Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Give us a flavour of an acceptable exciting answer then?

And then tell us the probability of any politician giving a similar answer to it.

Then you will see why repeatedly asking it is pointless and boring.

Well them maybe SF should just stop trying to hoodwink us into thinking they might just have something new or different to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Who’s this moaning Michael on at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Callan57 wrote: »
    Well them maybe SF should just stop trying to hoodwink us into thinking they might just have something new or different to offer

I'd say they have as much chance of persuading you and certain others of that as Marion has of giving up de fags. :)

I'd say they have as much chance of persuading you and certain others of that as Marion has of giving up de fags. :)

I might surprise you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Liadh Ni Riada has the same mealy mouthed double speak and justifications of all the shinners. She's got all the same stock answers with regard to the IRA, institutions up the North, not taking up the seats in Westminster. But she doesn't seem to have the same thick skin as the rest of them. I was surprised to hear how irritated she got with some very bog standard Shinner questions that she was asked.

One would wonder how she would fare when the pressure of a Presidential campaign kicked in. It's a good job for her that Vincent Browne has retired, that's for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Liadh Ni Riada has the same mealy mouthed double speak and justifications of all the shinners. She's got all the same stock answers with regard to the IRA, institutions up the North, not taking up the seats in Westminster. But she doesn't seem to have the same thick skin as the rest of them. I was surprised to hear how irritated she got with some very bog standard Shinner questions that she was asked.

One would wonder how she would fare when the pressure of a Presidential campaign kicked in. It's a good job for her that Vincent Browne has retired, that's for sure!

Auld Vinny was never too hard on the SF people.

Gave the lefties an easy ride, witness the appearance at various ‘events’ with them.

It was only when those in charge and had to implement stuff got on his show that Vinny moved up a gear and launched into them from a froth mouthed standpoint.

Anyone remember him on 2200 politics radio show where himself and the bould Sean Ardagh chewed the fat ,gently joshed amongst themselves and then gutted and filleted some poor goon who was put up by FG.

That was Vinny.

Auld Vinny was never too hard on the SF people. Gave the lefties an easy ride, witness the appearance at various ‘events’ with them.

Vinny certainly was ridiculously left wing in his views, but he never let SF use their supposed contemporary liberal ideals deter him from questions about their more right wing actions of the past.

I remember in the last Presidential election he questioned Martin McGuinness about whether Gerry was in the RA or not. And he had a table laid out with over 40 books from credible journalists and ex IRA members which all said that Gerry WAS in the RA.

Vinny certainly was ridiculously left wing in his views, but he never let SF use their supposed contemporary liberal ideals deter him from questions about their more right wing actions of the past.

I remember in the last Presidential election he questioned Martin McGuinness about whether Gerry was in the RA or not. And he had a table laid out with over 40 books from credible journalists and ex IRA members which all said that Gerry WAS in the RA.

Didn’t see that but the rank and file were never given the attempted filleting others got, while the lefties smirked in the corner knowing Vinny would go all avuncular and sweet when it came to their turn.

Never liked that kind of style.

40 books from 'credible' journalists you say? :)

And not one of these 'credible journalists' (nor 2 police forces) could produce a scintilla of hard evidence over the years?

Yeh, 'credible' is part of the word - 'incredible' more like. :D:D:D

I don't know if he was a member or leader or not btw, and care less. What difference does it make exactly at this stage and why does it consume journalism which should be focusing on what current SF people are about. What a routine waste of time and energy it is.

40 books from 'credible' journalists you say? :)

My point was in response to the question as to whether Vincent was critical of the Shinners or not.I present the information here as it was presented by Vincent at the time. If you choose to believe that Gerry Adams was not in the IRA, then that is your choice.

• Advertisement

My point was in response to the question as to whether Vincent was critical of the Shinners or not.I present the information here as it was presented by Vincent at the time. If you choose to believe that Gerry Adams was not in the IRA, then that is your choice.

It was you who constructed the sentence below with capitals for emphasis and the word 'credible', not Vincent. Vincent presented the books, I remember that, I don't remember him presenting them as credible evidence of anything, he presented them and asked McGuinness the question.
    with over 40 books from credible journalists and ex IRA members which all said that Gerry WAS in the RA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Oh gawd. Please don't let this degenerate into an SF thread. There are plenty of other places where this can be discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

"We ARE going to have a presidential election".

Are we? Has anyone actually been nominated yet? Plenty talking about it but will anyone actually get themselves over the starting line?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Marian is so lazy and repetitive. Trots out the same shallow cliches and stereotypes every week.

Marian is so lazy and repetitive. Trots out the same shallow cliches and stereotypes every week.

As are the producers. If they were going to discuss the GAA thing you would think they could have gotten somebody on to speak on it's behalf instead of the shooting fish in a barrel discussion it was. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Gavin Duffy is a very nice man but do we really need a reality TV star as President? Hasn't worked out so well elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

The whole purpose of this interview is for Marzie to show the Irish plebiscite how good we have it, and what a good job the gubberment is doing.

Also, I imagine she has seen no hard times financially with her disgusting salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I like listening to David Hall

It was you who constructed the sentence below with capitals for emphasis and the word 'credible', not Vincent. Vincent presented the books, I remember that, I don't remember him presenting them as credible evidence of anything, he presented them and asked McGuinness the question.

Well Vincent presented them as credible, but I will italicize it in the future if it helps you to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Well her panel guests are certainly repetitive, the same old on an endless cycle. Maybe the producers have speed dials on their phones numbered 1-10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Callan57 wrote: »
    I'm sure Gavin Duffy is a very nice man but do we really need a reality TV star as President? Hasn't worked out so well elsewhere.

Eh!! How has it not out well elsewhere?

Well Vincent presented them as credible, but I will italicize it in the future if it helps you to understand.

He presented the list of books and didn't mention the word 'credible' once. He listed out the books and writers and then asked, 'how come all these writers say you were in the IRA but you say you weren't'.

Apart from the fact you misremembered that he was questioning McGuinness on his own membership, not Gerry's, you would also be quoting him in error.

Off topic now anyhow. Show's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

honeybear wrote: »
    I like listening to David Hall

He's never, ever challenged on anything he says. Gets far to much unquestioned air time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

He's never, ever challenged on anything he says. Gets far to much unquestioned air time

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

honeybear wrote: »
    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

I'm sure he does. That's not my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Why do you listen to a show you hate, completely bizarre, I hate Tubridy, Yates etc I never listen to them.

Why do you listen to a show you hate, completely bizarre, I hate Tubridy, Yates etc I never listen to them.

Why do you hate people you never listen to , completely bizzare

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod note

Enough of the ot chat and bickering, take a read of the charter again if unfamiliar

PC7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Had a listen to their shows when they first started, decided not for me, not that bizarre really, a load of people on here can't stand Finnucane yet listen to her show, why?

• Advertisement

Had a listen to their shows when they first started, decided not for me, not that bizarre really, a load of people on here can't stand Finnucane yet listen to her show, why?

Ok,sorry, I withdraw the bizzare comment.

It’s not bizzare to hate Tubs programme

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement