Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How healthy are you?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

well surprised with the result of that test, I'll live to 82 , i doubt it though

smoke 30 a day drink a few 2-4 days per week and my health age is 3 years younger than I am now. I answered 100% honestly too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

Ruu wrote: »
    28, 5' 7" and around 125lbs. I am very lean, waist 29". I workout about 1 1/2 every day and run about 5k maybe twice a week and eat fairly well. I don't go by eating rules like "no carbs after 6" or "bread free meals", just bollox in my opinion. I don't even get the urge to eat junk food any more, even for the splurge factor. I do eat a chocolate bar every once in a while or go out to eat but I only end up eating half of what they give me. I don't drink or smoke, I prefer to do outdoorsy stuff with my wife, go for walks, hikes, etc. Portion sizes are massive in the USA!

why did i think you were in your 40's?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

So I´ll live to be 97(dear God please don´t do this to me, 75 is more than enough) and my health age is 3.3????

I think that test is just way off......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

patrickc wrote: »
    why did i think you were in your 40's?

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

I suffer from Vertigo for the last couple of months so my normal routine is a bit disrupted!

But before i think i had a healthy-ish lifestyle,

Diet- I'd try my best to stay away from take aways, processed foods. I actually like eating salads and fruit and healthy meals so it wasn't a problem. I never really had a sweet tooth neither, i did have the odd mcdonalds after town though! :o

Fitness - I actually loved the gym i'd go about 3/4 times a week but i might stop then for a week or two and start again. But i never did cardio just weights, i didnt really need to lose any weight fast but now i realize cardio is good for your general health just as much for losing weight!

I don't drink that much , maybe once a week at most sometimes not for 3 weeks and don't overdo it when i am out. I smoke but its usually 1 a day if that at all.

I've recently been to the doctor and she told me my cholesterol is sky high and im only 24!! But its due to my diet for the last couple of months from being sick, and high cholesterol runs in my family! I was shocked though!

So can't wait to get over this sickness so i can start getting my life back on track again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement