Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Group/Dublin/CityCentre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

johanna33 wrote: »
    Hi,

My name is Johanna and I took some creative writing classes with Big Smoke Writing Factory and now, all I need to do is WRITE.

But it's difficult to do so without some motivation, and that's why I would love to join you on Monday.

Do I need to email anything to anybody or just come along?

Thanks!

Johanna

Hi Johanna,

Come to the meeting! Everyone is welcome. We were exchanging our writing before the next meeting, of 500 words via email. You can do this or just come along and do it for the next meeting? PM your email address and i'll add you to the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Have emailed mine around, if anyone in the group didn't get it just let me know and I'll send it on.

See you all tomorrow! 6ish @IFI cafe!

Newcomers don't be shy! I'll be the girl with the small blue laptop!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

I'll probably be late, such are the vagaries of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Driven4aLivin

Hi guys - I emailed my stuff around a few days ago. If anyone didn't get it let me know - you should have my email address (julie..) on the mass mail.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for coming. It was a good night. Nice o meet new members.
    Next meeting is sept 13 at 6ish but I am thinking we should meet in a different locations. What does everyone think? Has anyone any suggestions?

I was thinking 'The Gingerman' but all suggestions welcome!

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/gingerman.html.

If anyone wants to come to the next writing group pm and I'll add you to the mailing list. We are going to email at least 500 words by next meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Other responsibilities conspired against me with regards to the last two meetings, but I really would like to join in, if ye are still taking newcomers. It'll be a good kick up the arse, so to speak, to get, at the very least, 500 [continuous] words written - I'm rather sick of only writing short poems, prose and, at the other end of the spectrum, much larger story concepts. Really need to get into gear with full stories and such.

rgt320q wrote: »
    Other responsibilities conspired against me with regards to the last two meetings, but I really would like to join in, if ye are still taking newcomers. It'll be a good kick up the arse, so to speak, to get, at the very least, 500 [continuous] words written - I'm rather sick of only writing short poems, prose and, at the other end of the spectrum, much larger story concepts. Really need to get into gear with full stories and such.

Sure, if you just PM your email address I'll add you to the mailing list. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Iron Enthusiast

Hey,

Just wondering if your next meeting still taking place on Monday 13th at 6pm at the Gingerman pub?

I'm 10,000 words into my first real writing project and it would be great to share ideas and hear more about how other writers operate! (strange to imply that I'm a writer)

Is there a general format to the meetings? (what happened last time?)
    I tried to PM you Monkeysocks but got a message saying your PM function was disabled?

Many thanks in advance:pac:

IE

Hi all,

Any way we can change the meeting to the 20th of Sept?

• Advertisement

Hey,

Just wondering if your next meeting still taking place on Monday 13th at 6pm at the Gingerman pub?

I'm 10,000 words into my first real writing project and it would be great to share ideas and hear more about how other writers operate! (strange to imply that I'm a writer)

Is there a general format to the meetings? (what happened last time?)
    I tried to PM you Monkeysocks but got a message saying your PM function was disabled?

Many thanks in advance:pac:

IE

PM me your email address and i'll add you to the list and give u details of meeting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Iron Enthusiast

Hi MonkeySocks I PM'd you yesterday (sunday).

I haven't heard anything back from anyone so am I right thinking the meetings is not going ahead or the date has been changed as mentioned above?

Unless I hear different i'll head down to the Gingerman at 6 as per the last meeting details posted here..

Cheers,

IE

Hi MonkeySocks I PM'd you yesterday (sunday).

I haven't heard anything back from anyone so am I right thinking the meetings is not going ahead or the date has been changed as mentioned above?

Unless I hear different i'll head down to the Gingerman at 6 as per the last meeting details posted here..

Cheers,

IE

I am sorry I didn't see your message until now. The meeting was canceled for today. I am going to post details of next meeting..

Hi all,

The next meeting is 20th of September at 6pm at 'The Gingerman' Pub
    The address is....

The Gingerman
    40 Fenian Street
    Dublin 2

Website for directions

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/gingerman_map.html

New Members-If you add me as a friend on this and private message me your email address i will add you to the Writing group email group.
    Please email your writing a few days before the group. No limits, just try your best to submit something.

