Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2010 - WWE releases Bryan Danielson (Zombie bump)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

sure it's a different poll answer now than it was when the news first broke. The more information is out, the more likely it is that it's real.

It's looking like WWE are actually knee-jerking retards. Surely an injury angle on RAW (say the Pros barricading the NXT crowd in, ganging up on and injuring Danielson) and firing/suspending Danielson Tuesday morning would be much more beneficial for all. Why not a fine or a caution?

Surely they could've asked Mattel to let him stay on for one more show to write him out of the script instead of immediately ruining their best angle in many years.

You could argue that Danielson's technically the leader of the NXT because he was fired and so doesn't kayfabe have a job. Barrett does. Why would Barrett help the NXT guys out? Anyway, it's a moot point, it seems WWE are retards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Unless this is a huge swerve I think WWE have dropped the ball on this NXT invasion angle already. One of the main figures released cuts the legs off IMO. I hope they realise what a stupid call they've made.

I think Danielson will be as popular as ever on the indies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

So they have gone from being praised by the internet to being hated by them again in less than a week. Well done WWE. Not that they give a poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Not sure why he couldn't have been suspended if they were really that upset. It's very surprising if they fired him straight off even from a contract law point of view. Maybe they paid him a load of cash with an assurance they'll take him back at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

- Dave Meltzer is reporting that Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) is seeking independent bookings. He apparently was given the impression that the sides could do business again somewhere down the road.

• Advertisement

Mad that one act meant he had to go. By the sounds of things they don't want him going to the competition. Hopefully he'll be back in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Michael Cole's Twitter is saying that he's taken full responsibility for Daniel Bryan's sacking.

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    Michael Cole's Twitter is saying that he's taken full responsibility for Daniel Bryan's sacking.

He has a twitter?? Thought he hated the internet

EDIT: found it - http://twitter.com/WWEMichaelCole

More than likely a work if that's the case

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Wow. I gave up on WWE ever since they changed to PG garbage mode. The NXT angle got me seriously interested again. Finally something a little more edgy...and now this.

This is going one of two ways.

1) This is legit, in which case the WWE have shot themselves in the foot big time.

2) It's a work to get Danielson out of the NXT angle. It seems to be going the way of Barrett and cronies vs Cena and Danielson is simply too good to be one of the cronies in all this.

If this is indeed a reaction to a complaint by Mattel, it'd be highly ironic. The kids watch WWE PG, then play Smackdown vs Raw and hammer each other with chairs, barbed wire etc while spilling gallons of blood.

If I was Dixie Carter, I'd snap him up in a heartbeat. Danielson has provenm to be a complete package. There never was any doubt regarding his wrestling ability, and his mic work has been super.

Michal Cole accepting full responsibility makes me think this is a giant work, and if it is, WWE may have drawn me back in, if its just for this story alone.

Dave Meltzer has said if it's a work, they're working their office which would be crazy as lying to their staff would cause morale to go down the toilet. It could all be a work of course.

Said the difference between this and any other violent thing they've done at PG was a sponsor complained about this one and none of the others, and who ever it was who complained is important enough to them that they had to do something to appease them. Said it wasn't Mattel though

• Advertisement

To quote Meltzer:

"I don't want to talk to much about, and Bryan knows what it is.

There is a situation going on with somebody who is a hell of a lot bigger talent in that company than Bryan Danielson.

It's so much more insane than this that it would boggle your mind, and I'll just leave it at that."

To quote Meltzer:

There is a situation going on with somebody who is a hell of a lot bigger talent in that company than Bryan Danielson.

It's so much more insane than this that it would boggle your mind, and I'll just leave it at that."

Ah FFS, their playing the internet wrestling community:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

To quote Meltzer:

what does that mean ?

What a bloody tease that Meltzer is.

I'm now assuming that the firing is legit. Anyone else think that Danielson will NOT be going to TNA? Surely WWE will have him back in a few months when the idiot sponsor chills the f out.

I'm curious myself.

chordtype wrote: »
    What a bloody tease that Meltzer is.

I'm now assuming that the firing is legit. Anyone else think that Danielson will NOT be going to TNA? Surely WWE will have him back in a few months when the idiot sponsor chills the f out.

Doesn't the 90-day no compete clause come in?

