Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bra or not to Bra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

pinkpigs wrote: »
    Ah no there is no chance of them escaping and I use the daisies to cover them up.

It's kinda nice not having to wear a bra, there are some advantages to being on the smaller side.

P.P.

Go for it, It sounds like heaven not to have to wear a bra. I would give myself a black eye if I didnt wear one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have different sized boobs. I would never ever be able to not wear a bra out because wearing a bra helps to conceal the problem to some degree. Its still noticable even with a bra but wearing a bra helps to hide the problem. I also also always wear a bra to bed too. I went to bed once before without and it was too uncomfortable. Out of interest does anybody else have the same problem of different sized breasts.

Same here one smaller than the other the smaller is also a bit sagger.

I went braless in my 20s when my boobs were smaller, now i'm older and had babies their now the same, they are uneaven and a bit saggy i dont go braless now, i went braless just after my last pregnancy and my nipples were faceing down, they perked up a bit after the milk dried up

i wear a sports bra and also sleep in my bra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Why is society so afraid of nipples? Embrace life without bras I say.

Yups.

Go for it, if you can get away with it. I'd love to be able to air the girls, but I'd prolly have my eye out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Go for it, so many people nowadays are too shy to do it! :) As you said they arent saggy or all over the place so go on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

I have small boobs but would always wear a bra on a night out or into town or whatever... not so much if i was just going to a shop, id just throw on a hoody and ya wouldn't notice. Although the part of the reason i wear one is cos i love the feeling of taking it off and putting on jammies at the end of a day :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Go for it, It sounds like heaven not to have to wear a bra. I would give myself a black eye if I didnt wear one!!!

I was about to say this exact thing. I'd love to not always have to wear a bra but I would do serious damage to myself - not to mention that no matter what I was wearing I'd look like a floozy. Sometimes big boobs are a pain. I guess it's a case of the grass is always greener!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

watna wrote: »
    I was about to say this exact thing. I'd love to not always have to wear a bra but I would do serious damage to myself - not to mention that no matter what I was wearing I'd look like a floozy. Sometimes big boobs are a pain. I guess it's a case of the grass is always greener!
    Ah I don't think I'd ever give up my big boobs just so I could go around without a bra on (even though I can only imagine how comfortable it would be). But it is one of those cases, some people who have smaller boobs want bigger ones, and some people who have bigger boobs wish they could be a bit smaller WHEN THEY CAN'T BUY BLOUSES AS THE BUTTONS WON'T CLOSE AAARGH!!! /rant
    I find it hard to buy well fitting dresses too cos I'm always bigger on top than the bottom and have to get things taken in :(
    Men have it great :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Ah yes, not being able to wear blouses or shirts is a delight, isn't it? I had to give up buying anything with buttons down the front too! :)

OP - have you decided whether to bra or not too bra yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

watna wrote: »
    Ah yes, not being able to wear blouses or shirts is a delight, isn't it? I had to give up buying anything with buttons down the front too! :)

What I do is stitch up the inside of the blouse so the buttons under stress are always closed - theres no stretchy gaps that way! And if the top is fitted and not stretchy, i add a little zip under the arm so I can get in and out of the top.

I love buttons, I'd hate to have to give them up :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

terlywerly wrote: »
    Men have it great :rolleyes:

Oh not always. My husband can't ever find trousers with a crotch roomy enough for the zip to stay up. So in this instance it's me who has it great.:cool:

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    Oh not always. My husband can't ever find trousers with a crotch roomy enough for the zip to stay up. So in this instance it's me who has it great.:cool:
    No complaints on your side so ;):D
    My OH complains about tracksuit bottoms and the shape they take! He swears by button fly though, apparently its 'roomier'. I laugh but this is what he claims!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Agh...whoever invented bra size measurements was a moron! I've just taken a dozen different tests online and apparently range from a 38A to a 38DD (DD, wtf is Marks & Sparks smoking?) although I reckon I'm a 36B. I am beginning to vehemently agree with the lady who wrote this rant by now - http://www.lisashea.com/lisabase/breast/calculator.html :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Agh...whoever invented bra size measurements was a moron! I've just taken a dozen different tests online and apparently range from a 38A to a 38DD (DD, wtf is Marks & Sparks smoking?) although I reckon I'm a 36B. I am beginning to vehemently agree with the lady who wrote this rant by now - http://www.lisashea.com/lisabase/breast/calculator.html :)

