Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The I.T Crowd - Season 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Good morning, thats a nice tnettenba. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

anyone got a link to the latest episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

mink_man wrote: »

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-it-crowd/4od#3083912

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mink_man wrote: »
    Here you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I dunno, the latest one just didn't do a lot for me. Douglas, as usual, stole the show but Jen and Roy's stories weren't all that great. Still, good laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The courtroom scene had me in stitches. Sticking the face on the bum:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

This season so far doesn't seem as good as the last few. More Douglas and Roy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Really disapointed so far, half way in & two duds & one with promise. I'd rather they killed it off at season three rather than sully it with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Pretty weak episode. Thank god for Matt Berry. When will this man get his own show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

I don't know if anyone has read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but I think Matt Berry (to me in my head) is Zaphod Beeblebrox. I hope to god they remake the movie of the book and have Matt as Zaphod. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't know if anyone has read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but I think Matt Berry (to me in my head) is Zaphod Beeblebrox. I hope to god they remake the movie of the book and have Matt as Zaphod. :D

He'd be fantastic in that role actually...

Any Matt Berry fans, who haven't seen any of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace - both Matt Berry and Richard Ayoade are in it and its a great show... Only lasted 6 episodes, but its fantastic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

He'd be fantastic in that role actually...

Any Matt Berry fans, who haven't seen any of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace - both Matt Berry and Richard Ayoade are in it and its a great show... Only lasted 6 episodes, but its fantastic...

How could one be a Matt Berry fan without having seen that? Dr. Lucien Sanchez is a legend.

amacachi wrote: »
    How could one be a Matt Berry fan without having seen that? Dr. Lucien Sanchez is a legend.

You'd be surprised at how many people claim to be Berry fans and never have even heard of Darkplace...
    Completely agree - Dr. Lucien Sanchez is brilliant...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

phasers wrote: »
    The last clip with the dogs was priceless! :D

Matt Berry is an utter legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

I love the new series. It has got progressively better throughout each series. I disliked it initially because it was premised on something that just didn't make any sense - that the IT people were the thick ones and the other users were brighter.

That was slowly reversed to the universal truth that IT folks are superior....:)

I loved the street countdown thing. It so put the pomposity of The Matrix in its place. I'm just waiting for an episode on the iPad...:)

However, still can't understand why Gary Numan wasn't asked to write a proper theme tune. The current one is a lame takeoff of the Moog hookline from Tubeway Army's 'Are Friends Electric?' Still, we live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hmmm...Have to say that I still love the theme tune :)

Enjoyed the last two episodes for different reasons. First one was decent but certainly not a highlight.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Jesus, am I the only one who thought that 3rd episode was the biggest pile of shìt? Completely not an I.T. Crowd episode!

Honestly, it's like they got a German amateur comic editor to cut it up. The jokes were forced and really unfunny to the point where you felt like they were floggin a dead horse's skeleton!! The "situational" jokes were all over the place to the point where it felt like a pathetic attempt at a rubbish Family Guy joke!

Again, Matt Berry was the show's only saving grace, this guy should be having his own show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I must be one of the few people who thought that even Berry wasn't much good in this episode.

"I'm going to stand here, shout my lines, and maybe wave my arms."

• Advertisement

"I'm going to stand here, shout my lines, and maybe wave my arms."

And what may I ask is the problem with that? Isn't that why Berry is so brilliant?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭rfrederick

I must be one of the few people who thought that even Berry wasn't much good in this episode.
    I have to say the same. I was sorely disappointed in this episode, quite a letdown for me. I hope this isn't an indicator of the direction the rest of this series' episodes will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

And what may I ask is the problem with that? Isn't that why Berry is so brilliant?

You could say George Hook is "brilliant" for the same reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

That in itself is not enough to be "brilliant".

He can be great when called upon, but this was a waste in all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

uvox wrote: »
    I love the new series. It has got progressively better throughout each series. I disliked it initially because it was premised on something that just didn't make any sense - that the IT people were the thick ones and the other users were brighter.

That was slowly reversed to the universal truth that IT folks are superior....:)

I loved the street countdown thing. It so put the pomposity of The Matrix in its place. I'm just waiting for an episode on the iPad...:)

However, still can't understand why Gary Numan wasn't asked to write a proper theme tune. The current one is a lame takeoff of the Moog hookline from Tubeway Army's 'Are Friends Electric?' Still, we live in hope.

I think you and I are watching different series. I laughed a grand total of once during episode 2. The window cleaning storyline was just unfunny. I am also finding Jen boring.

Is there no sign of Richmond in this series? I have not seen the 3rd episode yet does he make an appearance?

Im very disappointed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

syklops wrote: »
    Is there no sign of Richmond in this series? I have not seen the 3rd episode yet does he make an appearance?

Don't know if he has recovered from scurvy yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm liking this series. The first episode was good, the second was BRILLIANT, and the third was... watchable? Especially after hearing that the ending had to be changed last minute.

They could remove Jen and I wouldn't notice tbh, she is complete dead weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The third episode was pretty damm awful imho. Apart from the Matt Berry's opening gag the rest of the episode was ****ing awful. Why is so much screen time being wasting on Jen when's she's been the worst character on the show since day 1 :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just saw in the writer's Twitter, that whole episode had to be rewritten at the last minute because it was far too long. Moss was actually supposed to turn out as manager of the band.

Apparently the only scene that stuck through thr rewrite was the court scene. Kinda explains why it was so shyte :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I think The IT Crowd is running out of steam, don't know if it will last another series after this one.

I see similarities with Father Ted, where the third series became increasingly surreal as Graham Linehan admitted he and Arthur Mathews were running out of plot ideas.

Advertisement