See you all next Monday!

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Don't worry if you never got a chance to send something on! Print it out and bring it! and if you didn't write anything at all still come along! You might be inspired :D

Next meeting is 18th October, 6.30 at The Library Bar.

The Library Bar
    The Central Hotel,
    1-5 Exchequer Street,
    Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Hi Monkeysocks, was just trying to PM you there to request to be added to the mailing list, but computer said no? When your account is fixed could you pop me a PM? A few of us had a group going in the Gresham (just 4-5) and some of us would like to get involved in your group if that's ok with you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Irish Writers Centre

Hey guys,

I stumbled across your thread and I was wondering if you know about the Irish Writers' Centre? I'm a volunteer there, and we have some great creative writing and short story courses on at the moment. You should pop in sometime, we're always happy to take time out for tea and friendly conversation! We're holding a Publishing Seminar this Saturday October 2nd. It was extremely popular last year, and could benefit your group if you'd like to get some of your work out there!

Here's the link to our site....
    http://www.writerscentre.ie/html/events/publishingday.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

There's a sticky at the top of the forum for writing classes IWC. You might find that if you want to elaborate on the facilities you provide that thread might give you more scope. :)

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Hi Monkeysocks, was just trying to PM you there to request to be added to the mailing list, but computer said no? When your account is fixed could you pop me a PM? A few of us had a group going in the Gresham (just 4-5) and some of us would like to get involved in your group if that's ok with you all.

Sure all welcome. Details above of next date etc. I added you as a friend so if you just private mail me your email address. You have to be friends before you can private mail me. We usually send a piece of our writing a week before the meet up. Looking forward to seeing you all.

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

I stumbled across your thread and I was wondering if you know about the Irish Writers' Centre? I'm a volunteer there, and we have some great creative writing and short story courses on at the moment. You should pop in sometime, we're always happy to take time out for tea and friendly conversation! We're holding a Publishing Seminar this Saturday October 2nd. It was extremely popular last year, and could benefit your group if you'd like to get some of your work out there!

Here's the link to our site....
    http://www.writerscentre.ie/html/events/publishingday.html

I know the Irish Writer Centre well... Thanks for the Post :D
    You have to pay for these courses don't you?

Next meeting is 18th October, 6.30 at The Library Bar.

The Library Bar
    The Central Hotel,
    1-5 Exchequer Street,
    Dublin 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Coffeeapple

Hey MonkeySocks, I just added you as a friend, I'm interested in going to the next group meet. Could you send me a pm with the details? Cheers

Hey MonkeySocks, I just added you as a friend, I'm interested in going to the next group meet. Could you send me a pm with the details? Cheers

Accepted your friend request. If you just PM your email address i'll add you to the list. Details of meeting are above.

See you all tonight @The Library Bar 6.30ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭savvyav

hey monkeysocks, just wondering if its possible to come to the next meeting? i used to be in a writers group out in swords but now that ive moved back to the wilds of kildare the city centre would be more convenient for me! if you want to PM me your email address ill send you my details :)

savvyav wrote: »
    hey monkeysocks, just wondering if its possible to come to the next meeting? i used to be in a writers group out in swords but now that ive moved back to the wilds of kildare the city centre would be more convenient for me! if you want to PM me your email address ill send you my details :)

Of course! all welcome. Just PM your email address and i'll add you to the mailing list. Next meeting details posted shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭savvyav

cool :) ive added you as a friend cos it won't let me PM you- I assume if you accept I'll be able to PM you then? I'm a technophobe..I do type my stories though, don't be scared!

savvyav wrote: »
    cool :) ive added you as a friend cos it won't let me PM you- I assume if you accept I'll be able to PM you then? I'm a technophobe..I do type my stories though, don't be scared!

No worries, we are friends now so you can PM, just send me your email address and I'll add you to the list. Not great with computers either!

• Advertisement

Next meeting is November 1st , 6.30 at The Library Bar.

The Library Bar
    The Central Hotel,
    1-5 Exchequer Street,
    Dublin 2.

Advertisement