Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pairc Ui Chaoimh re-development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Looks very likely the 2 Ed Sheeran concerts sold out, so nice few bob there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

clerk wrote:
    Looks very likely the 2 Ed Sheeran concerts sold out, so nice few bob there.

Don't think any of the Irish dates are sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

They are all sold out with the exception of one of the Dublin shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

They are now apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Reports that the first game will take place next Sunday, Glen Rovers v CIT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

DEPR702XgAA3wZ7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is that another pitch along side it?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The "Centre of Excellence"

Only full size all-weather GAA pitch in the country don't ya know :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is it flood lit aswell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

With UL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Is it flood lit aswell?
    I'd be shocked if it wasn't - walked past the other day after a gig in the Marquee & it looks huge in fairness. Could easily have two, maybe 3 teams at a stretch working drills out there at once & alternating with gym work.

Will be interesting to hear how it's used

Quintis wrote: »
    With UL
    Maybe the only one owned/operated by the GAA then
    Is it flood lit aswell?
    Yes, have a look at the image zetalambda posted above

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I didnt think it would be as open as it is, if youre coming down through the village and passing down the hill by CAB it loooks like a good setup.

The whole area is mighty impressive now theyve took down the wooden boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Is there a running/walking path around the grounds also - semed to be a narrow path around the perimeter, wondering if it's an additional small thing that could be used for people doing light training, most likely it's for supporters entering/exiting but would be cool to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Out of interest what makes it a full size all weather pitch that other astro pitches arent, as plenty of clubs near me have what appear to be full size all weather pitches. Or if your joking and I just dont get it I apologise.

salmocab wrote: »
    Out of interest what makes it a full size all weather pitch that other astro pitches arent, as plenty of clubs near me have what appear to be full size all weather pitches. Or if your joking and I just dont get it I apologise.
    Ignore me, I was mis-informed

D'Agger wrote: »
    Is there a running/walking path around the grounds also - semed to be a narrow path around the perimeter, wondering if it's an additional small thing that could be used for people doing light training, most likely it's for supporters entering/exiting but would be cool to see.
    There will be public walkways pretty much all around and between the South stand and all-weather pitch. The all-weather pitch is completely fenced off to the public though.
    Also some of the paths form part of the marina park development plan so wont be completed straight away

Theyve worked on knocking the old showground buildings too, a but further up from the Pairc, opposite the marquee as it stands.

Whats going in there, I'm assuming theyre making it a greeenway or a park or something.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theyve worked on knocking the old showground buildings too, a but further up from the Pairc, opposite the marquee as it stands.

Whats going in there, I'm assuming theyre making it a greeenway or a park or something.
    nintchdbpict000118126069.jpg?strip=all&w=960

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

salmocab wrote: »

The one in UL according to them is the same dimensions as the pitch in Croke Park so maybe that's what they mean by full size.

nintchdbpict000118126069.jpg?strip=all&w=960

I was wondering what the deep channel they were digging around the pathway was for. :o

Is the concrete pour for the terraces and the formerly non roofed stand basically an identical copy of the predecessors they knocked or is it even a slightly flatter pitch?

At least no poles in the way which is something i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Confirmed both hurling quarter finals will be in the Pairc.

Clare v Tipp. Saturday 22nd @ 3pm.
    Wexford v Waterford. Sunday 23rd @ 4pm.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Confirmed both hurling quarter finals will be in the Pairc.

Clare v Tipp. Saturday 22nd @ 3pm.
    Wexford v Waterford. Sunday 23rd @ 4pm.
    At least some common sense has prevailed having them on separate days.

Is the concrete pour for the terraces and the formerly non roofed stand basically an identical copy of the predecessors they knocked or is it even a slightly flatter pitch?
    Its the same rake (steep enough for good views) but noticeable a bit taller all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Will Hawk Eye be there on the 22/23rd?
    Could have an interesting controversy, if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭blue note

Limerick would be a far more suitable venue for Clare vs Tipp. Thurles would be closer for Waterford and Wexford and it's far easier to park there and get out of the town after. They should play the games in the most suitable location. If that means that Ed Sheeran is the first big event in PUC then so be it.

Limerick probably deserves another big game this season, but should Thurles host another? 6 or 7 big games already took place there this summer. Under your plan no neutral game would ever be played in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Limerick probably deserves another big game this season, but should Thurles host another? 6 or 7 big games already took place there this summer. Under your plan no neutral game would ever be played in Cork.

Cork and Mayo will be in Limerick. While Cork won't bring anyone, Mayo will bring a decent crowd.

Advertisement