Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Go into Investments, then Trade, then type red emperor in the searchbox and hit retrieve, doesnt seem to work any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

True, but you must remember the big multiples in RMP over RRL will be in Puntland, but any multiples in Georgia are still multiples none the less!!

No. Well, they may retrace slightly but who knows, they bounced at .34 twice last night, and to me getting in at .34 or .36 is irrelevant considering the price target, id rather get in now at .36 than risk having to get in at +.40 (which will happen) for the sake of a 10% retrace (which may or may not happen).

There is a part of me considering getting completely out of RRL and putting a portion of it in RMP. Any rises over the next 3 months (bar the drawdown fund news for RRL) will mainly be due to Georgia and Puntland, so rises in RRL should mirrored in multiples in RMP. This is my crude mental maths/thinking on Georgia and Puntland news.

If they are dusters, before the news RRL SP is circa 40p, retrace back to 20p.

- SCENARIO 1 - Still all in RRL with say 200000 shares. The value of 200000 of your shares post news is equal to the value of 100000 shares pre news.

- SCENARIO 2 - You sold your 200000 RRL shares prior to the news and put 100000 of the shares value into RMP and banked the value of the other 100000. Your shares in RMP will be practically worthless. But you've still got as much equity left in both situations.

If the news is OIL EVERYWHERE

- SCENARIO 1 - Your RRL shares go to x times 40p.

- SCENARIO 2 - Although you only have half the amount of the original equity in RMP, your RMP shares will without doubt multiply by more than 2x.

Thats just my two cents. Having said that i will most likely just go somewhere down the middle!!!

Noodles if you read this, whats your split like RRL/RMP wise?

Well put, I think Im just going to do it on Monday tbh, sell 25% of my holding, 100K shares and stick them in RMP, that way if we do have success ther'll be no agonising over what I should have done to taint the celebrations biggrin.gif

By the way JR is basically saying something big is happening in the next 2 weeks with RRL in my thread over on the RUM right now, and he says he's not top-slicing at 34p because its going a lot higher than that.

Yeah i saw that, even though he's been saying it for about a month now. But i've still got 100% faith, i'm sure there's very good things going on in the background that have just had slight delays.

From about 7 posts down check out this topic:

http://groups.google.com/group/underground-mail/browse_thread/thread/c561907668484e3/d3ef7124701b2ebe

Some other interesting views on RMP with more exact calculations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Go into Investments, then Trade, then type red emperor in the searchbox and hit retrieve, doesnt seem to work any other way.

Great thanks. I still have to decide what im going to do though!

• Advertisement

I've changed my mind, I'm going to just hold my RRL and see where it goes, Ill have 3k to play with on the 20th of next month, if RMP hasn't moved too much by then it'll be going in there but RRL is as far as Im willing to go risk-wise with the bulk of my savings, Ill have plenty to gamble with on all or nothing stuff when Range pays off touch wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

I've been on the RUM board now for 3-4 weeks and although it's very informative and positive, there seems to be very little debate about the downside. On top of that I'm still not sure what to make of JR. In the last few weeks, I've already seen 2 promises of good news come from him. The first promise passed with no surprising news, and the second date is in 10 or so days time.

I know that JR has apparently delivered on news before, but people are paid handsomely to trump penny stocks. They are provided info to do so and typically, the reward is commensurate to the stock rise. How better to do this then to set up an "exclusive" and private discussion group where everyone participating feels privileged to be included.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

BTW I have also invested in RRL. I'd hate to miss any boat, even if it it may be the Titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

My RMP vs RRL holding is weighing in favour of RMP right now.

I haven't sold any of my RRL shares at all to date but I managed to be able to participate in the RMP 20c placement offer at the last minute through a friend and so couldn't pass up on the opportunity!

xertpo wrote: »
    On top of that I'm still not sure what to make of JR. In the last few weeks, I've already seen 2 promises of good news come from him. The first promise passed with no surprising news, and the second date is in 10 or so days time.

I know that JR has apparently delivered on news before, but people are paid handsomely to trump penny stocks. They are provided info to do so and typically, the reward is commensurate to the stock rise. How better to do this then to set up an "exclusive" and private discussion group where everyone participating feels privileged to be included.
    That's a bit too paranoid I think. Tbh I think there's not much talk of downside because most people have been in since 3-5p so its a multibag for them already so they can derisk if they want or gamble it all, either way they know what they're doing, plus RUM was only set up because we rose 100% in a week practically (which he predicted beforehand) and it attracted all the lunatics from the other boards. Even this week he said the drawdown would finish on Friday and the SP would bounce back and it did today.

