Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert History Exam 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

it was ok!
    long q's and source E - part 3 wasnt great but i did my best!

i did the exact same people in history's to what i did in my mocks.. washington and archaeologist - coicidence? :P

sucks for the people who will have to do Ind. Revolutions next year probably :D
    :eek: i've just realised i'll never have to do History again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Lovely paper.

Came out feeling much better than I did going in.

Please quote me

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

deise_girl wrote: »
    I love you boards and your predictions <3

i hear that!

i hear that!
    I haven't used any predictions at all so far to stop me from only concentrating on one section of the course in case the prediction is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

That was good, apart from Q5 C. My essay predictions came up! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 youngcardinal

That paper was so so nice! I was grinning like an eejit when I flicked through it and I even had extra time to do another q6 :P
    I was sh*tting it going into it cos I did so bad in my pre mocks & mocks but I'd say I got a B in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Explorations? Cold War? Plantations? 1916? Economic War? Battle of Britain? Operation Overlord?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

<3. really like the mock paper.

kevin12345 wrote: »
    sucks for the people who will have to do Ind. Revolutions next year probably :D
    :eek: i've just realised i'll never have to do History again :D
    It's a great feeling :p Industrial Rev. is a fine Q, same stuff they ask.

I loved the paper overall, flicked throught to essays and had 4 prepared that I predicted :) Disappointed that reformer didn't come up though. I probably should've done the Mexico and Peru for Explorations but I did Portugal's achievements :rolleyes: Ah well. Did Q6, A,B and C :D
    Hoped for a C overall since I'm dropping it, will be disappointed with less than an A since all questions were so kind to my predictions :cool:

It's a great feeling :p Industrial Rev. is a fine Q, same stuff they ask.

I loved the paper overall, flicked throught to essays and had 4 prepared that I predicted :) Disappointed that reformer didn't come up though. I probably should've done the Mexico and Peru for Explorations but I did Portugal's achievements :rolleyes: Ah well. Did Q6, A,B and C :D
    Hoped for a C overall since I'm dropping it, will be disappointed with less than an A since all questions were so kind to my predictions :cool:

wasn't it either or :o I hope so because I only did Pizarro :o

Crap! I wrote how Cortes killed the Aztecs because they told him they had no gold. I've just looked on google and apparently they had loads.

I also guessed Josef Fritzel for a question on 6D. Just searched on Google to see if I awas right, oh dear..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

DKZ wrote: »
    Crap! I wrote how Cortes killed the Aztecs because they told him they had no gold. I've just looked on google and apparently they had loads.

I also guessed Josef Fritzel for a question on 6D. Just searched on Google to see if I awas right, oh dear..

Wasn't Fritzel that guy who locked his children up under the stairs? and went to jail for it like 2 years ago??

haha :D it's Josef Stalin btw :p

DylanS09 wrote: »
    Wasn't Fritzel that guy who locked his children up under the stairs? and went to jail for it like 2 years ago??

Yes... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

Lmao, same!
    Josef Stalin :pac:

Great minds think alike ;)

Yes... :(

Oh dear God...

Oh dear God...

SURELY they knew loads of people who didn't know the correct answer would write that :pac: Ah sure you'll give them a laugh

It could have been :p I didn't pay much attention to it as the Portugal answer is what I prepared. My history teacher said Q5 c was grand cause it had Mexico and Peru, he must have been wrong so ;)
    In that case or an either or, I'm happy with the achievements because no way I'm getting 5 points on them :o

It could have been :p I didn't pay much attention to it as the Portugal answer is what I prepared. My history teacher said Q5 c was grand cause it had Mexico and Peru, he must have been wrong so ;)
    In that case or an either or, I'm happy with the achievements because no way I'm getting 5 points on them :o

Just looked it up on examinations.ie it was or :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Lmao, same!
    Josef Stalin :pac:

Great minds think alike ;)

It was actually josef goebles

It was actually josef goebles

Ah sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

HAHAHA! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fionaxoxox

but u have cousre work 2 go with it.only has to be a few A4 pages long nd is worth about 20%.my hist teacher said that you dont learn much more.u just build on what u have learned.like go more in depth into different subjects.

I literally just finished my Leaving Cert History paper...and believe me it is not easy!
    I got an A in my junior cert and I won the overall history award in my school. So is fair enough to say that I am one of the better students. I love history but the course is VERY long and you need to commit to it fully. It is not easy to get points and it is an exam where you cannot "waffle". In the actual exam you've to write 3 essays (Around 6 pages each) with exactly 42.5 minutes and a documents Q with a mini essay.

Not a walk in the park. Only do it if you love history and are willing to commit!!

:D

Hope it helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

It was mexico OR Peru, just checked!
    I just wrote Cortes:D
    Overall, I thought that paper was a doss. I'm pretty sure I got an A
    :D

Will I get docked for calling Cortés Cortéz?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Nope!

Jackobyte wrote: »

I highly doubt it :)

Jackobyte wrote: »

You know I'd be surprised if the examiner will even pass you over such a big mistake like that!:pac:

Nah you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

that was grand:) i did 6A and one of the two i did was architecture and i was talking about how they used to used gothic architecture, slender columns etc and i called those yokes they used to keep walls up "flying butters" because i couldnt spell it properly:L:L:L

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

What does this mean squadristi?
    I said the meaning of squads:D

• Advertisement

RML wrote: »
    What does this mean squadristi?
    I said the meaning of squads:D

His followers, the blackshirts

Advertisement