Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Good call on ALO Poodles, has the ship sailed or will it retrace?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

Thargor wrote: »
    Good call on ALO Poodles, has the ship sailed or will it retrace?

Just looking at L2 here...

There's one mm sitting on 5p to sell and the rest are on 5.25p - so it should tend upward in the short term.

If you look back over the chart, the SP has been steady between 3.5p - 4.5p for quite a while so I'm expecting a step up and new floor with the recent news.

Another announcement next week maybe on a new Gold Mine Acquisition in Ghana I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Great shout poodles. Up 25% now after that 2nd RNS. Unfortunately i've no funds available. I was considering selling my SOU (took a small position again on yesterdays drop) to get in but i hadn't researched enough to justify it. I'll be keeping an eye on it until more funds come available. And cheers for giving us the heads up, appreciate it (along with the prior heads up on RRL of course!)

Back to RRL. Great news yesterday. Would have made a lot of short term traders/investors a bit unhappy/impatient but to any long termers it's huge. Before the news i was probably looking to get out around Georgia or Puntland and increase my position in RMP, but now see myself holding for another year anyway, and will most likely beyond at the rate PL is taking the company forward.

Struggling to break 21p today, a lot of sells to get through there and probably won't happen with everyone off for easter this evening (hope i'm proven wrong of course). 30p in June would be nice.

That was a weird spike with ALO, cant believe it finished down after 2 good RNS's like those and a 25% rise, they said it was volatile over on the BB alright.

Agree with you about yesterdays news aswell Neil, Im going to forget about doing anything at 35p now and just see what happens whether it takes another year or 2, Landeau is definitely a man with a plan.

That was a weird spike with ALO, cant believe it finished down after 2 good RNS's like those and a 25% rise, they said it was volatile over on the BB alright.

Agree with you about yesterdays news aswell Neil, Im going to forget about doing anything at 35p now and just see what happens whether it takes another year or 2, Landeau is definitely a man with a plan.

Thargor, there's no harm in taking some money off the table to de-risk.
    I shudder to think what the paper loss could be overnight between RMP and RRL if the first Georgia drill wasn't successful.
    I personally think that we'll be sub 25p at spud of Georgia...that would be £475m market cap fully diluted.
    Trinidad will add major value to Range but the benefit won't be seen for some time I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Yeah Ill have derisked by then probably, 25p would be around when Ill start thinking about it cos it would exactly recover my original stake for 25% of my shares, Id hope to do better than that pre-spud though, even if it just spikes in the morning it'll be a good chance to derisk, a lot of people will be thinking the same thing around then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Poodles, maybe you could start a thread on ALO? More of an oil man myself, but would be interested to learn more on gold (and copper etc.) exploration companies. What is the usual route a company takes after aquiring a new licence ie. how long does it take to get to production if they do find an economically viable resource? What kind of track record does Damian Conboy have etc. etc? Thanks.

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Poodles, maybe you could start a thread on ALO? More of an oil man myself, but would be interested to learn more on gold (and copper etc.) exploration companies. What is the usual route a company takes after aquiring a new licence ie. how long does it take to get to production if they do find an economically viable resource? What kind of track record does Damian Conboy have etc. etc? Thanks.
    +1, not being lazy or anything :D

Anyone who's a member of RUM i recommend reading:

http://groups.google.com/group/underground-mail/msg/3e7274293c7abfd2?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

RANGE RESOURCES | Texas Drilling Update | RNS

Range Resources Ltd
    ABN 88 002 522 009

www.rangeresources.com.au

27 April 2011

RANGE SUCCESSFULLY DRILLS FIRST HORIZONTAL WELL AT EAST TEXAS COTTON VALLEY

International oil and gas exploration, development and production company,
    Range Resources Limited ("Range" or "the Company") is pleased to announce that
    it has reached total depth in its Ross 3H exploratory well, the Company's first
    horizontal drilling venture. Located in Red River County, Texas, the well
    reached a total depth of 8,900 ft (2,715m), with a horizontal section of
    approximately 3,400 ft (1,040m).

Based upon open-hole logs, samples, and consistent oil shows during drilling
    operations from both the vertical pilot hole and horizontal leg, Range and its
    partners have successfully run and cemented in place a production liner to
    target depth, with completion operations having begun. Once fraccing has been
    completed, Range will be able to accurately report on flow rates and update
    reserves.

Added Pete Landau, Range Executive Director, "The Ross 3H represents yet
    another milestone for the Company as we and our joint venture partners continue
    to apply the most cost-effective oil field technology available to our
    exploration and development programs. Consistent with our recently announced
    acquisitions in Trinidad, the East Texas Cotton Valley play represents a
    low-cost opportunity to build our portfolio of crude oil reserves in a period
    of strong commodity prices."

Yours faithfully

Peter Landau
    Executive Director

• Advertisement

Strong finish to another great week, any boards opinions on what the leftfield Boom rumors are? Puntland mobilization maybe?

Strong finish to another great week, any boards opinions on what the leftfield Boom rumors are? Puntland mobilization maybe?

Hope so, can't see it being another acquisition.

Did you end up taking a position in RMP?

Nope, should have been in at .30-.32 by now but I got dicked around by An Post with a cheque. Im putting in an order for .33 on Sunday night and hoping it will drop a little bit to meet that, if it doesn't Im going to be patient and keep trying, I hope I have another few weeks or so to wait for it to dip a little bit before it starts to move for Georgia.

News just in from the RUM board :-

International oil and gas exploration, development and production company,
    Range Resources Limited ("Range" or "the Company") along with its joint venture
    partners, Strait Oil and Gas ("Strait") and Red Emperor Resources ("Red Emperor
    ") (ASX: RMP) is pleased to announce that it has secured a ship to transport
    the exploration drilling rig from the UK to Georgia, thus triggering the
    commencement of the Company's two exploration well drilling program in Georgia.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=10853906

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Its finally starting !!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kevingleeson

Are people still thinking now is a good time to jump on board here for a high return high risk investment?

