Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The I.T Crowd - Season 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭rfrederick

Still no Richmond thus far... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Is there rumours of Richmond coming back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

miralize wrote: »
    Yep I believe so :)

Ok, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Is there rumours of Richmond coming back?

I have trawled the interweb and found few rumours and nothing concrete. Considering there is only one ep to go he had better get a move on if he is to return.

It is clear to me that they have run out of ideas, and I wonder if the IT crowd will return for a 5th season. This has been really disappointing for me. I have not seen 04x05 yet, and have heard good things, but it will need to be out of this world and on a par with The Red Door, The Dinner Party and The Work Outing to save the season, and the show in my opinion.

I am also a bit miffed at their being no return(so far) of Richmond, and I was always annoyed at the way in which his departure from the show was handled. A semi-funny one liner was the only reason given. I know the real life reason, but it could have been handled in a much better way. They even could have had Richmond calling in sick to say he had scurvy, or leaving a phone message on the answering machine. It just seemed lazy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

syklops wrote: »
    and I wonder if the IT crowd will return for a 5th season.
    It was renewed for a 5th season before the 4th aired!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a221914/the-it-crowd-renewed-for-fifth-series.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

Well Graham Linehan is not the kind to agree to do more if he's run out of ideas. When everyone was calling for more Ted at the end of it's run, Linehan has said that there would be no more because they would only come up with rehashes of what had gone before. I wish they'd bring back Black Books if only for a once off special, now there was a series that was cut out before it's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

briany wrote: »
    Well Graham Linehan is not the kind to agree to do more if he's run out of ideas. When everyone was calling for more Ted at the end of it's run, Linehan has said that there would be no more because they would only come up with rehashes of what had gone before.

Easy to say when Ted died.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

Stark wrote: »
    Easy to say when Ted died.

Yes, but I'm just going on what he said in an interview of his. The thing about Father Ted was that the story arc of the series had been nicely concluded by the time the show ended so it can be assumed that they meant to leave it there in large part, maybe a christmas special somewhere down the line if Morgan had lived?

briany wrote: »
    Well Graham Linehan is not the kind to agree to do more if he's run out of ideas.
    Actually he's apparently passing off most of the writing to a group of writers for the fifth season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I seem to be in minority here, but I did not enjoy this weeks episode at all. It was the poorest of series i thought!!
    Again opposed to most opinion here i loved last weeks, thought it was great!!
    My brother agreed with me anyway, seems nobody else will!!

Great show tho, delighted there will be a new series!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

These are episode that need more than one viewing to appreciate that they are good. Episode 4 and 5 are pretty good and I am going to watch them again to see if I can find any good quotes like saying "flipping" a lot in the opening scene in episode 4.
    Edit: Episode 5 not episode 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Didnt enjoy this weeks episode, not sure if i'll be that bothered if i miss the next one

efb wrote: »
    Didnt enjoy this weeks episode, not sure if i'll be that bothered if i miss the next one

I didnt enjoy this weeks episode either. Moss shop lifting was a bit unbelievable. The bit with the robot was funny.
    Moss:What Operating system does it run?
    Bomb Squaddie: Vista.
    Moss: We are going to die!!

Unfortunately, I think it was the only laugh out loud moment for me. The rest was a redo of old gags. Have you tried turning it off and on again? There are only so many times you can hear that before it stops being funny. It woud have been funnier in my opinion if there had not been the build up of him having the bet with Jen about saying it, because the second the bomb squaddie said he was having a problem with the robot I knew thats what he was going to say.

We talked earlier in the thread about Moss and Roy almost swapping personalities. Is it not more like Moss to be the one who cant move in fear of the bomb? Does it not seem to anyone else that that is a more believable trait for him, as opposed to Roy?

I will watch this episode again, like I watched the others so maybe there was some gag I missed, but it was another sad disappointment for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We talked earlier in the thread about Moss and Roy almost swapping personalities. Is it not more like Moss to be the one who cant move in fear of the bomb? Does it not seem to anyone else that that is a more believable trait for him, as opposed to Roy?

That was explained earlier in the episode when it came up that Roy was afraid of balloons because they explode.

That was explained earlier in the episode when it came up that Roy was afraid of balloons because they explode.

But Roy didnt know there was a balloon in the bag. He thought it was a bomb.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Don't think so. It was always more like Moss to be oblivious to things and Roy to be the nervous type. Remember when there was a fire in the office and Moss didn't even notice?

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

But Roy didnt know there was a balloon in the bag. He thought it was a bomb.

:confused:
    And what do bombs do?

Stark wrote: »
    Don't think so. It was always more like Moss to be oblivious to things and Roy to be the nervous type. Remember when there was a fire in the office and Moss didn't even notice?

Do you really think that Roy is more nervous than Moss?

