Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

I was personally delighted she wasn't there. I was quite happy with the flashbacks as it reminded me of just how much I hated her character.

I agree with you.. Lana isnt a patch on Lois.

They will be missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Didn't miss Lana at all. I'm still somewhat miffed that they killed off Jonathan Kent in Season 5 instead of her. Season 8 was nearly derailed by her coming back.

I'm sad the show is over. I can still remember watching the very first episode in my bedroom at home on Channel 4 when it first aired. Seems like a LONG time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

was delighted when she was riddled with Kryptonite-She was painful-and would have ruined the finale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Just saw this and all i can say is, i want all those hours of watching Smallville back!

Worst finale I have ever seen. Did not do the Man of Steel any justice. Was shocking! The writers should be ashamed of themselves....

Omegared. Each to their own. I personally want to have my mind wiped of smallville just to rematch the series again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Given the pathetic little budget this tv show has I cannot really criticise the CGI too much. What the writers had to work with they did a darn good job. It would have been nice if final confrontation with LionelSeid was longer, or the threat from the Apokolis was shown via some destruction scene, but in the end this is a tv show with such a small budget that it's remarkable what it has acheived. I thoroughly enjoyed the finale the only gripe I had was the unnecessary green arrow killing the trinity scene. Aside from that though, the writers did a fine damn job with the human elements and that was ultimately what made Smallville, smallville. :)

Oh and someone asked how did he move the planet? He didn't; he gave the people on earth hope and that cured them of their "marking" and it was the combined force of literally millions of "infected marks"* that was attracting the planet to Earth. When they were liberated from the gloom and despair they felt, the power of attraction changed to one of repulsion and the planet was pushed away.

*The actual name of these guys is alluding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I couldn't be bothered keeping up with this season. How was it? - Worth watching/improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

A handful of good episodes but mostly pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Hmm... maybe I should wait until I have a bed-ridden illness rather than allocating pleasure time to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Monotype wrote: »
    Hmm... maybe I should wait until I have a bed-ridden illness rather than allocating pleasure time to it.

To be honest if you decided you couldn't be bothered watching it, it just means you weren't enjoying it enough up to that point to watch it so you probably wouldn't have enjoyed the last season.

In reality there were a lot of filler episodes which were decent enough but just didn't add anything to the season arc which is what annoyed a lot of people, myself included. All in all though it was a good season but only if you bought into Smallville as a show and accepted it's limitations, otherwise you would be wasting your time, bed ridden or otherwise. Personally I wouldn't take back a second of the experience of watching it.

• Advertisement

I loved the show and would love if it branched of onto another show like "Metropolis" for example.

Look at the attached link from a fanatic who has already written a proposed season 11.. Might not be too bad methinks. But i have a feeling that the cast want a break from the show and try other things. They will be missed.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6997401/season_11

Let me know what ye think..

S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Only got to watch the finale lastnight, my broadband was down for the weekend, I was going into Smallville with drawrels!!!! lol I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!! Yes there were flaws with it, and I'll go through them first........ (in no particular order)

1. The wedding part of the story was far too long!!
    2. Why would there be a comic book about a young farmboy who grew up in smallville and became Superman, bit of a giveaway for anyone who knew Clark as a kid.
    3. The fight between Clark and Darkseid... now you can look at this from 2 perspectives..... one one hand - we all wanted to see an epic punch up between the two strongest men in the universe, but on the other hand, this isnt the time in Superman life where he will have the big showdown with DS, just like Doomsday in Season 8, if you remember that when doomsday went on his original ramapge in the comic and cartoons he was burried underground..... i.e. where clark burried him in the S8 finale....
    4. How did 3 regular arrows from Olivers bow kill darkseids trio??? And why didnt they move ouot of the way and put up a fight???
    5. The CGI, but we all know about their budget problems over the last few seasons so i'll let that one slide.
    6. They should have had clark fly a bit slower and a bit closer to the people so they could get a proper glimpse of "Their Savior"....

