Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I have some in there too. Delighted with progress so far!

Lots of the drills are extremely high risk but we have alot of news that should drive up the price before we actually get results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr Dougal Mcguire

Wonder should i top up on this one.

I got in at 12cent but wondering will i top up now again.

What price you guys think this will be at in next few weeks/months

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭whysomoody

Thargor wrote: »
    What a week its been, only 3 or 4 weeks ago we were wondering if it could break through 10p now we're wondering if it can hold at 20p before the action even starts.

Im putting sell orders in next week for 200k of mine @ 40p and another 100k @ 50p, I know we're a long way off that yet but I cant get to a pc anymore during the day. My remaining 100k Im going to let ride just to see what happens. Anyone else know what they're doing yet?

Who here on Boards.ie is holding this share besides myself, Smcgie and Noodles anyway? Ranger rolecall time, I have 400k average of 5.65p, holding since July 2010.

great shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

What a week its been, only 3 or 4 weeks ago we were wondering if it could break through 10p now we're wondering if it can hold at 20p before the action even starts.

Im putting sell orders in next week for 200k of mine @ 40p and another 100k @ 50p, I know we're a long way off that yet but I cant get to a pc anymore during the day. My remaining 100k Im going to let ride just to see what happens. Anyone else know what they're doing yet?

Who here on Boards.ie is holding this share besides myself, Smcgie and Noodles anyway? Ranger rolecall time, I have 400k average of 5.65p, holding since July 2010.

Hold 80,000k @ 5.5p wish I bought more at the time but was wary of Puntland never happening.

I tipped them on another thread at 6p, hope the OP took my advice

Going to be some craic when they start drilling in Puntland especially if Georgia goes well in the mean time.

Only down side is the large amount of shares in issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I see the ASX queried the recent price movement with Range on Thursday, essentially wondering was there anything they should know about that was causing the significant movement. Range's response was that it was essentially down to recent announcements, the anticipation of further updates and the presence of it's directors in London on promotional visit.

• Advertisement

God there is quite a few of us on here with shares in this. If this goes as well as it could this year we'll have to have a money counting party :D

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭SC024

I got about 29000 in from around 6.1 pence

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Up 12.5% again, why isn't there more talk about this here if so many are holding it? The Petroceltic thread is twice as long and that never does anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

Up 12.5% again, why isn't there more talk about this here if so many are holding it? The Petroceltic thread is twice as long and that never does anything :pac:

Looking good alright. Nice to see it holding 20p and testing towards 25p again.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

less talk and more performance :)

• Advertisement

poodles wrote: »
    Looking good alright. Nice to see it holding 20p and testing towards 25p again.
    I suppose at the moment the price is rising just on potential, nothing interesting has happened in the last couple of days. When we start getting news we'll talk a bit more :D

Up she goes again, talk of institutional investors taking large positons after last weeks presentation to them in London and various other takeover rumors and wild valuations flying around the place, looks like Puntland is definitely a go now with AOIs takeover of LION, all very promising :D

This board is great if any Range holder hasnt seen it yet:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/underground-mail

Hi Thargor, I havent seen that group. What is it exactly? Just for Range or shares in general? It says you have to apply for permission to see it so I was just wondering what exactly it was, before I actually apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Tonto67

Damn, missed this one. Is there any life left in it?

It's a private Google Group for Range Resources and anything linked to it.
    Run by some knowledgeable 'in the know' posters / large shareholders.

Tonto67 wrote: »
    Damn, missed this one. Is there any life left in it?

Tonto, check this out..
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056162076

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Up she goes again, talk of institutional investors taking large positons after last weeks presentation to them in London and various other takeover rumors and wild valuations flying around the place, looks like Puntland is definitely a go now with AOIs takeover of LION, all very promising :D

This board is great if any Range holder hasnt seen it yet:

Iv been looking around RUM the last couple of days. Its pretty good and has alot less noise than iii which is always welcome!

Who is this JR guy everybody seems to listen to?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

cooperguy wrote: »
    Iv been looking around RUM the last couple of days. Its pretty good and has alot less noise than iii which is always welcome!

I've been curious about that too. He's treated with such deference over there. I hope it's not misplaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

As far as i'm aware he's 'in the know'. A lot things he said would happen have.

• Advertisement

He's an Australian millionaire and has a massive holding in Range, the largest private investor on the books I think or something like that and he's posted proof in the past on iii, he's made super accurate predictions in the past too bordering on insider knowledge, seems like a sound enough guy aswell, no idea why he does it, probably just enjoys having his balls licked by his army of worshippers on RUM every time he posts :pac:

He says something major might be coming on Friday btw but current events might have messed that up now.

