Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

I was actually quite impressed with "Booster" and "Dominion". I like the way they explained that Zods phantom had merged with his younger body! And loved the way Clark Trapped Zod, Ursa and Non in the glass prison and sent them into space. It left it open for them to return in Supes Later life.

In relation to the legalities and copyright issues. It has always been the shows policy of no tight and no flights! However in an interview with the produvers at comic con and a recent interview with Tom Welling (unfortunatley i cannot remember the sites these interviews were on) they both said that rules get broken from time to time and that the final episode will deliver what fans want to see!!

So here's hoping that the deliver EXACTLY what we want to see.

And on a side note, only one episode left until the 2 hour finale...... I can honestly say that this deep;y saddens me and as its been such a big part of my life for the last 10 years i dont know what im gonna do without it....... just start over from season 1 I guess lol....................... True Fanboy!!!!! lol

I believe the "no tights, no flights" rule is nothing to do with legal restrictions but a rule of thumb the creators came up with to give the show its identity, ie it is a show about Clark growing up rather than being a show about Superman himself, these are the two major things that change the very nature of the show.

As for the end, Smallville is one of those shows I came into only a couple of seasons ago. No idea why I didn't watch it from the start because I was always a huge Superman fan but I got to catch up from season 1 to season 7 without the season breaks and 8 was just about to start. I dont want it to end but I guess it has run its course realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I believe the "no tights, no flights" rule is nothing to do with legal restrictions but a rule of thumb the creators came up with to give the show its identity, ie it is a show about Clark growing up rather than being a show about Superman himself, these are the two major things that change the very nature of the show.

As for the end, Smallville is one of those shows I came into only a couple of seasons ago. No idea why I didn't watch it from the start because I was always a huge Superman fan but I got to catch up from season 1 to season 7 without the season breaks and 8 was just about to start. I dont want it to end but I guess it has run its course realistically.

Ah yeah I know it has to end, I mean theyve basically used every major character in the Superman universe and covered most of the big storylines too. Sure even next weeks episode will be an adaptation of
    All Star Superman, with lois getting clarks powers for a day

Unless they changed the name to Metropolis and got rid of half of the regular characters it couldnt realistically go any further. But that will never happen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Cant wait for it!!!
    Expecting some filler though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ twas pure filler!....Toyman acting all creepy in a cage, very long scene between him and Lois, Green Arrow and Cara in a cave, i get this is setting up Darkseid...but really?
    And lois rejecting Clarkes hand at the end, least we got to see the Supes suit in the Fortress again.

I think i *may* actually pull hair out if he dosen't bloody fly next week!, that whole Toyman and his merry band was utterly wasted, Cara fecks off to the future, Granny plays Green arrow for a tool.

Ah well, if they throw everything into the finale all is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

^ twas pure filler!....Toyman acting all creepy in a cage, very long scene between him and Lois, Green Arrow and Cara in a cave, i get this is setting up Darkseid...but really?
    And lois rejecting Clarkes hand at the end, least we got to see the Supes suit in the Fortress again.

I think i *may* actually pull hair out if he dosen't bloody fly next week!, that whole Toyman and his merry band was utterly wasted, Cara fecks off to the future, Granny plays Green arrow for a tool.

Ah well, if they throw everything into the finale all is forgiven.

How was it a filler?? Return of Supergirl, Toyman,Granny etc...the "Hangover" episode was pure filler but this??..Crap maybe a better discription!

• Advertisement

Ok not a bad episode
    We saw the suit again so its def gonna be on Clarke
    They've an awful lot to cram in the finale-Oliver/Chloe/Gold Kryptonite/Darkseid/Granny Goodness/Supergirl/Marriage/Flying & Lex Luthor???

Dunno if its possible folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭larchielads

that seems to be the way wit the season finales that evrythin gets crammed in, a heap of story lines int o a 2 hour episode and then makes you wait for eternity for the next season to make sense of the previous season. dont think there'll be a next season though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Yeah that does sound like a lot to fit into the last episode, even though it's double length. I think Smallville has been criticised for that in the past, for squeezing too much into the last episode of each season when they could have stretched it out a bit more.

Not a bad episode, have seen much worse.

^ it's geting a pasting on the DS thread, which is always a scream to read!!!!!

