Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10th July LGBT Forum Queer Beers! - Market Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,953 ✭✭✭✭Stark

ixoy wrote: »
    A picnic is an interesting idea but can we trust the weather...

Don't see why not. It's Dublin, not Seattle. Can always check the weather forecast a day or two beforehand and make a last minute change of plans if there is rain predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Who wants a picnic and who wants a pub? - I've pmed people to ask if they could indicate a choice - I'm not keen on the picnic idea -

Picnic
    Aoifums
    Thaedydal
    Rainbow Kirby
    Brainyneuron
    ULstudent
    Hare05

Pub
    Johnnymcg
    Stark
    Ixoy
    Thaedydal
    Barna77
    Rainbow Kirby
    Readlyletsgo
    Brainyneuron
    Doop
    Zwillinge
    UL Student

edit - I incorrectly put Stark in! - changed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,953 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Pub for me actually. Picnic sounds a little naff tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Picnic!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm going with pub because I don't trust this country and I don't like insects crawling towards my food/drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Pub! :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I'm going with pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

What about both? The people who would like to go for a picnic can meet up earlier in the day, go picnicing, and then meet up with the rest in the pub afterwards :D

(Picnic depends on weather i know but we could just go for dinner/coffee somewhere instead if its raining)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doop

Have to say Pub for me

I like beer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I'm thinking picnic, but know that it could be awful with weather and finding a spot and having possible scumbags doing their scumbaggery thing... From picnicing experiences, they aren't the friendliest about.

I'm going with pub, though I'd prefer picnic!

anyone else?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Put me in as either. It's gonna be an excuse to go'see' my friends in Dublin again and meet some boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

I'm gonna say picnic. Or BBQ! Grab a few single-use barbie trays from tesco or woodies and get some steaks, chicken and sausage, etc from a local butcher. And some beers.

BIG GAY BBQ! :D

hare05 wrote: »
    I'm gonna say picnic. Or BBQ! Grab a few single-use barbie trays from tesco or woodies and get some steaks, chicken and sausage, etc from a local butcher. And some beers.

BIG GAY BBQ! :D
    sounds in theory like a nice idea BUT who's going to organise all that? And pay for it?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Could be a bring your own food thing (and we could visit a local butchers if people want to have bbq/meat). But I agree that a bbq is a bit harder to organise, a picnic is a bit easier (preprepared food easier to transport!)

Could be a thing where people bring their own grub like BN suggested, BYOB and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Everyone should bring something if there is a picnic. I don't mind bringing food, I just need to decide what to make.

Anyone else

Who wants a picnic and who wants a pub? - I've pmed people to ask if they could indicate a choice - I'm not keen on the picnic idea -

Picnic
    Aoifums
    Thaedydal
    Rainbow Kirby
    Brainyneuron
    ULstudent
    Hare05
    Pembily
    Spurious

Pub
    Johnnymcg
    Stark
    Ixoy
    Thaedydal
    Barna77
    Rainbow Kirby
    Readlyletsgo +1
    Brainyneuron
    Doop
    Zwillinge
    UL Student
    Goodshape
    Micraboy
    Pembily
    Spurious
    MYOB
    Hatful

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Pub.

Can we bring a friend too? I was tellin a friend of mine about this and he was interested to come along if he's around on the day we decide.

Can we bring a friend too? I was tellin a friend of mine about this and he was interested to come along if he's around on the day we decide.
    yeah no problem

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Pub. I'm not against a picnic but I don't believe it will happen to be honest!

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    yeah no problem

Cool! So me +1 haha.

Where is this session going to happen? Anyone pick a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Picnic or pub I am not too fussed :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pembily wrote: »
    Picnic or pub I am not too fussed :D

Me too. Would ideally like to be somewhere without deafening music.

spurious wrote: »
    Me too. Would ideally like to be somewhere without deafening music.

Exact same. If it's a pub i would like to be able to hear people!

Cool! So me +1 haha.

Where is this session going to happen? Anyone pick a place?

Dakota was good the last time

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,197 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I wasn't PMed :(

Pub for me.

Advertisement