Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - July 2010

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Sunny YAY! Temp is 15c and dropping little wind aswell, which is good for tonight as we are getting 3c! OMG YAY! I can't miss that!:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I'm frozen cold in Lucan at the moment. If I had heating I could just switch on for an hour I would - but I can't light a fire in July.

Car says 13C, but I feel colder.

10.5c now and dropping .1c every 2 mins and with little wind it should stay like this hopefully all night! Wonder how low i'll get.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

owenc wrote: »
    10.5c now and dropping .1c every 2 mins and with little wind it should stay like this hopefully all night! Wonder how low i'll get.

I see 3c at Castlederg at 0600....middle of July....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

10.3c broken cloud,was very foggy earlier but lifting fast.

• Advertisement

Got down to 2c here at 5am which nuts for the end of July, it's back upto 13c already between 6 and 7. The temp rose 4c!!

Around 17c here now imagine jumping from 2c to 17c in six hours! Thats nuts.. its a pity it didn't do that in the winter and then we'd have -20c mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

owenc wrote: »
    Got down to 2c here at 5am which nuts for the end of July, it's back upto 13c already between 6 and 7. The temp rose 4c!!

What type of weather station do you have owen?

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    What type of weather station do you have owen?

Get lost i'm not lying you seen that castlederg goto 2c so obviously i can get to it, and eglinton is 17c now aswell as you can see... i'm not bloody lying!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

16c here and pretty sunny.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Overcast with occasional instance of sunshine
    17 degrees
    1017 hpa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Not a bad old day out, calm, partly cloudy with sunny breaks, 18.1c but i fear the rain isn't far away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Grey, gloomy & 17.5C with not even a hint of sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Issued by The National Weather Service
    Lincoln, IL
    3:23 am CDT, Fri., Jul. 23, 2010

... HEAT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT SATURDAY...

THE HEAT ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT SATURDAY.

* TEMPERATURE... AFTERNOON HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL CLIMB INTO THE MIDDLE TO UPPER 90S TODAY AND SATURDAY. THIS WILL COMBINE WITH HIGH LEVELS OF HUMIDITY TO PRODUCE HEAT INDEX VALUES WELL OVER 100 DEGREES DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING. OVERNIGHT LOW TEMPERATURES IN THE MIDDLE TO UPPER 70S WILL OFFER LITTLE RELIEF TONIGHT.

* IMPACTS... HEAT INDEX READINGS OVER 100 DEGREES CAN CAUSE AN INCREASED RISK OF HEAT EXHAUSTION OR HEAT STROKE FOR PEOPLE SPENDING ANY TIME OUTDOORS. THE HEAT IS ESPECIALLY DANGEROUS FOR CHILDREN... THE ELDERLY... OR THOSE WITH MEDICAL CONDITIONS. LEAVING A CHILD OR PET IN AN ENCLOSED VEHICLE DURING THESE HOT CONDITIONS CAN BE DEADLY.

:/

:P
    Ruu wrote: »
    Issued by The National Weather Service
    Lincoln, IL
    3:23 am CDT, Fri., Jul. 23, 2010

... HEAT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT SATURDAY...

THE HEAT ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT SATURDAY.

* TEMPERATURE... AFTERNOON HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL CLIMB INTO THE MIDDLE TO UPPER 90S TODAY AND SATURDAY. THIS WILL COMBINE WITH HIGH LEVELS OF HUMIDITY TO PRODUCE HEAT INDEX VALUES WELL OVER 100 DEGREES DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING. OVERNIGHT LOW TEMPERATURES IN THE MIDDLE TO UPPER 70S WILL OFFER LITTLE RELIEF TONIGHT.

* IMPACTS... HEAT INDEX READINGS OVER 100 DEGREES CAN CAUSE AN INCREASED RISK OF HEAT EXHAUSTION OR HEAT STROKE FOR PEOPLE SPENDING ANY TIME OUTDOORS. THE HEAT IS ESPECIALLY DANGEROUS FOR CHILDREN... THE ELDERLY... OR THOSE WITH MEDICAL CONDITIONS. LEAVING A CHILD OR PET IN AN ENCLOSED VEHICLE DURING THESE HOT CONDITIONS CAN BE DEADLY.

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Got down to 7.8c in shamtown this morn' just before 6. Mostly cloudy with some peeks of watery sunshine now. Feeling mild and close.

Got down to 7.8c in shamtown this morn' just before 6. Mostly cloudy with some peeks of watery sunshine now. Feeling mild and close.

Getting the odd sliver of blue peeking through the general gloom here as well. Temp now up to 19C

Fionagus wrote: »
    Getting the odd sliver of blue peeking through the general gloom here as well. Temp now up to 19C

Get back to your thesis never mind looking up at the sky! :p How is it going for you? This time last year I was up in a hape with it. I remember waking up screaming on many occasions. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

overcast here all day , cool

Get back to your thesis never mind looking up at the sky! :p How is it going for you? This time last year I was up in a hape with it. I remember waking up screaming on many occasions. :o

Getting feck all done since they moved me to a new office overlooking the river;) As for the sleepless nights, this has been a great help
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sleepmaker-storms-free/id319376811?mt=8 - v. soothing!! :D

• Advertisement

Fionagus wrote: »
    Getting feck all done since they moved me to a new office overlooking the river;) As for the sleepless nights, this has been a great help
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sleepmaker-storms-free/id319376811?mt=8 - v. soothing!! :D

Nice one! As nice as the views are though from the 3rd and 4th floors, they are still no match for the coffee at Smokey Joes! ;):D

Nice one! As nice as the views are though from the 3rd and 4th floors, they are still no match for the coffee at Smokey Joes! ;):D

Or the pitchers and pizza in the bar on Fridays!! - roll on 5 o'clock :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A very warm 19c here with plenty of sunshine.:)

Still quite overcast, 18.2C with a strong SE'ly breeze.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Raining here,14 deg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cloudy and dry in Castlebar all day and still dry.Mild.

Dry but very dull, I'd say rain is not too far off. 15.2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

14.2c feels heavy very light drizzle.
    last night was freezing,had to put heating on for an hour to take the chill out of the house.

Rain, grey skies, 16.C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thought the weekend was suppossed to be nice here, gloomy here 15.2c, no sign of the sun!

Advertisement