Good week for us anyway, we held above 20p with no news when the others like us were red practically every day, in the UK people are filling their ISAs for the year now so that should keep us steady while we wait for news this month, the days are dragging by watching this share these days:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/investing/article.html?in_article_id=525656&in_page_id=166

Better than it used to be though, not so long ago it used to retrace to 5p every time it rose if we didn't get any news for a few days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Nice to see a bit of movement in RRL...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

A lot of very inexperienced investors are probably reading this thread.

If you are one of them, please note that the shares discussed here are VERY high risk, In many cases these companies are generating no cash , that news from exploratory drilling, which is pre production and does not guarantee good quality resource flows or cost effective extraction can cause wild swings in the price.

Shares in tiny early stage companies can attract an element which attempt to pump the price by hyping up shares on the internet in a method known as pump and dump.

If you are considering any stocks discussed on this site, please do your own research and be VERY wary of 'news' and 'analysis' you find on the internet.

MrMatisse wrote: »

If you are one of them, please note that the shares discussed here are VERY high risk, In many cases these companies are generating no cash , that news from exploratory drilling, which is pre production and does not guarantee good quality resource flows or cost effective extraction can cause wild swings in the price.

Shares in tiny early stage companies can attract an element which attempt to pump the price by hyping up shares on the internet in a method known as pump and dump.

If you are considering any stocks discussed on this site, please do your own research and be VERY wary of 'news' and 'analysis' you find on the internet.

These are wise words. Although RRL is now my largest holding in stock, I'm fully aware that this stock could retrace at a moment's notice.

MrMatisse wrote: »

A lot of small caps are about timing as far as I can see.

If people got in at the time and price of the fist posting in this thread, I think you could say that your original investment amount is safe and you're not going to lose it.

Just look at Desire Petroleum today:

http://www.google.com/finance?q=LON:DES

Ouch, I had them on my watchlist because I nearly bought them a few months ago.

Thargor wrote: »
    Just look at Desire Petroleum today:

http://www.google.com/finance?q=LON:DES

Ouch, I had them on my watchlist because I nearly bought them a few months ago.

Oh my. Somebody somewhere won't be sleeping tonight!! In case anyone is interested as to why they dropped 60% http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/18/desire-idUSLDE73H07U20110418

As far as I know they never had good seismic data AND had dusters before. It was always going to be an extreme risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭whysomoody

cooperguy wrote: »
    As far as I know they never had good seismic data AND had dusters before. It was always going to be an extreme risk.
    The mgmt have a history of histrionics too

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110419/pdf/41y46d40pq7ybk.pdf

This can only be good news. I'm nervous nonetheless.

I'm very optimistic and excited. Great to see it close in the blue after being held down for much of the day. Even if the RNS isn't released until thursday i can see it breaking that 24p resistance tomorrow

Cannot wait to find out what this is, even if its not too exciting it'll at least get everyone on RUM and iii to shut up about it, tomorrow is going to crawl.

• Advertisement

True, the amount of absolute sh!te you've got to trawl through to find anything of note is ridiculous. All part and parcel of a share price going up though, so can't complain too much

I'm reading on RUM that Range have acquired 100% of Trinidad.

I haven't find anything solid to support this news yet though, so don't quote me!

It's offical.

RANGE MOVES TO ACQUIRE 100% INTEREST IN PRODUCING ONSHORE TRINIDAD OILFIELDS

Highlights

* Range has entered in to a Heads of Agreement to acquire the remaining 90%
    (previously held a 10% interest) ownership interest, through SOCA Petroleum,
    in holding and subsidiary companies which hold three production licences
    in producing onshore oilfields in Trinidad together with an associated
    local onshore drilling operation;

* The acquisition complements Range's existing portfolio of oil and gas
    production and development assets in Texas and exploration projects in
    Georgia and Puntland;

* Trinidad has produced over 3 billion bbls to date and currently produces
    100,000 bopd with both major and smaller operators active in the country.
    All locally produced onshore oil is acquired by the state owned petroleum
    refinery with logistics already established;

* Independent geological and petroleum consulting experts Forrest Garb and
    Associates have assessed that the producing fields contain:

+ Net Proved plus Probable Reserves (2P) of 4.8 million barrels of oil
    with further Possible Reserves of 2.1 million barrels.

+ Undeveloped Prospective Resources (best estimate) of 20 million barrels
    of oil.