Source
    We have just received information that Paul Levesque (Triple H) may have been the one responsible for Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) being released from WWE. We do not know exactly the reasons behind this course of action but will update you later today once we find out more.

We can now confirm that our earlier info on Triple H being responsible for the firing of Bryan Danielson is indeed correct. Our source tells us that while watching Justin Roberts being choked by his own tie Triple H’s children became frightened and burst into tears.

Despite the incident being planned as part of the NXT rookie invasion, the sight of his children’s tears drove Triple H to action. The next day, Triple H confronted Danielson during the Smackdown! tapings and the two had to be torn away from each other. Triple H put a stop to another invasion that was planned for SD for fear of further scaring his kids and them having sleepless nights which would “ruin his weekend” in the words of our source. Triple H then told our source that he wanted Danielson out of the company as soon as possible and convinced Vince to finally terminate his contract.

Upon being told of his release Danielson stormed out of the building in a rage and spat on Eve Torres who had the misfortune of being near Danielson when he began to rage. The general locker room feeling is that Bryan’s firing was brought about solely from Triple H. Vince was reportedly disappointed that he had to release Bryan due to his involvement with such a large angle and this release has scuppered a lot of Creative’s plans.

Believe or not

It's not true guys, my bad for putting this up

i hate that man with a ****ing passion, to much power he has

****ing proper ****

We can now confirm that our earlier info on Triple H being responsible for the firing of Bryan Danielson is indeed correct. Our source tells us that while watching Justin Roberts being choked by his own tie Triple H’s children became frightened and burst into tears.

Despite the incident being planned as part of the NXT rookie invasion, the sight of his children’s tears drove Triple H to action. The next day, Triple H confronted Danielson during the Smackdown! tapings and the two had to be torn away from each other. Triple H put a stop to another invasion that was planned for SD for fear of further scaring his kids and them having sleepless nights which would “ruin his weekend” in the words of our source. Triple H then told our source that he wanted Danielson out of the company as soon as possible and convinced Vince to finally terminate his contract.

Upon being told of his release Danielson stormed out of the building in a rage and spat on Eve Torres who had the misfortune of being near Danielson when he began to rage. The general locker room feeling is that Bryan’s firing was brought about solely from Triple H. Vince was reportedly disappointed that he had to release Bryan due to his involvement with such a large angle and this release has scuppered a lot of Creative’s plans.

Let be the first to call BULL**** on this.

I'm not convinced but with the way Meltzer was saying that "it'll boggle the mind", I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

• Advertisement

Trip's kids are around 5 and 3 I think. They would not be watching WWE Raw on Monday night at 11 pm on a Monday night.

dammit my rant was for nothing now

still hate the **** thou

Trip's kids are around 5 and 3 I think. They would not be watching WWE Raw on Monday night at 11 pm on a Monday night.

Maybe they watched it recorded??

Meh, I don't care about Triple H tbh

Work or not, this is the most I've cared about a storyline in five years.

Jesus, if this is true then it's shocking. Seems Vince don't have the 'grape fruits' to stand up to Triple H.

Hmm that's very odd if it's not a work, I presume he means that in a "I've had him fired" way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Source

Believe or not

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Does HHH let his kids watch when he's gonna get a "crimson mask"? :pac:

Just had a gawk at Cole's Twitter again, he's been tweeting loads about getting Danielson fired for attacking people last Monday. Making a point of replying to people in his heel persona. Could still be a big work, can't see why else he'd be scoring points off Danielson now.

Right, so far we know

- Danielson's been "fired" (Kayfabe or not), appartantly for choking Justin Roberts with his tie (which the camera zoomed in on Raw)
    - Changes his twitter page name and goes on about the winds of change (which Wade Barrett referred to in a promo on NXT)
    - Internet goes apes**t about it.
    - Reports that Someone high in the company or a sponser got him "fired"
    - Michael Cole on twitter claims it was him
    - Reports mention Triple H being involved as well

What a busy day in wrestling:pac:

• Advertisement

Oh I forgot to mention that Cole has also mentioned on his Twitter about "the winds of change" in WWE.
    WWEMichaelCole Gotta go head off now....the winds of change are calling me! See you all later.
    16 minutes ago

Advertisement