Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Group/Dublin/CityCentre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭steve_r

I was the same as HalloweenJack, couldn't find you guys!!

If you add me to the email list I'll be happy to contribute

Had a great time meeting everyone tonight! Very inspired now :) You were all lovely! The next meeting is 16th of August @IFI 6.30ish! Any who wants to come I'll pm you my mobile number so that we don't miss you! We are all going to try and write 500 words by next meeting. If you pm me I shall send you my email address. I am going to set up group email so that we can email each others writing before the next meeting so that we have a chance to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

steve_r wrote: »
    I was the same as HalloweenJack, couldn't find you guys!!

If you add me to the email list I'll be happy to contribute

Sorry to hear that Steve_r. I'll pm you my email address. As soon as everyone gets back to me with their email address i'll send a group email. I think for the next time i'll just give everyone my mobile number via email so that nobody is left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭steve_r

Sorry to hear that Steve_r. I'll pm you my email address. As soon as everyone gets back to me with their email address i'll send a group email. I think for the next time i'll just give everyone my mobile number via email so that nobody is left out.

cool, just got your message, looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JeanHarlow

Hi MonkeySocks! I'm interested in joining the writers group too and can make it to the next meeting! Will PM you now :)

JeanHarlow wrote: »
    Hi MonkeySocks! I'm interested in joining the writers group too and can make it to the next meeting! Will PM you now :)

Great the more the merrier! I pm you! See you next month:)

• Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I set up the writing group in gmail, it is invitation only so I sent you all invites! We call all share our writing through it!! Looking forward to reading everyones! I had a little problem with my internet connect sorry if the email sent twice!:o

Sandy

Ps if anyone is interested in joining PM with your email address and i'll send you the invite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dena90

Antilles wrote: »
    Mozart was five when he began composing!

Hey there,

I am new to boards.ie and would love to join a writing group.. can you advise when the next meeting is??

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dena90

Sorry just seen the date for the next meet-up... like I said i'm new lol :)

I will be there ! I tries to PM my details to you monkey socks but it would now allow me.. How can I send them to you?

Thanks!!

De :)

Dena90 wrote: »
    Sorry just seen the date for the next meet-up... like I said i'm new lol :)

I will be there ! I tries to PM my details to you monkey socks but it would now allow me.. How can I send them to you?

Thanks!!

De :)

I added you as a friend! Maybe you have to be a friend to add me?? I don't know:confused: anyway I added you as a friend so PM your email address and i will add you to the email group. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

I'm interested in this. You're not open to PMs Monkeysocks so I dropped you a friendship request.

Looking forward to the meet-up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Robbyn

Really sorry I wasn't able to make this, or the next one. Family member got taken into hospital quite urgently about two days before and I was on bedside duty :). All is well though I'm glad to say.

I'll definitely try make to the one AFTER. I don't know if it will be possible though with school starting up again (sixth year, *shivers*) but I'm glad it went well for those who went and it's a great idea.

Robbyn wrote: »
    Really sorry I wasn't able to make this, or the next one. Family member got taken into hospital quite urgently about two days before and I was on bedside duty :). All is well though I'm glad to say.

I'll definitely try make to the one AFTER. I don't know if it will be possible though with school starting up again (sixth year, *shivers*) but I'm glad it went well for those who went and it's a great idea.

Aww Robbyn,

Sorry to hear about that! Glad they are okay though. Good luck with sixth year :D. I remenber those days! Anyhow i'll keep posting the meeting dates and times up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,091 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Hi MonkeySocks,

I can't access the group whatsoever. I got the email you sent but I can't find it in Google Groups.

Could send me an invite please?

Hi MonkeySocks,

I can't access the group whatsoever. I got the email you sent but I can't find it in Google Groups.

Could send me an invite please?

of course! I don't know what is going on with the group :(. I sent the invites twice! I'll bring my laptop along to next meeting and let someone try figure out the settings. I'll send it again. hope you get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭imasmeasmecanbe

aaawwwhhhh mayng!!! I have been waiting for someone to do this for ages cause i couldnt organise an orgy in a cheap brothel, but of course it would have to be the few weeks that my internets is down that it gets started...... next meeting is when?

aaawwwhhhh mayng!!! I have been waiting for someone to do this for ages cause i couldnt organise an orgy in a cheap brothel, but of course it would have to be the few weeks that my internets is down that it gets started...... next meeting is when?

!6th of August (next monday) 6ish @IFI cafe! I shall have my blue mini laptop at the table in cafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Do you need a gmail account to access the writing group? Could people please email their stuff around, I haven't been able to get on the group.

Kinski wrote: »
    Do you need a gmail account to access the writing group? Could people please email their stuff around, I haven't been able to get on the group.

I don't know what is going on with the group settings because we have a member who has an eircom account. Anyway I told everyone to email their stuff in a group email. did you not get any emails??

Hi Everyone,

I sent a group email! Hope everyone got it?! I can't figure out why the group is accepting some people and not others, until I have this sorted can everyone just sent their stuff in a group email so we can all read it before monday?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

I don't know what is going on with the group settings because we have a member who has an eircom account. Anyway I told everyone to email their stuff in a group email. did you not get any emails??

Oh I got the emails, yeah. It's just there seems to be at least three (?) pieces on the group now, but only yours has been emailed around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭tomasocarthaigh

Where does it meet, and when?

Where does it meet, and when?

@IFI Cafe, 6pm, 16th of August!!

Kinski wrote: »
    Oh I got the emails, yeah. It's just there seems to be at least three (?) pieces on the group now, but only yours has been emailed around.

Only two stories submitted to the group, I've asked everyone to send a group email with their writing including the people who put it up on the group page because some people can't access it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,091 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I've just emailed mine around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I e-mailed mine to, so please let me know if you didn't get it.

I might make it up... if I can then I will!

BTW... where is the IFI cafe?

I might make it up... if I can then I will!

BTW... where is the IFI cafe?

It's in the Irish Film Institute, 6 Eustace Street. Temple Bar, Dublin2. I am crap at giving directions! All I can say is it's well known and if you just go to temple bar someone will point you in the directions!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Tomas, I've cut the youtube clips out of this thread because they are set to autoplay which means they start playing (twice as it was quoted) as soon as the page is open, which is really annoying. Also, the clip was in no way relevant to the thread.
    Would you mind reposting them, either in a new thread or in your other poetry thread, and without the autoplay option?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 johanna33

Hi,

My name is Johanna and I took some creative writing classes with Big Smoke Writing Factory and now, all I need to do is WRITE.

But it's difficult to do so without some motivation, and that's why I would love to join you on Monday.

Do I need to email anything to anybody or just come along?

Thanks!

Johanna

• Advertisement

Tomas, I've cut the youtube clips out of this thread because they are set to autoplay which means they start playing (twice as it was quoted) as soon as the page is open, which is really annoying. Also, the clip was in no way relevant to the thread.
    Would you mind reposting them, either in a new thread or in your other poetry thread, and without the autoplay option?

Thanks

I can do that, no probs!!!

Advertisement