Now lets get on to the good stuff :)

I absolutely loved all the scenes with Clark, Martha and Jonathon.... Reminded me of the early seasons when the Kents would always guide Clark and help him make the right decision......

Probably what impressed me most was the fact that when Clark flew out of the fortress and put the suit on, we could actually see him flying off at an accelarating pace, not just instantly become a blue blur speeding through the sky, so glad they done that part right.

Lex's speech to Clark about them always being enemies was absolutely class!! And the way Clark said "Lex", it was bang on the money!!!!

I loved the fact that they incorperated a plane save in there somewhere, it has to be done!!! lol

The Fight with Clark and Oliver in the church was pretty good too.

Loved the speech with Clark and Jor-El in the fortress, and then jonathons spirit telling Clark that he and Jor-El will always be with him, and Clark realising that his entire life was his trial, not just some minor experiences throughout the show.......

Lex being elected as president..... Nice touch Smallville!!! :)

And last but as far away from least as possible.... The Final scene, Clark running in slow motion out onto the roof, running towards the camera, ripping open his shirt to reveal the recognisable logo on earth......... Followed by that John Williams theme tune......

As I said a few flaws but my conclusion...... Bravo! Bravo!!!!!
    I am very sad to see the end of this show, but im dleighted that they gave us what we wanted!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Only got to watch the finale lastnight, my broadband was down for the weekend, I was going into Smallville with drawrels!!!! lol I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!! Yes there were flaws with it, and I'll go through them first........ (in no particular order)

1. The wedding part of the story was far too long!!
    2. Why would there be a comic book about a young farmboy who grew up in smallville and became Superman, bit of a giveaway for anyone who knew Clark as a kid.
    3. The fight between Clark and Darkseid... now you can look at this from 2 perspectives..... one one hand - we all wanted to see an epic punch up between the two strongest men in the universe, but on the other hand, this isnt the time in Superman life where he will have the big showdown with DS, just like Doomsday in Season 8, if you remember that when doomsday went on his original ramapge in the comic and cartoons he was burried underground..... i.e. where clark burried him in the S8 finale....
    4. How did 3 regular arrows from Olivers bow kill darkseids trio??? And why didnt they move ouot of the way and put up a fight???
    5. The CGI, but we all know about their budget problems over the last few seasons so i'll let that one slide.
    6. They should have had clark fly a bit slower and a bit closer to the people so they could get a proper glimpse of "Their Savior"....

Now lets get on to the good stuff :)

I absolutely loved all the scenes with Clark, Martha and Jonathon.... Reminded me of the early seasons when the Kents would always guide Clark and help him make the right decision......

Probably what impressed me most was the fact that when Clark flew out of the fortress and put the suit on, we could actually see him flying off at an accelarating pace, not just instantly become a blue blur speeding through the sky, so glad they done that part right.

Lex's speech to Clark about them always being enemies was absolutely class!! And the way Clark said "Lex", it was bang on the money!!!!

I loved the fact that they incorperated a plane save in there somewhere, it has to be done!!! lol

The Fight with Clark and Oliver in the church was pretty good too.

Loved the speech with Clark and Jor-El in the fortress, and then jonathons spirit telling Clark that he and Jor-El will always be with him, and Clark realising that his entire life was his trial, not just some minor experiences throughout the show.......

Lex being elected as president..... Nice touch Smallville!!! :)

And last but as far away from least as possible.... The Final scene, Clark running in slow motion out onto the roof, running towards the camera, ripping open his shirt to reveal the recognisable logo on earth......... Followed by that John Williams theme tune......

As I said a few flaws but my conclusion...... Bravo! Bravo!!!!!
    I am very sad to see the end of this show, but im dleighted that they gave us what we wanted!!!!!!!!!

I think you are pretty much bang on the money with that summation.

