Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Marian couldn't get rid of her quick enough so she could get her luvvy mate on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Chalmers is right, only if cops have established a rock solid case to answer should the "accused" be named.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

sligojoek wrote: »
    Marian couldn't get rid of her quick enough so she could get her luvvy mate on.

Didn't think so, I got the impression she was there for Marion's personal entertainment.
    Obviously a gardening fan herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

dieselbug wrote: »
    Didn't think so, I got the impression she was there for Marion's personal entertainment.
    Obviously a gardening fan herself.

I'm fond of a bit of gardening myself. The slot was only a few minutes long. I thought Marian brought the whole thing to an abrupt end. A gardening slot needs a bit longer than a few minutes. I'm guessing the next guest was on the line and wanted to talk about Sir Cliff and so did Marian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'm fond of a bit of gardening myself. The slot was only a few minutes long. I thought Marian brought the whole thing to an abrupt end. A gardening slot needs a bit longer than a few minutes. I'm guessing the next guest was on the line and wanted to talk about Sir Cliff and so did Marian.

I had to go out before the gardening lady finished so I can't give an opinion on anything after that.
    Might listen on the player later, doubt it though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Interesting that nobody makes the point that Facebook got involved in telling us how to vote in referendums here, and this was reported widely in the news, without actually evaluating whether they were in any moral position to advise the Irish people about anything. The media are certainly not shy about coming forward if anybody in the Church tells us how to vote.

That documentary is still up on Channel4s website, you just have to set up an account. It's worth it alone for watching that Head Of Policy guy squirming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

"The majority of people in this Island were Hilary supporters, at least in 'this ' Part " , Says Marion , How the Hell does she know?! , and by ' this part ' she means RTE I Presume , how is this broadcaster allowed to continue with this guff , is there no editorial oversight on this programme.

"Anthony Scaramucci criticised Trump" WOW!, i'd be shocked if he didn't .... this comes from the so called 'paper of record ' Irish times correspondent , another newspaper that has lost credibility in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

Interesting that nobody makes the point that Facebook got involved in telling us how to vote in referendums here, and this was reported widely in the news, without actually evaluating whether they were in any moral position to advise the Irish people about anything. The media are certainly not shy about coming forward if anybody in the Church tells us how to vote.

That documentary is still up on Channel4s website, you just have to set up an account. It's worth it alone for watching that Head Of Policy guy squirming.
    That's what happens when you have no opposition in politics or the media

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

"I imagine that the translators would sign a confidentiality agreement"
    Fairly high level insight and in-depth knowledge there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Oops69 wrote: »
    "The majority of people in this Island were Hilary supporters, at least in 'this ' Part " , Says Marion , How the Hell does she know?! , and by ' this part ' she means RTE I Presume , how is this broadcaster allowed to continue with this guff , is there no editorial oversight on this programme.

She is telling the truth from her own experience most likely. The elevated circles in RTE etc in which she moves would have being snorting with righteous derision at even the suggestion that their "girl" would lose.
    There is a great snobbery towards Trump from the elite in America. Wrong accent and manners. Think of Dublin 4's attitude to Bertie increased by large multiples. (Before the hookery seemed to justify it).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sweet Jeebus. The luvvies are out in full force.

Everything is wonderful great can’t be missed fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

quintana76 wrote: »
    She is telling the truth from her own experience most likely. The elevated circles in RTE etc in which she moves would have being snorting with righteous derision at even the suggestion that their "girl" would lose.
    There is a great snobbery towards Trump from the elite in America. Wrong accent and manners. Think of Dublin 4's attitude to Bertie increased by large multiples. (Before the hookery seemed to justify it).

Unfortunately for Trumpeters, yer man turns out to be nothing more than an ignorant gibbon, with as much nous as a soccer ball between the ears.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I didn't think Mr Craughwell had a snowballs chance in hell but I don't see why the requirement for 4 councils or 20 senators?
    Why can't anyone, once they meet the criteria, throw their hat in the ring?
    Just another way of keeping things within the "insider circle"?

Callan57 wrote: »
    I didn't think Mr Craughwell had a snowballs chance in hell but I don't see why the requirement for 4 councils or 20 senators?
    Why can't anyone, once they meet the criteria, throw their hat in the ring?
    Just another way of keeping things within the "insider circle"?

Sorry, wrong thread ... this roving presenters is confusing me.:mad:

I thought Sinn Fein still had to hold a congress or something to decide on a candidate? Looks like Ms ORiada has been "parachuted" ... so much for a democratic party!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I thought Sinn Fein still had to hold a congress or something to decide on a candidate? Looks like Ms ORiada has been "parachuted" ... so much for a democratic party!

She was introduced as a potential candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 67,216 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    She was introduced as a potential candidate

Or rather, she was introduced as 'somebody who is being spoken of as a potential candidate'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I just tuned in here after the start, so I don't know why this SF woman is on. Is Marian launching the SF presidential campaign? Will this interview be counted towards the time allocated to each candidate?

Marion's Blind and ignorant prejudice really shining through in this interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

She's boxed herself into a corner here......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I just tuned in here after the start, so I don't know why this SF woman is on. Is Marian launching the SF presidential campaign? Will this interview be counted towards the time allocated to each candidate?

Lady is getting lots of airtime on an issue which is hardly that topical at this juncture.Kind of strange.

That said glad someone is proposing someone to oppose MDH.

No doubt the bots from Parnell Sq will be standing by anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Some awful question dodging going on for what was a relatively soft question.

Lady is getting lots of airtime on an issue which is hardly that topical at this juncture.Kind of strange.

The Presidential election is topical at this stage , there's an unopposed backslider about to be elected in a couple of months

Or rather, she was introduced as 'somebody who is being spoken of as a potential candidate'

A tad disingenuous .... I don't for a moment believe she is on the show without the yea of the leadership of SF. First part of the interview was carried out as if she was the declared SF canditate and she made no effort to dispute that. It was only when the questions got "difficult" that she said she hadn't decided or been declared & then she reverted to the standard SF answers we've been listening to for the last 30 yrs.

A tad disingenuous .... I don't for a moment believe she is on the show without the yea of the leadership of SF. First part of the interview was carried out as if she was the declared SF canditate and she made no effort to dispute that. It was only when the questions got "difficult" that she said she hadn't decided or been declared & then she reverted to the standard SF answers we've been listening to for the last 30 yrs.

Well I was listening to something entirely different to you then.

Nobody said at any stage she was a candidate. She was clearly introduced as somebody who was being spoken of as a candidate.

And tbh, the 'questions' are Montrose's version of the 'have you stopped beating your wife' questions and are boring at this stage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Japers, it didn't take much of a curve-ball question to bring out such a pompous deflection.

So Sf blooded Leah Ni Riada on the show and she made a hames of it , that marks her off the SF list .

Well I was listening to something entirely different to you then.

Nobody said at any stage she was a candidate. She was clearly introduced as somebody who was being spoken of as a candidate.

And tbh, the 'questions' are Montrose's version of the 'have you stopped beating your wife' questions and are boring at this stage.

Not as boring as the "standard" answer though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Not as boring as the "standard" answer though :rolleyes:

Give us a flavour of an acceptable exciting answer then?

And then tell us the probability of any politician giving a similar answer to it.

Then you will see why repeatedly asking it is pointless and boring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement