Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Disturbing Thing You've Seen A Family Member Do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I was in the toilet, minding my own business, eating crisps and my sister walked in on me....

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

I was like watching TV the other day & Jedward were on (nyom nyom) and my dad walked in & he was like "Who are those guys?" and me & my bff were all like "OMG, WTF, OMG?!"

I was like lmao & my bff rofl'ed.

Parents are soooo embarrasing.

Anyway,nothing too disturbing really,just really bad dancing at a party..

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

My sisters going away party the other night,my ole laid's telling a story bout some posh wan in work...

''And she was standing there next to her big FUCK ME car.....''

Cue stunned looks from the gran and young cousins till we realised she'd tried to be cool again....

''Its a big Fuck off car.............''

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

phill106 wrote: »
    I was in the toilet, minding my own business, eating crisps and my sister walked in on me....

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

F*ck it I'm getting old. Too lasy or just don't care any more to google crap like this "lmao & my bff rofl'ed".
    Most disturbing thing, My father adding water to low fat milk when we were running low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I was like watching TV the other day & Jedward were on (nyom nyom) and my dad walked in & he was like "Who are those guys?" and me & my bff were all like "OMG, WTF, OMG?!"

I was like lmao & my bff rofl'ed.

Parents are soooo embarrasing.
    You may be joking writing that, but I actually want to kill that post if it is physically possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Dardania wrote: »
    walking in on the folk...at it...

ughhhhhhhhhhhh
    How the **** do you live with it? I resent my very existence knowing that the ould folks had to have done it at least once for me to have come into being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

I remember walking in on my da doin' my ma from behind - pounding it into her so he was - then I realised it wasn't my Ma at all - it was the babysitter, so I joined him for a spitroast.

It was one of those bonding moments I'll always remember ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,933 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Leaving bloody sanitary pads on the bathroom floor.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Stark wrote: »
    Leaving bloody sanitary pads on the bathroom floor.

Meh, I used to runa at them, jump on and then shout "Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipeouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!" as I slid across the tiles - thought it was kinda cool to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Pace2008 wrote: »
    How the **** do you live with it? I resent my very existence knowing that the ould folks had to have done it at least once for me to have come into being.

i just bottle it up and try not to ... TICK, HEAD WOBBLE ... think about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Lux23 wrote: »
    My brother eating a bag of crisps while sitting on the toliet. He is profoundly autistic but it was still disgusting like even if he didn't realise it was unsanitary.

I get how you may be confused, but how is this disturbing? I've a nephew who has autism, and he sits on the toilet for ages, and reads whole books. This doesn't disturb me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Insurgent wrote: »
    :confused:

read the post 2 or 3 above mine....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I get how you may be confused, but how is this disturbing? I've a nephew who has autism, and he sits on the toilet for ages, and reads whole books. This doesn't disturb me at all.
    Generally, you don't eat books.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

11811 wrote: »
    Trust me Dardania, it's better to walk in on both your parents instead of just one of them.

You're absolutely right Millhouse. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I resent my very existence knowing that the ould folks had to have done it at least once for me to have come into being.

Listen son, you don't own the rights on doin' the wild thing.
    We go at it hard every night, twice on Sundays.

Your Loving Mother...

Generally, you don't eat books.

And you don't read crisps. What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

My mother went on holidays for a week but cooked a leg of lamb for the father to do him for the week. I too was away and arrived home on Thursday, and asked Dad if he wanted dinner.
    “Sure there is a leg of lamb in the oven he said”
    I put on the spuds, some carrots and made a bit of gravy and had all ready, took out the leg of lamb and cut a slice of it, next thing load f maggots came spilling out of it.
    Dad, didn’t even notice them there, but don’t know if they were there Wednesday or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

And you don't read crisps. What's your point?
    Lux23 wrote: »
    My brother eating a bag of crisps while sitting on the toliet. He is profoundly autistic but it was still disgusting like even if he didn't realise it was unsanitary.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's unhygienic to be eating while on the toilet is what's being said. Meh, true, and I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't see what's "disturbing" about it - especially in this case when the kid didn't fully know any better.
    alwaysadub wrote: »
    My nephew letting his friend send everyone in the family a text saying he was commiting suicide..as a 'joke'. By the time we finished with him,he knew never to try that again.

Also,my uncle tried killing a few people,but i didn't see that myself..
    :eek:
    Don't know why you're rolling your eyes? I think any parent, who didn't have prior knowledge and even with it, would find that somewhat disturbing. It doesn't have any bearing on whether the OP is open-minded or not.
    Yeah, I was thinking that - a case of looking for closed-mindedness when there may not be any. Any parent, even the most liberal one, would still be taken aback to walk in on their son wearing his sister's clothes and the sister putting on his make-up for him. It's not something you'd see every day and being initially shocked by such a sight doesn't mean having a problem with it.
    My nephew opening his Christmas present from his father in front of us all to find an empty box.
    It was horrible. We were all waiting around dying to see what it was. The poor lad was only about 13/14 at the time. His father doesn't believe in Christmas (does the Trocaire fast on the 25/26 Dec every year) and has a skewed sense of humour. We kept waiting for the 'punch line' but there wasn't one.
    That's fukked up - I don't think there's any justification for parents who "don't believe" in Christmas forcing it on their kids. It's a time of year primarily for children and young people - let them make up their minds on it when they're adults. It's just like forcing religion on a kid, something which I've no doubt many of those adults who "don't believe in" Christmas would be appalled by...
    Kudos to the guy too for doing a fast for the starving children in Africa but playing a cruel joke like that on his own kid :-\

• Advertisement

So supposedly eating in the bathroom is more unhygienic than having another object in there with you, and carrying that out of the room without washing that? surely reading on the toilet means whatever you're reading carries the same germs as whatever food you've eaten on the toilet. And ya you don't eat the book, but after you've washed your hands, the germs are still on the book, which you then handle again. And you use your hands for everything... even eating later in the day... so still not getting what the point is meant to be...?

But my original point actually was that I can see how you might consider it disgusting but don't get how it's disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

phill106 wrote: »
    read the post 2 or 3 above mine....

Oops. Damn my skipping through thresds!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sonofflutt

I'm flutterinbantams son. What has been seen cannot be unseen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

seing my mothers unflushed **** or skid marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

'I was in the toilet, minding my own business, eating crisps and my sister walked in on me.... '

Well you see he can't wipe his own arse so thats why I had to walk in on him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I would have to say seeing a (thankfully) distant relative getting butter licked off his "special area" by a family pet while on holiday as a kid :eek:

I still wake up screaming sometimes and that was 20 years ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Listen son, you don't own the rights on doin' the wild thing.
    We go at it hard every night, twice on Sundays.

Your Loving Mother...
    You just ensured a healthy workload for all Phychiatrists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Seen my mother have sex.

/thread
    Sorry, she said you were staying with friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Xerox

I would have to say seeing a (thankfully) distant relative getting butter licked off his "special area" by a family pet while on holiday as a kid :eek:

I still wake up screaming sometimes and that was 20 years ago :(

WTF??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Xerox wrote: »
    WTF??

OP did say 'disturbing' didn't he?

Advertisement