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1262547&page=29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING

I read about this link on Kryptonsite and apparently it gives away a lot of spoilers about the last episode. I have not read it or checked it out so I've no idea what it contains but if you check it out, please don't mention anything in it :)

http://www.ksitetv.com/6409/smallville-finale-space-channel-promo/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Omg.
    The two Earths merging a la Crisis on Infinite Earths
    . Nerdgasm.

Just had a Geek-gasm there-Wow!

^ LOOK...all i care about is:

A): does he fly?
    B): will he put on the suit?

It could be 80 mins of him and Lois talking bollocks as long as those two things happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

My betting is Conner Kent gets offed during the "Crisis" as in the comics

Ok just watched prophecy lastnight!!! What a let down!!!
    It seemed like a filler episode with about 10 mins of story thrown in!!! Why didnt Kara question why Oliver was able to stand on the darkness side of the scales? Also didnt like how they chose to send Kara to the future, how did she have a legion ring?

And wasnt it a bit strange how all of a sudden Jor-El had an off switch?? Why didnt clark use that ages ago when Jor-El was being a dick??? And why the hell did Lois put on the Control Badge instead of just crushing Toy Mans phone so He was helpless, and superspeed to clark to protect him from the "Legion Of Doom"??? And also when they were in the watchtower why didnt Tess pull out some green K to use on lois instead of crying "Just 30 more seconds Clark", cause lets face it, they have some stored there incase clark ever went bad boy again........ And the ending??? FFS!!!!!!!!!

But thats the rant over........ Now onto the good stuff.... The Finale!!!!!
    I watched the clips on the link above from ksitetv.com and eh...... WOW!!!!!!!

SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!!
    I dont think that was the 2 earths merging, it looked more like apokalips trying to merge with earth, and Jonathon handing clark the suit & cape?? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! (as long as they have a good reason for jonathon being there).

As the comments on ksitetv say, this is shaping up to be more of a movie than just a long tv episode, and I for one cannot wait to see it!!!!!!!

Ok just watched prophecy lastnight!!! What a let down!!!
    It seemed like a filler episode with about 10 mins of story thrown in!!! Why didnt Kara question why Oliver was able to stand on the darkness side of the scales? Also didnt like how they chose to send Kara to the future, how did she have a legion ring?

And wasnt it a bit strange how all of a sudden Jor-El had an off switch?? Why didnt clark use that ages ago when Jor-El was being a dick??? And why the hell did Lois put on the Control Badge instead of just crushing Toy Mans phone so He was helpless, and superspeed to clark to protect him from the "Legion Of Doom"??? And also when they were in the watchtower why didnt Tess pull out some green K to use on lois instead of crying "Just 30 more seconds Clark", cause lets face it, they have some stored there incase clark ever went bad boy again........ And the ending??? FFS!!!!!!!!!

But thats the rant over........ Now onto the good stuff.... The Finale!!!!!
    I watched the clips on the link above from ksitetv.com and eh...... WOW!!!!!!!

SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!!
    I dont think that was the 2 earths merging, it looked more like apokalips trying to merge with earth, and Jonathon handing clark the suit & cape?? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! (as long as they have a good reason for jonathon being there).

As the comments on ksitetv say, this is shaping up to be more of a movie than just a long tv episode, and I for one cannot wait to see it!!!!!!!

Hard to argue with any of that. I assumed the ring was given to her by Jor-El, after all it was he told her to go away, but you should never have to make an assumption about such a major development, they should either tell you what is going on, allude to it or cover it in a future episode (not many of those left). Maybe something happened in an earlier episode that explains it, I certainly don't remember anything, beyond the fact that the rings existed, and some of them were destroyed.

All your other points are perfectly valid and to be fair I think it high lights weaknesses in some of the shows writing in general not just this episode. I reckon you could find similar holes in lots of episodes. I love it anyway but it just scares me to think about just how much better it could have all been with a little more care and attention. Although maybe we love it so much because of this.

The whole thing about Lois getting Clarks powers seemed like one long plot device to get them broken up for the finale to add to the "will they wont they" storyline and very little of it actually made any sense, but surely there was a better way of doing this. I mean "Put this on or Clark gets it, I promise he will be fine otherwise"? Come On!

All in all, a lot happened to get us on the way to the finale and hopefully they wont make a mess of it. With the end of a lot of shows you dont always mind a few weak points on the way to the final episode but a bad farewell just leases a sour taste in the mouth.