I must say, I love your appraisal of the doomsday scenario, I hadn't at all considered that he was buried underground for future reference, It was a low point for me in Smallville but thinking about it from that point of view makes it much more palatable. Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Tried to watch this Saturday night when I game home,got 20mins in and was so bored I went to bed. The whole wedding thing was dragged on for about half an hour,Darkseid was disposed of so easily,just like Doomsday and both were supposed some of the toughest villians in the Superman universe.

There were some good parts,basically all the scenes with Lex,the 10 or so minutes he was in it show how much the show missed him,he was always the best thing about this show.

The CGI was crap,we didn't get to see him in the suit properly at all. For a series final it was very average. I'd give it a 5/10 This pathetic season overall gets a 2/10 from me.

I think you are pretty much bang on the money with that summation.

I must say, I love your appraisal of the doomsday scenario, I hadn't at all considered that he was buried underground for future reference, It was a low point for me in Smallville but thinking about it from that point of view makes it much more palatable. Class.

This is what I've always said to people. Anyone I know who watched the show always gave out about the way Clark disposed of some of the toughest guys in the universe with such ease but my point was always this.. "Smallville is about Clark becoming Superman, It's not a re-telling of all the events that happened in the superman storyline throughout the years, it's a complete origins story. If they were to do the big epic battles that we're all familiar with, i.e. the Doomsday and Apokolips animated movies, then there would be nothing left for The Man Of Steel to do when he finally steps up and embraces his destiny."

Every storyline in Smallville was basically a set up for the major events in "Supermans" life, not the "Young Clark Kent's".

Another perfect example was the "Dominion" episode with Zod in the Phantom Zone, at the very end of the episode we see Zod, Non and Ursa being hurled into space in the glass prison that we saw in the original Donner Movies, leaving the storyline that we know from Superman 2 applicable for the "After Smallville" timeline.....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was out of the country so I just got around to watching it now.

Jesus Christ, where do I start? The first half was all talk and exposition, while the second half was glowing purple and orange lights and the biggest anti-climax I've ever seen.

And after all that, they waited 7 years to get married, why? So we could have Lex shown as president, Perry White saying "Great Caesars Ghost", and Jimmy Olsen's little brother now grown up?

What a complete and utter waste.

Not even John William's music rescued that turd - by the end, I just didn't give a shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Smallville's CGI I found would either be jaw droppingly beautiful or hideously amateur. I think the two planets crashing into each other thing looked fantastic. Couldn't fault it at all. But for some reason they cannot do capes or flags that are blowing in the wind. They can't do it. I understand there would be budget reasons but you'd think it would be easier to stick a real cape on him and do something with that, never-mind a lot cheaper.

The scene with the Kents in the barn was just brilliant. Fantastic.

G-Money wrote: »

Couldn't agree more G-Money, it brought us back to the early seasons when Clark would always turn to his parents for guidance.... It was quite an emotional scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

G-Money wrote: »
    Smallville's CGI I found would either be jaw droppingly beautiful or hideously amateur. I think the two planets crashing into each other thing looked fantastic. Couldn't fault it at all. But for some reason they cannot do capes or flags that are blowing in the wind. They can't do it. I understand there would be budget reasons but you'd think it would be easier to stick a real cape on him and do something with that, never-mind a lot cheaper.

If you ever watch the any documentaries on ILM. The one thing those animators hate more than anything else is making clothes look plausible yet alone any way realistic. One of their crowning achievements in the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy was Yoda's clothing. If you look at how it progress through episodes I to III you'll notice a vast improvement.:)

This is the second saturday in a row where there's no new Smallville to watch as soon as I wake up........ regardless of how it dropped in standards over the years, i miss it soooo much!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This is the second saturday in a row where there's no new Smallville to watch as soon as I wake up........ regardless of how it dropped in standards over the years, i miss it soooo much!!! :(

Next season should be good on Fridays: Fringe; Supernatural; Nikita; Grimm; Chuck :)

Next season should be good on Fridays: Fringe; Supernatural; Nikita; Grimm; Chuck :)

