Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Group/Dublin/CityCentre

Options
  • 25-06-2010 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Would anyone be interested in starting a Writing Group in the city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

You are probably better off posting in the Creative Writing forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moved Literature > Creative Writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Yep. Where and when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭MonkeySocks24

EileenG wrote: »
    Yep. Where and when?

Hi Eileen, I wasn't quite sure where, I was thinking a quiet cafe and see how many turns up and then rent a room in the library for a hour or so. Maybe once a month. Doesn't look like there are many that interested!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

I'd be interested too. How many people would you be aiming to get?

• Advertisement

a few, 3 is a good start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Robbyn

I would definitely be interested too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

What level of experience are you looking for? I'm a bit of a beginner but would be interested in similar or more experienced writers to meet/discuss/share writing techniques and work.

I do plan on attending a few courses over the next 6 months if this is for intermediates/experts only.

Good idea OP either way! :)

Kinski wrote: »
    I'd be interested too. How many people would you be aiming to get?
    a few, 3 is a good start :D
    Robbyn wrote: »
    I would definitely be interested too :)
    What level of experience are you looking for? I'm a bit of a beginner but would be interested in similar or more experienced writers to meet/discuss/share writing techniques and work.

I do plan on attending a few courses over the next 6 months if this is for intermediates/experts only.

Good idea OP either way! :)

We should all do it! How about we all meet next month sometimes? mid July? No experience necessary! It's just so we can help each other, make sure we stick to writing and stuff like that! We can get feedback on each others writing too.

I'm just seventeen, and how seriously should I take "No experience necessary". ha I do write and have written though.

Would I be totally out of my depth?

• Advertisement

I'm just seventeen, and how seriously should I take "No experience necessary". ha I do write and have written though.

There is no age limit for talent my dear! No sure it's for creative input.
    Write something. I'm going to bring along some of my short stories. I have done screenwriters courses, writing courses etc! I am writing two novels at the mo and some short stories. Everyone is welcome. I was thinking of bringing along short stories competition information and details about writing/grants. Depending on what type of stuff everyone write. It will just be great to meet up with fellow writers!

Hey Everyone. I am thinking 19th of July and location maybe IFI cafe, what time would suit everyone? I think it would be a good locations, to meet everyone, decided what we wanna do with the writing group etc. What does everyone think?? :D

Oh that's cool. I have a few short stories so I'll bring a few along too :)

I've read some of your stuff. No, you wouldn't be out of your depth.

Hey Everyone. I am thinking 19th of July and location maybe IFI cafe, what time would suit everyone? I think it would be a good locations, to meet everyone, decided what we wanna do with the writing group etc. What does everyone think?? :D

The day suits. Where is the IFI cafe?

Thanks I'm really interested :)

Oh that's cool. I have a few short stories so I'll bring a few along too :)
    The day suits. Where is the IFI cafe?
    Thanks I'm really interested :)

This is great 3 so far:D. Inside the pub part of the IFI cafe, the back seats! What time would suit everyone??

Where is the IFI cafe? What part of Dublin?

Where is the IFI cafe? What part of Dublin?

here is a link to the website http://www.irishfilm.ie/

It's in Temple Bar, down the side street! I am crap at directions!!

Okay, now I know where it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Engelbert

I'd be very interested in this!

Like Inkslinger and Robbyn (sounds like a dynamic duo if ever there was one) I have very little or no experience but do plan on pursuing a writing course in the near future. Can I be counted in at the IFI on 19th July? What time are we talking?

Just as a side note, I will need to confirm availability for 19th due to unconfirmed commitments but can definitely make the next one...if there is one! Fingers X'ed :)

Engelbert wrote: »
    I'd be very interested in this!

Like Inkslinger and Robbyn (sounds like a dynamic duo if ever there was one) I have very little or no experience but do plan on pursuing a writing course in the near future. Can I be counted in at the IFI on 19th July? What time are we talking?

Just as a side note, I will need to confirm availability for 19th due to unconfirmed commitments but can definitely make the next one...if there is one! Fingers X'ed :)

The more the merrier! I haven't a clue to what time. What time suits you?

What time would suit everyone on the 19th July??

Evening time anytime suits due to work - anything after 6pm is fine with me.

Once again, I have to stress, I may not make this meeting on the 19th due to unconfirmed commitments but if it continues I will be there - I will confirm closer to that date! Thanks!

I should be able to make that day...what about 7ish time-wise?

I think they do food there, so we could make it 6-6.30 and people could snack if necessary.

Well 6 would work for me, anyway.

Engelbert wrote: »
    Evening time anytime suits due to work - anything after 6pm is fine with me.

Once again, I have to stress, I may not make this meeting on the 19th due to unconfirmed commitments but if it continues I will be there - I will confirm closer to that date! Thanks!
    I should be able to make that day...what about 7ish time-wise?
    I think they do food there, so we could make it 6-6.30 and people could snack if necessary.
    Well 6 would work for me, anyway.

Will we say about 6.30? around that time? That suits me too. If anyone wants to join us later on then thats cool too. IFI does lovely food! So if anyone is coming straight from work etc. :) can't wait now!!

Yep 6:30 suits me too. Count me in :)

• Advertisement

I shall be there, tbc

Advertisement