* Current production is approximately 600 bopd with a planned work program
    expected to lift production to more than 4,000 bopd within 36 months on
    known reserves;

* Planned production doesn't take into account exploration upside with
    significant potential from the deeper `Herrera Formations' which host
    substantial producing reserves on adjacent blocks;

* 10 Herrera Formation Targets already mapped with extensive 3D Seismic
    existing on SOCA's licences. The above Prospective Resources does not
    include any Herrera potential;

* Acquisition comes with established drilling inventory, personnel and
    operations all in place on site;

* Successful oversubscribed placement of £20m through the Company's broker,
    Old Park Lane Capital to fund initial acquisition costs, with the Company
    looking at accepting £5m in over subscriptions due to demand; and

* Current work programme now has Range participating for the rest of 2011 in
    2 exploration wells in Puntland, 2 exploration wells in Georgia, at least 4
    appraisal and development wells in Texas, and multiple production wells in
    Trinidad with at least 1 exploration well targeting the highly prospective
    deeper Herrera formation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Range down to .19 cents,anyone reckon now is a good time to jump in?

beagle001 wrote: »
    Range down to .19 cents,anyone reckon now is a good time to jump in?

The long term implications of taking 100% of Trinidad into Range is massive.

Range will become a Mid Tier Oil Producer inside 2 years on Trinidad alone.
    Bigger if discoveries are made in Georgia and Puntland in the next few months.

The SP is 20c to buy now. Personally, I think the price will stay at this level for another few days or so. The catalyst to bring it back to 25p + will be news on Geogia or Puntland or a Broker Report giving a value of the company including its Trinidad asset.

People will see 'placement' and not the full picture here.

All sounding very promising here :p

We just acquired 100% of Trinidad with a drawdown and the SP only returned to what it was 6 days ago, its practically a free company maker when you look at it like that.

I have a pretty big lump sum to invest tomorrow and I was going to split it between RMP and a huge gamble on AMC:

http://www.google.com/finance?q=LON:AMC

But now Im tempted to just grab another 100k of Range, Im wondering if in a years time Ill be kicking myself if I dont, any opinions on that? RRL is 90% of my portfolio as it is so all my eggs are pretty much in the one basket anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Spread your rusk thargor,
    I have been burnt bad in the past by using this strategy,it's too risky and really greed is the only thing that motivates you in this situation well it was for me.
    Keep your options open as you may be kicking yourself if you put all your eggs in one basket.

Thargor wrote: »
    All sounding very promising here :p

We just acquired 100% of Trinidad with a drawdown and the SP only returned to what it was 6 days ago, its practically a free company maker when you look at it like that.

I have a pretty big lump sum to invest tomorrow and I was going to split it between RMP and a huge gamble on AMC:

http://www.google.com/finance?q=LON:AMC

But now Im tempted to just grab another 100k of Range, Im wondering if in a years time Ill be kicking myself if I dont, any opinions on that? RRL is 90% of my portfolio as it is so all my eggs are pretty much in the one basket anyway.

Take a look at ALO Thargor, news tomorrow or next week of excellent ground results of existing licences in Mauritania and a new Gold acquisition in Ghana.
    Market Cap of only £7m and Damian Conboy at the CEO.

Delighted with today's news. Current share price seems pretty much underpinned by current assets going by what I have been reading.

poodles wrote: »
    Take a look at ALO Thargor, news tomorrow or next week of excellent ground results of existing licences in Mauritania and a new Gold acquisition in Ghana.
    Market Cap of only £7m and Damian Conboy at the CEO.
    Hey poodles. Thats an interesting share! How are they going to fund the acquisition in Ghana? Certainly alot of potential with such a small market cap.

Also, I haven't been able to find timelines for their 4 phase exploration. Can you point me in the right direction?

• Advertisement

cooperguy wrote: »
    Hey poodles. Thats an interesting share! How are they going to fund the acquisition in Ghana? Certainly alot of potential with such a small market cap.

Hey Cooperguy,
    It's certainly a share in its infancy but a great opportunity (for me anyway) to get in at the ground floor.

They raised £2.2 million at Christmas..

"The net proceeds of the Placing will be used to fund exploration and development at Alecto's gold and base metal licences and two uranium licences located in the Mauritanide mobile belt in Mauritania and for general working capital purposes. The exploration programme is expected to commence in Q1 2011. Additionally, the new funds will be utilised, as per the Company's expansion strategy, to fund additional acquisitions of, and investments in, other precious and base metal projects. In line with this the Company is in discussions with a number of parties and hopes to announce further in due course. "

I'd take it from above that the new Ghana acquisition will be paid for out of that funding.

I've talked to a few people who are in touch with the company occasionally and relate that Damian Conboy is very bullish on Alecto. He recently stepped down as director of CHC "to focus on his main role at Alecto Energy".

ALO also have a 10% interest in the company CHC and 20% in the company BMC.

Right now there is not a huge amount of shares being traded on the company and as a result there can be quite a large spread (has sat at 3.75 - 4.5p mainly for quite a while!) but like I say it's a company in its infancy with huge potential.

Advertisement