Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭gooner99

Funny I don't really see where that statement from Danko could be seen as offensive to gay or lesbian people.He said it was simply a song about one type of oral sex, only the type performed on a woman,didn't say anything about a man performing it. I think you are reading too much into this. It was simply a song and he gave the background to it, no big deal.I'm not a fan of Danko,just thought they were ok for a support act.Would have preffered Seb Bach.

Here are a couple of comments on the murderdolls from people who was at the paris gig from mygnrforum.com

"Oh and yeah, Murderdolls was ****ing ****. "Hey guys, we have a song about sex drugs and rock n roll"... "Alright, this next song is about the word ****. **** **** **** ****", "this next song is all about Drugs". LAME"

"Totally agree about the Murderdolls! It was torture. Did the singer bring out an embarrassing umbrella with the word "****" drawn on it? The lyrics to their songs were appalling!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just been told by a friend that MCD have refunded him the cost of the two tickets he bought; he wrote them an angry letter AND submitted an application to the small claims court. I've gone down the small claims court road but no sign of a refund just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

phil1nj wrote: »
    Have MCD turned over a new leaf with regard to how they promote gigs? Did feedback from the G'N'R shambles prompt this change in how information for their gigs will be passed on to the public? Does this lend weight to all those claims that gigs do in fact have a pre-agreed start time (plus or minus a quarter of an hour)? I, for one, am intrigued slightly by this new style fo MCD advert.

I don't notice any change, MCD typically release such info prior to concerts in bigger venues. In this case the start time was advertised as it is earlier than usual; most headline acts begin playing at or sometime after 9pm. No supporting act usually means the headliner gets more stage time to play a longer set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

ionapaul wrote: »
    Just been told by a friend that MCD have refunded him the cost of the two tickets he bought; he wrote them an angry letter AND submitted an application to the small claims court. I've gone down the small claims court road but no sign of a refund just yet.

This is fantastic news, if true, can anyone verify this or indeed can you get any more details as to how contact was made by MCD or what exactly was quoted as said. This is a big deal and attention needs to be drawn to this part of the thread by a moderator if this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I've sent him an email to follow up - he submitted his application to the small claims court maybe 2 days after the gig and wrote MCD the angry letter at that point as well, whereas I waited another 3 or 4 days before submitting my application...I really want to find out which of the two approaches worked, as I'll get my angry letter in ASAP if that was what achieved the result!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I've sent him an email to follow up - he submitted his application to the small claims court maybe 2 days after the gig and wrote MCD the angry letter at that point as well, whereas I waited another 3 or 4 days before submitting my application...I really want to find out which of the two approaches worked, as I'll get my angry letter in ASAP if that was what achieved the result!

Send the letter today regardless. And say you've submitted your small claims court letter. I'd bet a lot that you get a reply within 3 days from MCD.

Tell your friends!

I reckon that they can afford to do this, as they will have held back some of the agreed fee to GNR.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Has this refund story been verified as true by anyone? I've sent two letters and several emails to MCD about this and so far I've received nothing in the way of a reply from them. The only communication I had with them was speaking with a lady in their office who informed me that they were "working their way through all communications received and would be in touch shortly". That was early last week.

Part of me thinks that MCD will not issue a blanket refund to all concert goers but will take each case as it comes along. If that's what they want to do my third and final letter to them will include my small claims details.

Has this refund story been verified as true by anyone? I've sent two letters and several emails to MCD about this and so far I've received nothing in the way of a reply from them.

Same here. No press on this issue, no verification...nothing

Is there anyone out there who has verification of this issue?

You can be pretty sure that there will be no blanket refund. But looks like they will refund on a case by case basis. That way they will probably only refund 10-30% of the crowd. There will be quite a lot of unhappy punters that just won't bother their arse with the small claims court forms,etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

One interesting point which is slightly off topic but kind of relevant concerns the radio announcements for the upcoming Santana concert on the 29th at the O2. This is an MCD promoted concert and the adverts I've heard today have all given the starting time for the main act (8.00pm sharp), with no support act and a 20 minute interval.

Have MCD turned over a new leaf with regard to how they promote gigs? Did feedback from the G'N'R shambles prompt this change in how information for their gigs will be passed on to the public? Does this lend weight to all those claims that gigs do in fact have a pre-agreed start time (plus or minus a quarter of an hour)? I, for one, am intrigued slightly by this new style fo MCD advert.

Don't get your hopes up too much. They have in the past published stage times on the odd occasion.

JJ wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up too much. They have in the past published stage times on the odd occasion.

Tends to be mostly festivals in that case, doesn't it? Or like an outdoor gig with more then two or three acts in total....but a standard, indoor, evening/night gig tends to be just a set time unless, in this case, there is no support act

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I remember for the PJ and Rage gigs at The O2 they had the times published on their site. Rage had 2 support acts but PJ just had 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Don't forget Belfast, 9.50pm

As late as all those are, what you will notice, is that in no case was the start time as late as Dubin - it was a good 5 to 10 minutes after Paris and Rome...and astonishingly there was an hour difference inbetween Zurich and Dublin

In fact, he came on at 9pm in Dublin in 2006, so there was an hour and 40 minute difference....

Ehm...actually all of what you say here is wrong. :)

GNR hit the stage at 10.25pm in Dublin. In 2006 they hit the stage at 8pm.

RonMexico wrote: »
    Ehm...actually all of what you say here is wrong. :)

GNR hit the stage at 10.25pm in Dublin. In 2006 they hit the stage at 8pm.

I agreen , 8pm in 06 , 10.25pm this year.

It's funny looking back on this that MCD made clear not to mention refunds in their statement, and yet a lot of the stories propose to have some quote from an MCD employee who claimed refunds were not happening....who was that exactly, and where did this vital piece of information come from....