It's not the same..........................

dawson-crying.jpg

It's not the same..........................

dawson-crying.jpg

Van Der Beek will never live that meme down........ :p

Van Der Beek will never live that meme down........ :p

Good enough for him!!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Wait, I thought you didn't like Supernatural, Richard. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i feel your pain.:(

Scumbags!....finale suit shots all on purpose!!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/smallville-why-we-didn-t-192811

Viewers always knew the CW’s Smallville series would end with Clark Kent’s transformation into Superman. But seeing series star Tom Welling in the full Superman suit wasn’t what the series was ultimately about.

Executive producers Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders spent 10 seasons supporting the “No Tights, No Flight” philosophy that ultimately fell by the wayside in Smallville’s two-hour May 13 series finale. But did Welling actually wear the entire suit?

“That is a great debate that’s going on,” Souders coyly told The Hollywood Reporter.

The finale included a few scenes in which Welling is seen sporting the upper-half of the Superman suit, however, the only full-suit scene is done from a distance and via CGI with Superman finally taking flight in space and saving the planet.

“What we wanted to do all along was show hints at where he was going because that is a whole different story that is yet to be told,” Peterson told THR. “It felt like it gave just enough without starting to tell a whole different story that is left for all the other media.’

Peterson, who penned Part 2 of the finale with Souders, noted that the series has always been about Clark becoming the hero from the famed mythos and that the adventures of Superman were stories that have been -- and will continue to be told -- via other avenues, including Christopher Nolan’s upcoming Man of Steel, set for next year. “[Showing Tom in the full suit] to me is just not super relevant and not what we were trying to do,” he said.

“We were actually thrilled that everybody came together and was on board with the shots that we specifically picked,” he added.

“We all wanted it to be the end of Clark Kent’s journey because it’s a show about Clark Kent,” he said. “In the days when we saw him in a flannel shirt, the suit was the furthest thing from his mind.”

Were you disappointed not to see Welling in the full suit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Just watched finale. Sucked donkey balls

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The show that just won't F**KING DIE! :D:)
    ANNOUNCING SMALLVILLE SEASON 11

Smallville Fans Rejoice! New Comic Book Series, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11, to Pick Up Where Show Left Off

Fans of the smash-hit TV series Smallville haven't had much to cheer about since the show ended its critically acclaimed 10-year run on The CW last May. That's all going to change with the upcoming new comic book series from DC Entertainment: SMALLVILLE SEASON 11. Written by former Smallville show scribe Bryan Q. Miller, the new digital first series will be published digitally on April 13, 2012, with new digital chapters released weekly thereafter. Additionally, the online chapters will be offered in a print periodical, along with an episode guide to the hit television series, with the first print issue released on May 16.

The new comic book series picks-up where the show left off (with Clark officially now as Superman!) and features other fan-favorite characters including Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Chloe Sullivan-Queen, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, and General Lane. The book features an all-star creative team - in addition to Miller, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 creators include print cover artist Gary Frank (SUPERMAN SECRET ORIGIN), digital cover artist Cat Staggs and interiors by Pere Perez (BATGIRL).

"Six months after Clark Kent donned the cape and took to the skies to save Earth from Apokolips... enter Season 11!" enthuses Miller. "New allies abound! New enemies afoot! And old friends return where they're least expected! Pere and colorist Chris Beckett have done a fantastic job of capturing the look of the show and the players, and Gary and Cat are knocking it out of the park on covers. I couldn't be more excited to help give seasoned viewers and new readers an all-access pass to Clark's first year in the cape."

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/02/09/smallville-fans-rejoice-new-comic-book-series-smallville-season-11-to-pick-up-where-show-left-off-182305/20120209dc01/

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »

:mad: fecker!....since The CW is doing SOOOOOOOOOOO bad this season i was thinking they had opted to do another series, out of pure desperation.....thank the gods it's just a comic.

Advertisement