Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

:DI LOVE SMALLVILLE!!!!!!:D

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭pah

how about a memory wipe kiss ala supes II?

lois shouldn't really know about clark :mad:

pah wrote: »
    how about a memory wipe kiss ala supes II?

lois shouldn't really know about clark :mad:

She knows about him in the comics so I don't see why she shouldn't know about him in Smallville.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Stark

And she knows about him in "Lois and Clark" which is the true source of canon.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Stark wrote: »
    And she knows about him in "Lois and Clark" which is the true source of canon.

True but she didnt know who He was when "Superman" first appears in Metropolis.... Hence the whole love triangle that was always there between Lois, Clark and Superman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Season has been pretty brutal, worst thus far. 80 percent filler in all honesty. If you want to see a well done filler episode, check out Supernatural because the Smallville writers are unable to make filler episodes without ripping off movies or just making total mozzarella cheese episodes.

I will be kind of relieved to see it end tbh. I've stuck with it all this time like a bad marriage that I both love and hate at the same time. At least if they end the show right I will be happy enough. And by end the show right, I mean some sort of epic speech from Lex about how they will always be enemies, half decent fight with Darkseid, suit, flying and lots of this.

If it ends with some soppy Lois and Clark bs it will be facepalm of the highest order. I don't even mind if he's in the suit for 2 seconds, flies away and credits roll, I just want to see it. I don't ask for much.

Tried uploading John Williams theme there, but can't embed properly sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

True but she didnt know who He was when "Superman" first appears in Metropolis.... Hence the whole love triangle that was always there between Lois, Clark and Superman

That is true but she found out in the end because that is how their relationship developed, the triangle couldnt last forever.

Also, in the original comics they had 70 years to develop that triangle and they actually made a fair old hash of it for a long time, it was only after they rebooted the entire DC universe they got the triangle right, once they had Clark told Lois the truth and they got married.

Smallville only had the 6 years Lois was in the show to work out their relationship and to stay true to the characters. To be honest I always find it hard to believe that Lois could not figure out the truth anyway, it really made no sense that "investigative reporter Lois Lane" could not figure that one out. I was never fond of "Lois and Clark" but one episode where Tempest came into it and ripped into Lois for being "galactically stupid" had me in stitches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Well we're all hoping that its a decent part of the Finale but knowing Smallville it will probably be the final scene, Clark stepping out onto rooftop in the suit and flying off into the distance........ end credits!!

I really hope thats not the case though!!!!

I firmly belive yer bang on the money here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I firmly belive yer bang on the money here!

Lets hope I'm wrong..... In the trailer for the Finale it shows....
    Jonathon handing clark the suit in what appears to be a very chaotic scene with alot going on around them so hopefully it will be about half way through the episode and mid action.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭pah

The price of the cinema ticket for Superman Returns was worth it for the opening credits.

While I enjoyed the movie overall it was such a wasted opportunity.

This was awesomeness though

Hopefully the next one will do the character justice.

Well...this is it, hours to go, will you be watching Boardsies?

Well...this is it, hours to go, will you be watching Boardsies?

Unfortunately I won't get to see it until tomorrow so I wll have to disappear from this site, and the Internet in general probably until then. I haven't watched trailers, read any spoilers or tried to get a heads up in anyway about what is giving to happen beyond the speculation.

I have the evening all planned though, it involves sending the kids to bed early, taking the phone off the hook, beer, maybe a sambucha or two and a Chinese take away. Of course what this normally means is that I fall asleep on the couch and miss everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I'll be setting the alarm to start the download. Probably will watch it first thing then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Anyone know what time it's starting at in Irish time, I know the CW lists it as 8/7c so would that put it at 1am?

don't expect it until 3.10am, it's a two parter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

DeWitt wrote: »
    Anyone know what time it's starting at in Irish time, I know the CW lists it as 8/7c so would that put it at 1am?

yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Guess i'll be watching "Community" till 3am. Tom Wellings in The Fog on tv3 which is apparently rather ****e and should not be mistaken for the amazing "The Mist". :D

It's on now. I was expecting the 'Previously on Smallville' to be more epic. I've seen fan versions 100x better than that.

• Advertisement

Great Ceasars Ghost!!

Class act Smallville. Great ep, now why couldn't they have done that all season long? Really wish we had a full close up shot of Tom in the suit, but what we got was better than nothing.
    Nice Cameo there at the end too, twas kept very quiet.
    I was a bit lost going into it, haven't followed much of the last two seasons just eps here & there. Never knew Lional was back, and Chloe & Ollie got married? Weird.

Tom Welling was on the ball when he said you could sum up the finale with one word : Bittersweet.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I COVERED MY EYES!!!!!!!!...DeWitt....how the hell are you seeing it?....it's not even on the net yet, are you in the US???

Jaysus....give us a chance [NOT READING FINALE SPOILERS] la la la la.....

Livestreaming.

It's taking an eternity to download:(

Well at least we saw him in the suit, and I got the epic Lex speech I wanted about them always being enemies, and the music. But where was the fight with Darkseid? O well, thank you Smallville and farewell old chum.

WOO HOO!!!!!!...YAY!, Superman!, yippee!!!

Man, i had the BIGGEST grin/smile on my face at the end...that was what i was hoping for, on the roof, original music, the suit....off with the shirt!....it's

SUPERMAN!

vlcsnap14065133.png

Awesome, so pleased they didn't let us down, i'm like that giddy 9 year old that saw Superman The Movie all over again!!
    I actually had tears rolling down my face...pure happiness :-)

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/05/13/smallville-visual-effects-gurus-that-made-clark-super/#/0

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b241885_smallville_finale_clark_kent_saves.html

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/05/14/smallville-series-finale-review/

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/05/smallville-review-finale-part-2/

I agree with comments here + online, there was NO clear full body shot of Welling wearing the suit, prior to the last shot on the roof it was all VERY poor CGI Supes, all long shots....you never saw the S logo, the only time you see the S logo was in the last few seconds on the roof, but we never once got to see Welling in the full outfit, cape, boots etc.

I *still* think this was for legal reason, but i think they did enough regardless of possible legal issues or whatever prevent full frontal Superman. I'm not bitching....just pointing out what others picked up on.

And RIP Tess, why???????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

No two ways about ..... that was just poor.

If there was one thing Smallville usually did very well since the beginning, it was season finales. Very disappointing end but should've expected ii i guess given most of season 10 was beyond weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

Finally over. Having Clark finally fly, get the suit and meet up with Lex were the highlights.

I also liked the way the story was brought back in line with the standard Superman story. The subtle change of Luthorcorp to Lexcorp, removal of Tess (I don't recall her in the main story line), Perry as chief, Jimmy as photographer, and the wedding postponed for a few years. The Darkseid conclusion was fairly meh.

Advertisement