MCD themselves contributed little to this story and are still hoping it will go away. The courts have advised that if MCD fail to answer any responses from small claims court, on a one to one basis for all cases, then those who filed the claims will be asked to sign affidavit's swearing they haven't otherwise been offered compensation....if that is the case, a sheriff is then instructed to retrieve the money

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Stupied Question but

What way would one go about sending a letter to Mcd and seeking a refund. I personally believe if not a refund maybe compensation to other gigs that mcd run Bon Jovi (2011) etc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Stupied Question but

I like the ironic way in which you spelt stupid wrong on purpose
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    What way would one go about sending a letter to Mcd and seeking a refund. I personally believe if not a refund maybe compensation to other gigs that mcd run Bon Jovi (2011) etc

You would contact MCD with a well structured and written complaint, not seeking anything but compensation and a refund - i.e. don't waste your time asking for tickets to a specific gig, let them suggest that to you - at the following address. Send the letter registered, make sure someone has to sign to receive it.

RE: Guns N Roses, Sep 1st 2010
    MCD
    7 Park Road
    Dun Laoghaire
    Co. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

anyone ever get a reply from MCD?

I know several who did, and got refunds, and as of this morning MCD are still "sorting through the pile" of complaints that have been made against them regarding this gig. I'm not sure how refunding a token minority will cease and desist anyone who believes they were wrongly treated and then not refunded

Refunds for all those who seek them on fair and proper grounds, nothing less

• Advertisement

I was one of those who eventually got an email reply from them. This was basically just a rehash of the inaccurate press release issued the day after this farce of a concert.
    I emailed the MCD employee back saying I wasn't happy with the response I received (I generally tend to get a bit pissy when people send out stock email replies which totally ignore several fairly serious questions I put to them from the night in question).

The response I received is below:

"Dear XXXX,

Unfortunately I cannot help you any further.

Kind Regards,"

When I asked that my email be passed on to someone else in MCD who might be able to help I immediately recevied the following response from the same person:

"Dear XXXX,

Unfortunately MCD cannot help you any further.

Kind Regards,
    "

Basically a massive "F*CK OFF" from all at MCD. Nice to know your business is appreciated. To anyone who is still waiting for a reply, good luck. But considering this response came almost 5 weeks after I first submitted my emails and letter to them, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Unbelieveably poor customer service and a seriously bad attitude to boot IMHO.

That's a disgrace, to be honest, I'm happy I didn't get an email - especially after the double figures I sent to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

I was one of those who eventually got an email reply from them. This was basically just a rehash of the inaccurate press release issued the day after this farce of a concert.
    I emailed the MCD employee back saying I wasn't happy with the response I received (I generally tend to get a bit pissy when people send out stock email replies which totally ignore several fairly serious questions I put to them from the night in question).

The response I received is below:

"Dear XXXX,

Unfortunately I cannot help you any further.

Kind Regards,"

When I asked that my email be passed on to someone else in MCD who might be able to help I immediately recevied the following response from the same person:

"Dear XXXX,

Unfortunately MCD cannot help you any further.

Kind Regards,
    "

Basically a massive "F*CK OFF" from all at MCD. Nice to know your business is appreciated. To anyone who is still waiting for a reply, good luck. But considering this response came almost 5 weeks after I first submitted my emails and letter to them, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Unbelieveably poor customer service and a seriously bad attitude to boot IMHO.

what was your basis for seeking the refund?

what was your basis for seeking the refund?

I sent them a fairly detailed letter outlining my concerns and complaints about the nights events. Most of these items have been covered in this thread and in another one on boards. My posts in both threads are a good summation of the line of argument adopted by me when contacting them.

I sent them a fairly detailed letter outlining my concerns and complaints about the nights events. Most of these items have been covered in this thread and in another one on boards. My posts in both threads are a good summation of the line of argument adopted by me when contacting them.

another person in the alternative thread has posted that they received compensation in the form of a refund. which is excellent news. however, it would be preferable that compensation will be given to more who feel they are entitled to it....and not six weeks and counting since the incident in question

good to hear some people have got refunds.

interestingly they ae back in the o2 in london tonight and tomorrow night.lets see how they go.someone posted on mygnrforum that there are signs up saying that the concert will go on late and that extra transport will be laid on.

gooner99 wrote: »
    interestingly they ae back in the o2 in london tonight and tomorrow night.lets see how they go.someone posted on mygnrforum that there are signs up saying that the concert will go on late and that extra transport will be laid on.

It was the same in London in 2006, minus the extra transport of course

You might not want to, just spoke with MCD, and they have actually said to me....drum roll please..."we are dealing with it and someone will get back in touch with you either via the email or letter you sent!" - that's not a denial and that pretty much confirms that refunds are being issued....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ger123

Well I think I deserve a refund, so what if its been six weeks, Ive been listening to all the crap that MCD said no refunds.

So If they are giving them, they have set a precedent and I also want one.

In common law legal systems, a precedent or authority is a legal case establishing a principle or rule that a court or other judicial body may utilize when deciding subsequent cases with similar issues or facts.

• Advertisement

Ger123 wrote: »
    Well I think I deserve a refund, so what if its been six weeks, Ive been listening to all the crap that MCD said no refunds.

So If they are giving them, they have set a precedent and I also want one.

In common law legal systems, a precedent or authority is a legal case establishing a principle or rule that a court or other judicial body may utilize when deciding subsequent cases with similar issues or facts.

I believe that if you write a letter of complaint you will get one

But I also think it would help if someone reported this story in the news media so that people became aware of what is happening. Secrecy doesn't help any party.

Advertisement