If you are getting into it then now is definitely the time because its not going to go lower than 17-17.5p and it is most definitely going up soon, might want to do some research on their partners RMP if you're looking for high-risk high reward, I hold both, about 4 times as much RRL as RMP.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 doedoe

Are people still thinking now is a good time to jump on board here for a high return high risk investment?
    i topped up at 18, theres not going to be a quick return on this I'm in for the long haul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

poodles wrote: »
    Take a look at ALO Thargor, news tomorrow or next week of excellent ground results of existing licences in Mauritania and a new Gold acquisition in Ghana.
    Market Cap of only £7m and Damian Conboy at the CEO.

Not wishing to move off topic, but anybody any idea why this one tanked today, down 13% at 2.83, can't find any news good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 doedoe

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Not wishing to move off topic, but anybody any idea why this one tanked today, down 13% at 2.83, can't find any news good or bad?
    nothing either apart from AGM on 23rd. My guess is people tryin to free up funds plenty of action elsewhere......
    down 7% at 3.00

• Advertisement

Apart from it spiking on news last month, it's 50/100/200 DEMA are all only around .5 higher at 3.50 which isn't much change for an AIM share. The sector in general is down as well. 3p does look like a good entry point for both short and long term though. It had a technical bounce at 2.83 earlier which shows strong support there (wish i had have noticed that before now!!).

But you generally shouldn't be too concerned with short term movements in these type of shares. You're buying on future potential.

I'm getting twitchy. I should have top sliced at .23.

xertpo wrote: »
    I'm getting twitchy. I should have top sliced at .23.

Relax, every oily is taking a beating lately, RRL is actually holding up quite well relatively speaking. The AIM is approaching the 6 month low from December 2010, as it did in March where it bounced. I'm hoping it will again, this week or if not next week latest. Getting from current levels back up to test .24 will take no time at all once the tide turns. The day before the TT announcement i remember it went from 20ish to testing 24 within 2 hours or something. Hold tight.

Hindsight is a terrible thing!

neil.p.b wrote: »

Hindsight is a terrible thing!
    I could have 12 months wages banked if Id traded it at 24p, it hung there for a day aswell and I knew it was going to retrace, maybe not this badly but I knew it wouldnt hold 24p until spudding, wish Id done it but Ive never sold an RRL share since I started and I wont next time it spikes either.

Total bloodbath across my portfolio and watchlist for the past week anyway, when do you think its going to reverse?

I could have 12 months wages banked if Id traded it at 24p, it hung there for a day aswell and I knew it was going to retrace, maybe not this badly but I knew it wouldnt hold 24p until spudding, wish Id done it but Ive never sold an RRL share since I started and I wont next time it spikes either.

Total bloodbath across my portfolio and watchlist for the past week anyway, when do you think its going to reverse?

Last time it hit 24 was before TT deal. Most of us thought that that would break the 24p resistance, we were also expecting georgia mobilisation any day. I personally don't think i made the wrong call with what i knew and thought at the time, it was more likely to rise than fall, maybe a short term fall but not to these levels, i don't think anyone did (including the II's who bought over a hundred million plus shares and are now in red). I sold some RRL a few weeks back at 18 to fund buying RMP and BMR (luckily i'm slightly up in both). But it wasn't because i thought it was going to drop.

I've completely stopped looking at my portfolio daily. There's no point, soul destroying! But it'll come good just gotta be patient and trust your research. Its now a great time to buy IMO, be greedy when others are fearful and all that. I'd like to think (hope) that within the next week or so it'll bottom and hopefully start to rise end of next week. I wouldn't be surprised to see my portfolio drop another 5% before it does so (considering oilys are getting hit the worst). Should have paid attention to the "stay away in may" saying!!

Ah I know, I wont be selling any of my companies for a year or 2, it still grates though when you know you're technically losing money, especially when its in the fcuking thousands!

If this is sovereign debt crisis related this could drag on for a long time aswell.

I think I need to take your advice Neil and stop looking at my portfolio every day. I'm in for the long haul with most of my shares anway, so it really makes no sense.

If I had some cash lying around I'd probably contemplate topping up, but I wonder if I'd actually pull the trigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

I don't hold this stock anymore , I got out a while back but Im thinking of getting back in, but this stock seems to be sinking like a stone,Anyone know whats up?

Grecco wrote: »
    I don't hold this stock anymore , I got out a while back but Im thinking of getting back in, but this stock seems to be sinking like a stone,Anyone know whats up?

See above. This might drop a bit further to circa 14.6 but i'm not taking that chance, just sold another holding to buy 20k more shares here.

• Advertisement

Grecco wrote: »

Grecco, I'll go out on a limb and say that today is the bottom. Not just because I bought more at 15.25p just now!

There's been a heavily over subscribed placement at 17p recently which gives the shareprice a good floor.

There's also a recent independent valuation of Range Resources by OPL valuing the company at 28p on current assets.

The value of 100% acquisition of Trinidad has yet to be realised. Currently producing 700 barrels of oil a day, the hope is to raise this to 1,500 by the end of the year and up to 3,000 - 4,000 within 3 years.
    If you use a simple calculation of 4,000 barrels of oil X 365 days X $30 USD this gives you $44m USD revenue per year. That just shows you the potential of this share from where it is currently.
    Plus there is exploration upside from the Trinidad deal - Range are hoping to drill atleast 2 deeper Herrea Formation wells which look to contain anything from 20 - 100 mbbls each.

There could be an update from the company tomorrow, perhaps with some news on Texas or Trinidad.

Advertisement