Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert History Exam 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭katiemce

pffft they were ogham stones not standing stones...there is a difference!!!

Oh yeah, big difference!! Well I said Ogham for the first answer!! So there! :P and why would I care, I hate 1st yr history with a passion!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭katiemce

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Yes as someone has already pointed out:D

hahaha i only seen this there so I was the 3rd person to point it out!! Go me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

katiemce wrote: »
    Oh yeah, big difference!! Well I said Ogham for the first answer!! So there! :P and why would I care, I hate 1st yr history with a passion!! :D

I just hate History in general! It's all...old!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

DylanS09 wrote: »
    I just hate History in general! It's all...old!:pac:

no way really?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

for me it was a toss up between the Tara Brooch and the Ardagh Chalice...I put the chalice but the brooch was right >.< oh well, 2 marks xD
    Tara Brooch was wrong as well so no need to be kicking yourself. They are both Early Christian as well. Celtic included La Tene Swirls and Ornate Brooches and Jewellery (not the Tara Brooch)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

My bro said there was a tough short question about young girls in Nazi Germany as part of the Hitler Youth regime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

K4t wrote: »
    My bro said there was a tough short question about young girls in Nazi Germany as part of the Hitler Youth regime?

Yeah it was like "Young people in Germany joined Hitler Youth,young German girls joined League..?"

Or something like that,had no idea what it was!

EDIT:Just googled,it was called The League of German Girls,damn :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 coolyourjets

For the renaissance question wat wer the two patrons of the arts I said lorenzo de medici and florence de medici:confused:

For the renaissance question wat wer the two patrons of the arts I said lorenzo de medici and florence de medici:confused:

I said Leo de Medici and Pope Leo X..but dunno about Leo X,de Medici was definately one anyways.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

It was the League of Maidens :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

Did anyone else notice that Picture B1 on the sources paper looked nothing like a "manor house"? It was more like one of those celtic farm/residence things that they usually show.. Hmm.. Didn't want to bring it to the superintendent's attention though. Could've been wrong. And I was the first in my centre to point out the major business cashflow error (which I am still disgusted by..:mad:)...

storm2811 wrote: »
    I said Leo de Medici and Pope Leo X..but dunno about Leo X,de Medici was definately one anyways.

Crap, said Leo XVI, not even sure if there was one of them :pac: But the pope was definately one as he paid Michaelangelo for this Sistine Chapel and the Pieta (not sure on the Pieta actually)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭toadpenguin

I said de Medici and Ludovico Sforza for the patrons, but I dunno if Sforza was actually a patron or if he just ruled Milan. I remember something about da Vinci asking him for work.

For the people in history part B I wrote about Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crisis, but I wasn't sure of the Russian leader's name so I just called him "the Soviet leader" :pac:. Was it Khruschev or Gorbachev?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Gentlemanne

I said Cosmo de Medici and Lorenzo de Medici

Easy to remember because they have the last name and how can you forget a name like Cosmo haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dearbhaile.

paper was easy enough:) i was delighted! what was the purpose of the common in the pictures? and what did ye say the people involved in the riot were trying to do?like for the famine picture..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I said de Medici and Ludovico Sforza for the patrons, but I dunno if Sforza was actually a patron or if he just ruled Milan. I remember something about da Vinci asking him for work.
    I said Lorenzo de Medici and I said Sforza of Milan. I didn't know his name but he was definitely da Vinci's patron for a while. I also mentioned "The Pope". I had thought of Leo X but I wasn't sure whether he was a patron or from the Reformation so I used the general term "The Pope"
    :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

kevin12345 wrote: »

When ya click it, it says theyre also known as the League of German Maidens :)
    First line, in bold :pac:

For the people in history part B I wrote about Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crisis, but I wasn't sure of the Russian leader's name so I just called him "the Soviet leader" :pac:. Was it Khruschev or Gorbachev?

I wrote the same!:pac:
    Well it goes like this with the Soviet leaders,bald,hair,bald,hair...and so on,not that it helps you remember the names much,just that they had hair or not.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I said Lorenzo de Medici and I said Sforza of Milan. I didn't know his name but he was definitely da Vinci's patron for a while. I also mentioned "The Pope". I had thought of Leo X but I wasn't sure whether he was a patron or from the Reformation so I used the general term "The Pope"
    :D

Wait do you think you'd get marks for the Pope? I said that it was the biggest guess ever cause we only done Lorenzo... Yay if we do! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

deise_girl wrote: »
    I just reafthe title and saw i was right so i left it at that :D my bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

I wrote the same!:pac:
    Well it goes like this with the Soviet leaders,bald,hair,bald,hair...and so on,not that it helps you remember the names much,just that they had hair or not.:pac:

Whatwhatwhat? Was it not Stalin who had all the stuff to do with the Berlin Blockade?
    Oh wait...are you even talking about the blockade...?
    :confused:

Easy to remember because they have the last name and how can you forget a name like Cosmo haha

I said the de Medici family and didn't get another!?! Wtf did I not think of splitting it up!?! :mad:

Whatwhatwhat? Was it not Stalin who had all the stuff to do with the Berlin Blockade?
    Oh wait...are you even talking about the blockade...?
    :confused:

What?

I'm on about the soviet leaders having hair or not!:pac:
    Before that I was on about the Cuban missile crisis?

What?

I'm on about the soviet leaders having hair or not!:pac:
    Before that I was on about the Cuban missile crisis?

Ahhhh, right. Sorry! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AoifeO.o

I just thought there was only the hitler youth club. We didnt do the maden thing!!
    Cuban missile crisis is JFK and Fidel Castro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

AoifeO.o wrote: »
    I just thought there was only the hitler youth club. We didnt do the maden thing!!
    Cuban missile crisis is JFK and Fidel Castro

would have said gorbachev as castro was gorbachevs communist bitch!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 coolyourjets

paper was easy enough:) i was delighted! what was the purpose of the common in the pictures? and what did ye say the people involved in the riot were trying to do?like for the famine picture..:P

I said the ogham stone was for marking a man's territory and the people in the picture were trying to break into the bakery:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

deise_girl wrote: »

i just totally guessed that...............OMG!!!!:eek::eek::eek::D:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Went with Cosimo too. Guessed Julius II for my second guy, but thinking back... Wasn't he around in the twelfth century? Woops :( Great question though. Most of my work for history went into the Renaissance so I'm very pleased it came up.

Advertisement