Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Back To My Best

Options
1484950515254»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Yep months and months just pass with no improvement, tis a right kick in the balls.

I wouldnt expect anything less from yourself and TRR :P

No recollection of that :D I gave him Birmingham diamond league tickets for nothing last summer, i think we're pretty even. I'll get him back next time

Feck robin. You and your brother owe myself and shels a few pints. You can sort us out in October :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

TRR wrote: »
    Feck robin. You and your brother owe myself and shels a few pints. You can sort us out in October :)

Grand, remind me then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Grand, remind me then :D

Oh I will. If I remember correctly you were quick in to sting me in Berlin you bastard, for a bet that should have been called quits by the way;)

TRR wrote: »
    Oh I will. If I remember correctly you were quick in to sting me in Berlin you bastard, for a bet that should have been called quits by the way;)

Not my fault you weren't capable of going sub 55'50 ;) That was one of the few bets i've actually won, let me have my moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Good to see you back on the mend. I hope this means Moscow is on the agenda now.

Stay well clear of marathons when you return.

• Advertisement

Tis been a while I should probably update

The last 18 months has seen steady but painfully slow progress. I am doing some form of exercise 3-4 times a week. It usually consists of circuits/rowing in the gym, cycling outdoors as well as on the turbo/gym bike and jogging.

I can push to a good level on the cycling and rowing and I was hitting 30km/ph ish for an hour cycle over the summer. Rowing I have to say is tougher than any 5k road race!!!

Jogging on the other hand has been a grind. I ran my first mile in 2 years in June and am now up to 2 mls done 5 times without an effect the next day. Pace is usually 9'30 ish. This will be stepped up to 2.5mls/3 mls over the next month or 2.

I feel like the old me will return at some point. I don't care if it takes another 2-3 years i'm not gonna rush it, how long is impossible to say. Do I even want to get back to competitive running? Will the thought of a fatigue relapse stop me from training properly again? Why do I want to go back doing something that ruined my health?

I am 95% over the chronic fatigue/parasympathetic overtraining syndrome which is the important bit and I can live a normal life again. The 6 months from September 2012 - March 2013 were a horror story I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. To think it happened from running is a bit disturbing.

Will try and update a bit more than once a year going forward. Happy christmas all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Do I even want to get back to competitive running?

I didn't think you ever did ;)

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Good to see you on the mend. Perhaps you could become a 100m runner/ Long Jumper. Less need for the tough endurance work, which could work well, and still keep you involved in the participative side of the sport.

You may have to come out of 400m retirement though when I get under your PB. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

Great to see you on the mend Brian :)

Advertisement