today )so dear especially when they would get more customers ?

Is there really a cartel ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Petrol is 123.9 at Rackards ,Caim and diesel is 109.9.

Why is Enniscorthy (Bellfield looked like it was 1.30 today )so dear especially when they would get more customers ?

Is there really a cartel ?

More a bully dictating the price. 130.9 is fcuking ridiculous. I wonder would sending an email to maxol Ireland do anything? John Browne tried to expose what was going on a few years ago but he was shot down very quickly and as a kind of two fingers gesture the same culprit drove the prices through the roof. I was driving diesel at the time and didn't buy diesel in Enniscorthy for a number of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭ninja 12

jca wrote: »
    More a bully dictating the price.

So why do the others follow / listen ?

If I had a business and someone else in the same line of work told me what to charge , they would be quickly told where to go .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No real reason for it to be increasing in price unless profiteering is going on

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36070255

I see Ronan Furlong (Top oil) on the island road is 130 now...

• Advertisement

ninja 12 wrote: »
    So why do the others follow / listen ?

If I had a business and someone else in the same line of work told me what to charge , they would be quickly told where to go .

Will you move to Enniscorthy open a petrol station and charge a fair price? You'll clean up. I know a guy who used to sell fuel before Frayne bought Mace. He was well below everyone with his prices much to the annoyance of a certain crack reporter who regularly approached him demanding him to drop his prices. He told him to jog on... The same crack reporter actually rang his supplier wanting them to pressurise him into raising his prices. Charming man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jca wrote: »
    I see Ronan Furlong (Top oil) on the island road is 130 now...

And these fellas claim they aren't price fixing.......Yeah right.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Two increases in two days in Applegreen Gorey, they're up there with the rest of them now. I'm glad I get the opportunity to fill my tank in Dublin at 6c/litre less.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mate tells me Maxol Trin St is 122.9 unleaded

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

121.9 unleaded Tescos wexford.

• Advertisement

I see a Leaf charging on the public charger in Vinnies car park.... Lucky bugger doesn't have to endure the Enniscorthy fuel prices. Although I've noticed Donohoes stuck to 127.9 and Gahans are still on 126.9. Frayne won't like that.

98.9C for diesel and petrol isn't much more in Bunclody for today only.AFAIK the garage on Carrigduff has re-opened under Maxol branding and are doing a promo.

125.9 Petrol and 110.9 Diesel @ Drinagh,Wexford.

109.9 for diesel in Ferns.

Cheapest I saw in Enniscorthy is 113.9 diesel and 129.9 for petrol.

108.9 for Diesel @ Tesco Wexford, 115.9 in Maxol Enniscorthy.

113.8 Diesel and 128.8 Petrol in Wexford Filling Station (near Quality Hotel)

Mace at Bellfield increased prices twice in the space of a day. 118.9 Diesel and 133.9 Petrol.

zerks wrote: »
    113.8 Diesel and 128.8 Petrol in Wexford Filling Station (near Quality Hotel)

Mace at Bellfield increased prices twice in the space of a day. 118.9 Diesel and 133.9 Petrol.

I saw that today. Petrol is still 126.9 in Texaco Bunclody which is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

Going to Rosslare tomorrow. Where's the cheapest fuel on the N11/N25? Thanks

126.9 Petrol and 112.9 Diesel in Tesco Wexford.

Oil prices have dropped today.Let us wait for the drop at the pumps............I won't hold my breath.

126.9 Petrol and 112.9 Diesel in Tesco Wexford.

Oil prices have dropped today.Let us wait for the drop at the pumps............I won't hold my breath.

It makes a complete lie of the c*ap spouted by the oil companies about "forward buying". This was the excuse the oil companies used when prices at the pumps were slow to decrease. Have they suddenly switched to buying their national supply on a weekly or even twice weekly basis?
    Bring back maximum prices as the "free" market has not delivered on competition, rather it has created cartels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I know its Co Waterford but I paid 120.9 for petrol in Tramore yesterday .

That would be 10c a litre cheaper than anywhere I know of in my local area New Ross

• Advertisement

I know its Co Waterford but I paid 120.9 for petrol in Tramore yesterday .

That would be 10c a litre cheaper than anywhere I know of in my local area New Ross

It was 116.9 about 10 days ago there.

It's 119.9 for diesel @ Donohoe's in Enniscorthy and 132.9 for petrol.Shows the contrast in prices.

129.9 and 113.9 for petrol and diesel in Bunclody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Its 126.9 in Tralee for petrol,I know it's the Wexford forum,just saying

129.9 and 113.9 for petrol and diesel in Bunclody.

Should have gone a bit further up the hill in Bunclody 128.9 in Campus. 127.9 in Texaco Ballon.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Should have gone a bit further up the hill in Bunclody 128.9 in Campus. 127.9 in Texaco Ballon.

I forgot to post that.:o

114.9 for diesel in Tesco Wexford.

Virtually every other petrol station in the region about 5c a litre cheaper than Enniscorthy.
    Price of oil is falling again,down to $43 a barrell and falling but we never see it at the pumps,by the time they drop prices the value of oil has risen and they put the price up again.:rolleyes:

Virtually every other petrol station in the region about 5c a litre cheaper than Enniscorthy.
    Price of oil is falling again,down to $43 a barrell and falling but we never see it at the pumps,by the time they drop prices the value of oil has risen and they put the price up again.:rolleyes:

Exactly. The only station making any effort to pass on price drops are the new people in Jimmy Gahans. They were 128.9 for petrol, saying that, petrol is 125.9 in Adamstown which is 6c cheaper than Mace....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

jca wrote:
    Exactly. The only station making any effort to pass on price drops are the new people in Jimmy Gahans. They were 128.9 for petrol, saying that, petrol is 125.9 in Adamstown which is 6c cheaper than Mace....

Something wrong when a small outlet near Duncannon can sell petrol for 126 and an outlet in New Ross with huge turnover is charging 132 .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

I used to be involved in the petroleum industry.

I had charts that showed increases and decreases at the pumps took the same amount of time.
    Consumer group did research and found the same thing

Oil price changes take 10-14 days to filter through.
    Currency changes take 2-5 days to come through as fuel is boughtbin dollars and currency rates are set at point of unloading at port.

The other factor is seasonality - about 35% of oil cam be refined into petrol easily. Similar percentage can be refined into diesel.

When demand exceeds this cost of refining goes up - petrol is in higher demand in summer, diesel is in higher demand in winter.

Currently oil costs about 25c a litre, refining costs 8-12c, distribution costs are 5-6c, retailer costs are 4-7c. Vat and duty is everything else.

Distribution and retail costs don't change. Nor does duty. Refining costs can change a couple of cent here and there.

Cost of raw material is the one thing that changes and the vat on that.

If oil was $1, pump prices would be 95c for diesel and about €1.05 for petrol.

A cup of coffee at 2.50 has a bigger profit than €40 of fuel.

Advertisement