Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert History Exam 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

I made a complete mess of this paper....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I made a complete mess of this paper....

You're not the only one.
    My sister (I should really get her to reuse her old account!) named the guy in her people in history question during the korean war wrong!
    And she didn't even talk about him, only the actual war :P
    Then she did the social changes question on q6 and y'know that question. You just completely bull your way through it.

But unlike me last year (i wanted to pass!), she's prepared for a C :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

:O
    I forgot to name a person for the archaeologist. I just said what they did :/
    Oops...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

deise_girl wrote: »
    Oops...

You didnt have to name him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

You're not the only one.
    My sister (I should really get her to reuse her old account!) named the guy in her people in history question during the korean war wrong!
    And she didn't even talk about him, only the actual war :P
    Then she did the social changes question on q6 and y'know that question. You just completely bull your way through it.

But unlike me last year (i wanted to pass!), she's prepared for a C :)

I did the social change question as well! It was fairly easy....but yeah, completely bulled my way through it!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

deise_girl wrote: »
    Oops...

lol :D
    You don't learn about a specific archaeologist so no names are needed as someone said above.

Chill Pill? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

lol :D
    You don't learn about a specific archaeologist so no names are needed as someone said above.

Chill Pill? :)

That makes sense -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 schtroumpf94

kevin12345 wrote: »
    haha :D it's Josef Stalin btw :p

It's Josef Goebbels xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Jack Groarke

:eek: I said kruschev was the leader of the soviet union during the berlin blockade but it was actually stalin...
    How man marks would i lose, because i wrote lyk a page on it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

It's Josef Goebbels xD

Yes as someone has already pointed out:D

• Advertisement

Wow I was freaking out for History but that was really easy!

Pictures - What was an achievement of the Celts? I guessed the Ardagh Chalice xD

Documents - no problems

SAQs - Fine, answered 17 of them ^_^

People in History - Settler on Ulster Plantation and Wolfe Tone :)

Explorations - So relieved this came up! And I freaked at the Portuguese question at first but then all the Henry the Navigator, Diaz, Magellan and da Gama stuff came to me and I got about a page for it :l

Q6 - Did Irish History - matching!! and the Easter Rising and the Anglo-Irish Treaty were great 10 mark qs. Also did European history...it was definitely Josef Goebbels :P Battle of Britain and Holocaust were easy enough too :)

Overall really happy with this paper - I was terrified, but I'm pretty confident of an A now ^_^

Wow I was freaking out for History but that was really easy!

Pictures - What was an achievement of the Celts? I guessed the Ardagh Chalice xD

Documents - no problems

SAQs - Fine, answered 17 of them ^_^

People in History - Settler on Ulster Plantation and Wolfe Tone :)

Explorations - So relieved this came up! And I freaked at the Portuguese question at first but then all the Henry the Navigator, Diaz, Magellan and da Gama stuff came to me and I got about a page for it :l

Q6 - Did Irish History - matching!! and the Easter Rising and the Anglo-Irish Treaty were great 10 mark qs. Also did European history...it was definitely Josef Goebbels :P Battle of Britain and Holocaust were easy enough too :)

Overall really happy with this paper - I was terrified, but I'm pretty confident of an A now ^_^

Rub my shítness in why dont you.:);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Will I get docked for calling Cortés Cortéz?

That'll be an instant fail tbh. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Niamh R

I've no doubt in my mind that I failed that exam, didn't answer enough to pass, hated that and thought it was the worst by far. But the feeling of never having to do history again is greaaattt. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'd say I scraped a B. I didn't study History enough, its my own fault. I could've easily gotten an A if I'd prepared a few more topics better. Pretty annoyed that the Renaissance only came up in Q.6 and even at that didn't allow me to show off how much I knew about Durer and Da Vinci. The Renaissance and The Reformation are the only two things I know really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Wow I was freaking out for History but that was really easy!Same

Pictures - What was an achievement of the Celts? I guessed the Ardagh Chalice xD I said La Tene Swirls for an artistic achievement

Documents - no problems

SAQs - Fine, answered 17 of them ^_^ I did 16, Sure 14 of them are right

People in History - Settler on Ulster Plantation and Wolfe Tone :)Settler in Ulster Plantation and Maximillius Robespierre

Explorations - So relieved this came up! And I freaked at the Portuguese question at first but then all the Henry the Navigator, Diaz, Magellan and da Gama stuff came to me and I got about a page for it :lI did a page on Cortés conquest of the Aztecs

Q6 - Did Irish History - matching!! and the Easter Rising and the Anglo-Irish Treaty were great 10 mark qs. Also did European history...it was definitely Josef Goebbels :P Battle of Britain and Holocaust were easy enough too :)I did A and C. For A iv) part, I answered a half page on three of them. For Ciii) I did the 1916 rising (1 page) and The Economic War (3/4 page)

Overall really happy with this paper - I was terrified, but I'm pretty confident of an A now ^_^Same! Woo!
    ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

id say i got an A!! pretty easy exam!!

I hate you all.pfffft what do i need an A for.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KerBear_x

I thought the paper was pretty good...mixed up the conquisators on question five but hopefully i wont lose that many marks ?
    i was finished really early was anyone else ?

finito at about 4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

finito at about 4.

same!! and i did 3 parts of question 6!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

I guessed the ardagh chalice too.. i also put book of keels just to be safe.

Would ya lose marks if ya put 2 answers down when they ask for ONE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭katiemce

kevin12345 wrote: »
    haha :D it's Josef Stalin btw :p

No its Josef Goebbels, Hitler's minister for propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭katiemce

What did you guys say the standing stones were used for?? I said a type of calender?? But im 99% certain it's wrong

katiemce wrote: »
    What did you guys say the standing stones were used for?? I said a type of calender?? But im 99% certain it's wrong

I put down:
    Archeolgists (sp?) think that one of the uses for standing stones was to mark the place of a grave..
    Or something like that! I hope it's right!

pffft they were ogham stones not standing stones...there is a difference!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I guessed the ardagh chalice too.. i also put book of keels just to be safe.

Would ya lose marks if ya put 2 answers down when they ask for ONE?
    I think both of them are wrong. They are both Early Christian Ireland, not Celtic Ireland.

pffft they were ogham stones not standing stones...there is a difference!!!

They're the same thing no??
    The writing on standing stones is Ogham?:confused:

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I think both of them are wrong. They are both Early Christian Ireland, not Celtic Ireland.

for me it was a toss up between the Tara Brooch and the Ardagh Chalice...I put the chalice but the brooch was right >.< oh well, 2 marks xD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Oh god,I just realised how bad I did in this exam,wish I studied now.

What were those stones for?(the writing is called ohm right?RIGHT!?)
    I wrote jewelry as an achievment for the celts :(
    For the Hitler propaganda I couldn't think of any Joseph but Stalin or Mengele,never even heard of the proper guy before!
    Wrote loads on the holocaust question though.
    How long were your answers,I wrote about a page/page and a half and about half a page for some I wasn't 100% on.

Crap.:(
    History's my fave subject *sigh*.
    I loved the mock paper!

Advertisement