Well, it would be better if she wasn't talking rubbish in the very first line:
    Bras were undoubtedly created by men to make women "nicer to look at" :)

Meh, I don't think bras were created by men but the calculation method was definitely created by an idiot :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Meh, I don't think bras were created by men but the calculation method was definitely created by an idiot :rolleyes:

Lol yeah, I've never even bothered... best way is to spend a while trying them on!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

oh pinkpigs if you can get away with being braless do it!! i'm 45 and 40DD, I have couple of tops that I can 'get away with' not wearing a bra (prob bad for me) but god does it feel good especially during the hotter weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think it feels awful not to be wearing one - they hurt if they're not supported.

Dudess wrote: »
    I think it feels awful not to be wearing one - they hurt if they're not supported.

I agree, unless you are lying down or in water it's a horrible feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I always wear a bra.

I'm 19 and a 32AA, so am really small, I need a bra to make me look like I've got something.

Plus, imo, it feel's strange not to wear a bra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

If you never had one you would never known,although funny you say that the cave man are actually the ones who invented bras.

cavewoman-01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

iguana wrote: »
    I agree, unless you are lying down or in water it's a horrible feeling.
    And they feel like they're "dragging" - and more vulnerable/tender or something. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be for girls with really huge bazungas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm a D cup so very rarely go without a bra (maybe if I'm just lazing around the house all day). But I have a couple of tops that you really can't wear a bra with, but they're halterneck and have a band under the boobs, so I just tie them really tightly and it holds everything in place just as well as a bra :).

And they feel like they're "dragging" - and more vulnerable/tender or something. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be for girls with really huge bazungas.

I'm a 32FF so I've a decent idea.;) I love 'em, but they do need to be kept in their place.

I spent the morning/afternoon wandering about in my pj's and actually felt so weird without a bra, most mornings I get up and dressed before I leave my room.

Im not even all that big but sitting in the chair I thought they were under my armpits :eek:

Good god, I've never been so happy that I could run up the stairs with no bra on & not knock myself out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

It's nothing to do with age, simply about pertness. If you think they look good and you feel comfortable, go for it, but try and bounce in front of a mirror to see how they look "in motion" just so you don't get any suprises while out.

I would never ever even think of going without a bra, never. Shower and bed are the only outings they get. And even then it's a supportful cami. I'm a 32 D, and have been since I was 12, so bless them they need all the engineering they can get. Also I hate seeing nipple show through. It's all about personal choice.

Anyone else cringe when see women in the wrong sized bra/bra-less but could really do with the support, :confused: ?

Anyone else cringe when see women in the wrong sized bra/bra-less but could really do with the support, :confused: ?
    Oh God yes, it drives me insane!!! Especially when you can see its so clearly needed. I nearly feel like going over and explaining to them how bad it is and directing them to a bra shop!

I have a ex friend like this :eek:

The girl would be about a 44 G IMO, last time I saw her she had a 40F on and there was no wire in it either and by fuck she bounced and nearly knocked herself out :eek:

When she doesn't wear a bra they are hanging down her stomach! I used to avoid looking at her cause this would make me sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

I'd feel completey lost if I went out of the house without a bra. Any my boobs are tiny. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lough_Swan

Bra on for me as much as possible, too much movement and they feel sore if they're let run free.

with my b/f rescently he does not take it off for sex which is a bit strange, he said he prefers them coverded more erotic, :confused:

Advertisement