Hard to argue with any of that. I assumed the ring was given to her by Jor-El, after all it was he told her to go away, but you should never have to make an assumption about such a major development, they should either tell you what is going on, allude to it or cover it in a future episode (not many of those left). Maybe something happened in an earlier episode that explains it, I certainly don't remember anything, beyond the fact that the rings existed, and some of them were destroyed.

All your other points are perfectly valid and to be fair I think it high lights weaknesses in some of the shows writing in general not just this episode. I reckon you could find similar holes in lots of episodes. I love it anyway but it just scares me to think about just how much better it could have all been with a little more care and attention. Although maybe we love it so much because of this.

The whole thing about Lois getting Clarks powers seemed like one long plot device to get them broken up for the finale to add to the "will they wont they" storyline and very little of it actually made any sense, but surely there was a better way of doing this. I mean "Put this on or Clark gets it, I promise he will be fine otherwise"? Come On!

All in all, a lot happened to get us on the way to the finale and hopefully they wont make a mess of it. With the end of a lot of shows you dont always mind a few weak points on the way to the final episode but a bad farewell just leases a sour taste in the mouth.

Very good points there, I love the show also and have been a religious follower from day 1 and will be very sad next week when it all ends, but as you said it could have been much better! Season 8 (bar the brutal Clark-Doomsday end fight scene) was incredible, season 9 was great too but could habe been so much better, and Season 10, although there have been some great episodes, has failed to deliver what the cast and writers are more than capable of!

But we shall see this weekend how it all wraps up, here's hoping they deliver the goods :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Thought the episode I saw last night was a good lead up to the finale
    Especially the angle taken with Oliver/Green Arrow

That said I think it may well be a let down...it's always going to be hard.

Once it doesn't end with some soppy shíte dialogue between Clark and Lois it won't be so bad - those moments have píssed me off all season long :mad:

PaulieC wrote: »
    Thought the episode I saw last night was a good lead up to the finale
    Especially the angle taken with Oliver/Green Arrow

That said I think it may well be a let down...it's always going to be hard.

Once it doesn't end with some soppy shíte dialogue between Clark and Lois it won't be so bad - those moments have píssed me off all season long :mad:

Totally agree, there has been FAR too much emphasis on the relationship between Lois & Clark and not nearly enough on Darkseid or Clark Becoming Superman.....

Totally agree, there has been FAR too much emphasis on the relationship between Lois & Clark and not nearly enough on Darkseid or Clark Becoming Superman.....

I wouldn't even mind a lack of emphasis on Darkseid tbh - but Clark becoming Superman should've been top priority imo - is it not the purpose of Smallville to show how he became the Man of Steel :confused:

I'm not big into comics or wouldn't even brand myself a huge Superman/Smallville fan but since I was a child I always liked Supes, and I appreciate TV shows being done well.

This season hasn't lived up to it's billing - like I said earlier - it was always going to be a very difficult task - but their priorities seem to be skewed from what I've seen

• Advertisement

Sometimes it seems like a modern version of "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman" ............ All dialogue and drama with f**k all action!!!!

But who am I kidding, I cant stay mad at it for long, I still love it!!! lol

Sometimes it seems like a modern version of "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman" ............ All dialogue and drama with f**k all action!!!!

But who am I kidding, I cant stay mad at it for long, I still love it!!! lol

True - I'm hoping there'll be some serious action in the finale - we're owed it after the let down with Doomsday tbf!

PaulieC wrote: »
    we're owed it after the let down with Doomsday tbf!

Absolutely, we got a decent fight with Zod in the season 9 finale, but it was a mortal fight, no powers due to the Blue K!! It's time we saw a proper fisty cuffs fight, all Superman Movies and Shows lacked in these.....

but it was a mortal fight

BOOOOOOOOO :pac:

Sometimes it seems like a modern version of "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman"

OUCH. Lets not say anything we cant take back. :)

OUCH. Lets not say anything we cant take back. :)

Ah regardless of angry statements, Smallville will always know how much i love it!!! lol

Ah regardless of angry statements, Smallville will always know how much i love it!!! lol

Well it wouldn't hurt to say it once in a while.

Well it wouldn't hurt to say it once in a while.

:DI LOVE SMALLVILLE!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

so are we going to see tom welling flying around in the suit or just something brief at the end

• Advertisement

so are we going to see tom welling flying around in the suit or just something brief at the end

Well we're all hoping that its a decent part of the Finale but knowing Smallville it will probably be the final scene, Clark stepping out onto rooftop in the suit and flying off into the distance........ end credits!!

I really hope thats not the case though!!!!

Advertisement