Pretty brutal few days for us and everyone else anyway between Japan and the Middle East, Im down about 18 months wages on paper since the peak at 24p, nothing you can do though, couldn't have predicted it and the fundamentals haven't changed, holding for at least another 6 months or longer anyway, Im going to start buying again if it goes any lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

cooperguy wrote: »

Whats RUM? thanks another discussion board?

RUM:

You have to request permission to join but everyone gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

bit off topic but what other google groups are around that relate to shares discussed here

None that I know of, RUM came about because reasonable people got sick of the screaming sh1tstorm that the iii board had turned into.

He says something major might be coming on Friday btw but current events might have messed that up now.
    He posted since and said he was misquoted and he said "soon" not Friday
    None that I know of, RUM came about because reasonable people got sick of the screaming sh1tstorm that the iii board had turned into.

God ya, while you get some decent info off iii boards sometimes you have to wade through a pile of shit to get to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

Range Resources reports strong progress made in 2010
    9:45 am by Sergei Balashov Shares in Range have done very well since the period-end, soaring from 8 pence to the current 18.25 pence
    Range Resources (LON:RRL, ASX:RRS) reflected on its operational progress made during 2010, which saw its share price more than double and then triple post-period.

At its operations in Texas, the company received a revised reserve report on the North Chapman Ranch field in Nueces County, following the successful drilling and completion of the Russell-Bevly #1 appraisal well, which confirmed Range’s structural and stratigraphic models and established additional proved oil and gas reserves.

Earlier this week, Range said mud logging results from the Ross 3H #1 well at the East Texas Cotton Valley project had been encouraging. It said there had been oil shows over an interval of more than 400 feet, including crude in the mud pits while drilling.

Last week it revealed production on the Russell Bevly # 1 well at the North Chapman Ranch project had begun to stabilise following the successful fracture stimulation of the lower two pay zones.

Development drilling there continues and Range and its partners will begin a third hole there soon.

Also during the period, the company looked to acquire an additional 8.19 percent in the East Cotton Valley prospect. Subsequent to the period-end, none of the partners exercised their pre-emptive rights and Range completed the acquisition of the additional 8.19 percent.

In the Republic of Georgia, Range received the results from the report entitled seismic interpretation, field mapping and evaluation of prospective hydrocarbon volumes across the company's two Georgian blocks.

The report identified a total of 68 structural culminations across the two blocks each of which potentially contains stacked reservoirs. Total combined best estimate of gross unrisked oil-in-place across these 68 indentified structural culminations amounts to 2,045 million barrels.

Of the 68 identified prospective targets across the two blocks, 6 structures with estimated total oil-in-place of 728 million barrels have been prioritised as being ready for drilling.

On the financial side, the company posted revenues of US$1.1 million from sale of goods and interest revenues of US$140,031.

Pre-tax losses broadened from US$1.76 million to US$2.2 million as administrative expenses increased from US$1.7 million to US$2.7 million. The company had cash reserves of US$7.5 million at the end of the period.

Subsequent to period end the company has raised circa A$17 million through the exercise of options and drawdown on its equity line of credit facility.

Shares in Range have done very well since the period-end, soaring from 8 pence to the current 18.25 pence, having topped 23 pence at one point. The company started 2010 below 4 pence.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Any rangers looking to take a position in RMP before AIM listing/Georgia spud? Finding it very difficult to make up my mind on it as i'd have to sell some range to get into RMP. I'm leaning towards 4:1 RRL/RMP for some extra leverage on any possible findings in georgia or puntland, but if im going to do it it'll be within the next few days

Cant make my mind up about it either, I got onto National Irish Bank and had them add RMP to the list of ASX equities they trade but now I cant decide whether to do it or not, Ill have to sell RRL to do it aswell.

I suppose you kind of have to if you believe in Georgia tbh, you'll be kicking yourself if you dont, I think Ill sell 25% of my RRL on monday and buy RMP that evening, do you think they'll retrace after that 18% jump first though?

• Advertisement

Cant make my mind up about it either, I got onto National Irish Bank and had them add RMP to the list of ASX equities they trade but now I cant decide whether to do it or not, Ill have to sell RRL to do it aswell.

I suppose you kind of have to if you believe in Georgia tbh, you'll be kicking yourself if you dont, I think Ill sell 25% of my RRL on monday and buy RMP that evening, do you think they'll retrace after that 18% jump first though?
    What's the ticker for them? I tried finding it again on NIB but I still cant get it to show up

Advertisement