The first 5 minutes of Episode 5 was Moss being nervous about being late for work, and then being nervous about bunking off. Flip side was, Roy going "I dont care if we're late", "Lets bunk off etc".

In the scene with the fire, Roy tried to go and deal with the fire, only couldn't because the extinguisher was made in Britain. :rolleyes:

Moss didnt see the fire, and then when he did, he panicked and sent an email:

Fire - Exclamation mark Exclamation mark Exclamation mark
    Danger - Exclamation mark Exclamation mark Exclamation mark.

Moss oblivious to things??? Was he oblivious to his bullies?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

He had a ruddy gun!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

In the scene with the fire, Roy tried to go and deal with the fire, only couldn't because the extinguisher was made in Britain. :rolleyes:

that was moss..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I know this is about Season 4, but i ain't starting another thread!

Anyone seen the US Pilot which was never aired? No?
    Well it popped up on the You Tubes! Ayoade stays on as Moss. Joel McHale from Community as Roy and i don't know the others really.

It's just a remake of the first episode, except they take out the 2 best jokes ("The A Team" and "Hello Computer")

If you're a fan of The IT Crowd, be prepared to feel like your pet puppy has just been slaughtered in front of your eyes!

that was moss..

Just rewatched that episode and your right it was Moss who tried to deal with the fire and fire extinguisher.

Obviously no-one else agrees with me and I am sick of one line responses from people.

/unsubscribes from thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just rewatched that episode and your right it was Moss who tried to deal with the fire and fire extinguisher.

Obviously no-one else agrees with me and I am sick of one line responses from people.

/unsubscribes from thread.

Thats a bit infantile...

Your taking this show much too seriously... its all just a bit of fun, and you have to look at a show like this in that fashion..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I read it as:

/throws toys out of pram.

It's a discussion forum.. we're discussing it like adults, and it is a comedy at the end of the day!

If you want someone to agree with you without question:

Churchill_Dog.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't think "The IT Crowd" ever tries to pretend that the writers or actors are knowledgeable about "Internet Things". The series and the characters aren't part of a normative comedy series, rather the series generally relies on the surreal. Something that the casting directors are aware of e.g. the casting of Chris Morris as Denholm (as you can see Rocky Carroll doesn't quiet work, but then I would think you really need to re-write large parts of scripts e.g. That 70's Show didn't work in the UK, mainly because they try to protest a Royal Family rather than rewritting it towards the Prime Minster :rolleyes: ).

The other show (which I won't mention, but give a guess) from the US is stilled due to the number of shows each season and its normative leanings and its need to be right hence forgoing any scene of humour that might come from some mis-information. Kind of like if there was an american version of Fr. Ted where Dogual is the most knowledgeable about Religion and Ted has a Doctorate in Theology, it just wouldn't be very funny.

While many might complain about the character of Moss and other minor details. Lets face it, are we even supposed to believe that either owners of Reynholm industries would be able for the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Read this today and immediately thought of Roy's "The Elders of the Internet"

Link
    You may have heard the rumor that swirled briefly last month about an Internet “kill switch” that could power down the Web in the case of a critical cyber attack. Those rumors turned out to be largely overblown, but it turns out there are now seven individuals out there holding keys to the Internet. In the aftermath of a cataclysmic cyber attack, these members of a “chain of trust” will be responsible for rebooting the Web.

The seven members of this holy order of cyber security hail from around the world and recently received their keys while locked deep in a U.S. bunker. But the team isn’t military in nature. The Internet safety program is overseen by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), a non-profit watchdog group that has access to a security system designed to protect users from cyber fraud and cyber attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Conor108 wrote: »
    Read this today and immediately thought of Roy's "The Elders of the Internet"

Link

How does the Internet "reboot" exactly, considering the Internet is just the connection between my computer and yours.... and everyone elses?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    How does the Internet "reboot" exactly, considering the Internet is just the connection between my computer and yours.... and everyone elses?
    On top of that how do you qualify the root zone's DNSSEC private key divided into seven parts as the "Keys to the Internet?" Heck, not all of the TLDs have been signed, DNSSEC is not widely used yet, and you could still get where you really wanted to go by IP address. If anything they're the keys to the DNSSEC hierarchy.

To me it seems PopSci's just looking for a few extra page hits this week.

EDIT: Sounds like it's actually the root zone's revocation key divided into seven parts, so that the root zone's DNSSEC keypair can be revoked in the event the private key is compromised. Doesn't diminish the sensationalism though.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anyone seen the US Pilot which was never aired? No? Well it popped up on the You Tubes! Ayoade stays on as Moss. Joel McHale from Community as Roy and i don't know the others really.
    Gad, that's awful! All of the humour seems very forced. I'm glad it didn't get past the pilot; I can only think that the US version would've been absolutely horrid if it had been given the nod.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Last one tonight. Here's hoping they finish with a bang, not a whimper.

Advertisement