Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Well I signed up a long time ago and haven't found another subject quite so engaging.

If Axl haters are coming on in their droves to denounce the man, then fans are allowed to come along and support him Mr. Moderator.

People want their grievances heard, hire a psychiatrist....maybe Axl can recommend one :).

LOL - fans are giving out about him, they are not all axl haters, something that seems beyond you to grasp. It also doesn't suit your argument though so i'd guess like most things that don't suit your point of view - you ignore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

lordgoat wrote: »
    LOL - fans are giving out about him, they are not all axl haters, something that seems beyond you to grasp. It also doesn't suit your argument though so i'd guess like most things that don't suit your point of view - you ignore it.

Sorry Lordgoat, but I don't think I mentioned anything about them all being haters?

Try to relax and remember it's not Tickets There you're mad at, I didn't ruin the night for you. If you don't agree with my points then that's grand but no need to go overboard making stuff up.

As for ignoring anything, I have been trying to answer every single comment made my way for about 10+ pages. Please excuse me if I miss anything but I am also discussing this subject on other forums.

If you think I ignored a point/s - Please reply with them now and PM me when they're there with the page number and I swear Lordgoat, I shall comment them fully.

If he was a real rock star, he would have fired the plastic bottles back.;)

He's a different type of rock star ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

Anybody paying 70 euro to watch this band and are not happy about the ****e that happened have only got them selves to blame.
    axl rose is all washed-up!

fionnsda wrote: »
    Anybody paying 70 euro to watch this band and are not happy about the ****e that happened have only got them selves to blame.
    axl rose is all washed-up!

He wasn't in Belfast :D, That was a savage show. Voice sounded great in Dublin to, people just got sleepy -it was waaayyy past their Wednesday bed time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

No Dublin just chose not to put up with his little antics and bow down and kiss ass.

I for one am proud of that (not the bottle throwing but eveything else)

I only wish the boos had've been louder and gone on for the entire show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

There is talk in the papers of Axl being confronted aby fans while trying to leave the venue. Is there any truth to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

No Dublin just chose not to put up with his little antics and bow down and kiss ass.

I for one am proud of that (not the bottle throwing but eveything else)

I only wish the boos had've been louder and gone on for the entire show.

Your name is quite apt :D

I am too as it goes, and I am really proud of the fact that most people directed their attention and cheers to the rest of the band and almost ignored all of that.

This was the one gig I didn't bring my camera too, can't believe how bad the footage has been.

I would have shot some good HD footage of Axel standing and sitting at the back while the crowd went crazy for the DJ, Tommy and the Bummble Bum feller.

Some good angle footage of that would make Axl look like a real spolit brat asshole.

Also, nobody has said this, but did anyone notice that Axl kept watching the band as if he wanted someone to throw something at them?

I think he hated the fact they the crowd were cool after they came back on.

They had clearly told MCD that one more bottle and they were gone as when the band came back, everyone one of them, apart from Axl - came to the crowd and held up there fingers and said: "One more".

I actually thought at the time that this meant they were just doing one more song.

Maybe someone is sitting at home with some decent HD close-ups, if so - upload the stuff ya fecker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

He wasn't in Belfast :D, That was a savage show. Voice sounded great in Dublin to, people just got sleepy -it was waaayyy past their Wednesday bed time.

His voice wasn't too bad at all when he came back. I think it was due to him not moving or or wasting it on apologising to the crowd for being so late and treating them like sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

lordgoat wrote: »
    Oh yes Danko got 90mins for a support act nothing strange about that...
    I don't understand these conspiracy theories at all...

DJ played same 75 minutes set than previous night at Belfast.
    If I was there, an announcement after Danko Jones's set (that there had been a delay and, crucially, that there was no curfew in the venue) would have made myself and a lot of other people that night a whole let less rowdy.
    I have been GNR fan since 1989 so I wasn't surprised late starting time at all, but I agree that MCD should have been told audience that starting time is later than usually. At least these starting times should have been in the net before gig (like concert ticket says).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

finhex wrote: »
    I don't understand these conspiracy theories at all...

DJ played same 75 minutes set than previous night at Belfast.

so danko came on stage at 8pm in dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

rossie1977 wrote: »
    so danko came on stage at 8pm in dublin??
    Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Anyone know the what time the support (Danko?) came off stage in Rome and what time Guns went on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭gooner99

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Anyone know the what time the support (Danko?) came off stage in Rome and what time Guns went on?

i think murderdolls finished approx 9:30 and guns came on approx 10:30 , pretty much the same tonight in milan.both shows went off without a hitch.pity mcd didn't announce the start times alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Murderdolls came off at 9.35...Guns came on around 10.30 as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

any truth in the rumour that axl hit a promoter ?? backstage at the o2 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

He's a different type of rock star ;)

Yeah, a washed up one, that suffers from delusions of grandeur and still thinks he's in the heady days when he was able to command this type of behavior and disrespect hard working people pay to see.

He could get away with it 20 years ago but concert goers are now spending so much on over inflated ticket prices they want value for there hard earned money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

10:30 again in Milan last night with no drama from the crowd, except boos for Ashba wearing the Milan jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

...might be time to let this one go lads....

s8n wrote: »
    ...might be time to let this one go lads....

Agreed

Time the moaners admit they’re just old now and no longer have an ‘Appetite For Destruction’ You folks have an appetite for curfews and adherence to schedules and all that palava. Stick with bands that provide that comfort and certainty and leave bands like Guns N’ Roses to those of us who like to see something different from the schedule ;)

Enjoy the petty claims court all you folks who absolutely must have your 70 quid back ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Agreed
    leave bands like Guns N’ Roses to those of us who like to see something different from the schedule ;)

I'll agree with you there, It's a band LIKE Guns n Roses. And certainly is something different.

allanb49 wrote: »
    I'll agree with you there, It's a band LIKE Guns n Roses. And certainly is something different.

Oh you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

zuutroy wrote: »
    10:30 again in Milan last night with no drama from the crowd, except boos for Ashba wearing the Milan jersey!
    I wonder if the venue had a curfew.

I expect they got news GNR would be late and so hold back the support bands to make it seem all is normal.

A lad on a TV program (TV3 I think) made a good point, they said MCD said they have a history of being late, so why did they not tell them the gig was to start at 7pm ;)

They were also mocking him as being the "hard man" who boo-hooed at a few plastic bottles got thrown up -they showed footage of some teenage looking X-factor type lad who did a gig earlier in the week and got a bottle to the head and kept going, after just giving some mild comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Enjoy the petty small claims court all you folks who absolutely must have your 70 quid back ;)

FYP

In my case it wasn't seventy quid, it was a multiple of 70 (a whole number greater than 3 but less than 5 - you figure it out). I paid to see a professional musician put on a professional show. Didn't happen I'm afraid despite what your constant fanboi posts say here so its off to the SCC or maybe even the credit card company with this. Even if there's no money forthcoming from MCD, if enough people do it it'll play f*ck with their reputation as a promoter of concerts in Ireland.

'nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

In fairness to MCD this is not their fault and they made every effort to get the show back on the road and the show did go on.

At the end of the day, the audience threw the bottles and the audience continued to throw the bottles after being cautioned by the artist. After this behaviour, the audience has no recourse to a refund.

I can understand the fustration of the audience after being made wait an hour for a show but they didn't exactly help themselves when the band came on. At the same time, Axl Rose needs a reality check. It should be him that refunds the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

RonMexico wrote: »
    There is talk in the papers of Axl being confronted aby fans while trying to leave the venue. Is there any truth to this?

Yep - I was one of them!! Although he just ignored me and walked by.
    But some big guy got into an arguement with him. Didn't last long, and then Axl turned around was back through the gate (where the tour bus is).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

phil1nj wrote: »
    FYP

In my case it wasn't seventy quid, it was a multiple of 70 (a whole number greater than 3 but less than 5 - you figure it out). I paid to see a professional musician put on a professional show. Didn't happen I'm afraid despite what your constant fanboi posts say here so its off to the SCC or maybe even the credit card company with this. Even if there's no money forthcoming from MCD, if enough people do it it'll play f*ck with their reputation as a promoter of concerts in Ireland.

'nuff said.

Good luck with that - technically the promoter hasn't done a whole lot wrong here. Let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

BrianD wrote: »
    In fairness to MCD this is not their fault and they made every effort to get the show back on the road and the show did go on.

But surely MCD as the promoter should have done a better job of keeping people informed about what was going on. The point has been made already that some times even if the update is there is no update it lets people know that there is still someone at the wheel so to speak.
    At the end of the day, the audience threw the bottles and the audience continued to throw the bottles after being cautioned by the artist. After this behaviour, the audience has no recourse to a refund

I can understand the fustration of the audience after being made wait an hour for a show but they didn't exactly help themselves when the band came on. ..

It was over an hour (and this was on top of the time that the support played an over extended set to try and keep the crowd entertained). Its been said already that not everybody in the crowd f*cked bottles at him, just a few piss*ed up concert goers who thought that it was clever to so. Mr. Rose himself should know about this seeing as he sang about it back in the day-
    Bad Apples Lyrics:

"If it were up to me
    I'd say just leave me be
    Why let one bad apple
    Spoil the whole damn bunch"

At the same time, Axl Rose needs a reality check. It should be him that refunds the audience..

And I'm sure this was the tact that MCD used to get him back on stage 45 minutes after he walked off. Doesn't help the punters who left the concert (for all the reasons that have been discussed to death here).

phil1nj wrote: »
    FYP

'nuff said.

You spent E280 on Guns N' Roses and you're calling me the fanboi? If you're not a fan, why spend nearly 300 quid on one show? I got two shows, a train journey and a hotel for better value that that.

Just leave it and learn. The hassle of going to a court will be much worse if you don't win and MCD (who I agree aren't really at fault - the O2 are the ones that wouldn’t let people back in) did an amazing job by getting Guns back on stage - a feat I've never seen any promoter manage in the bands history.

Next time, use E10 and just buy the album and leave their shows. They’ve gone on at 10:30 for all their shows on this tour and Dublin was the only one that booed them. Guess other countries just wanna have fun-un. Oh other countries just wanna have fun :D

• Advertisement

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Yep - I was one of them!! Although he just ignored me and walked by.
    But some big guy got into an arguement with him. Didn't last long, and then Axl turned around was back through the gate (where the tour bus is).

Did you see anyone with a camera?

Advertisement