Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric showers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Been looking around for an hour or two and can't seem to find anything. I need to replace a triton T90xr 9.5 Kw tank-fed shower but want to get the replacement one in Chrome as in shiny chrome.

Does anyone have one or can recommend one?

Thanks

Shiny chrome cost over €500 just to buy. They look stunning when fitted but need to be polished (not just cleaned) after each use. It'll break your heart.
    The plastic silver (satin chrome) are 9kw & costs around €350 €400 just to buy. I'd be surprised if you find a shop in Ireland with either in stock. They sell so few it's a special order.
    If it was me I'd stick with the 9.5kw white chrome costs around €280

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Been looking around for an hour or two and can't seem to find anything. I need to replace a triton T90xr 9.5 Kw tank-fed shower but want to get the replacement one in Chrome as in shiny chrome.

Does anyone have one or can recommend one?

Thanks

Amazon. They delivery here for free in less than a week and will be less than half the price of any of our merchants unless they have a hefty half price sale on. (Sometimes they do have good sales).

Can get Creda or Triton units chrome 9.5kw for 150 Euro. Or Bog standard Tritons for about 70 Euro.

I support our shops when the price is nearly the same as elsewhere, but sometimes their greed means they dont get my $.

@Sleeper12
    No idea where your shopping to get those prices! Check online for a better deal. Could pay for a weekend away with the saving there.

househero wrote: »
    Amazon. They delivery here for free in less than a week and will be less than half the price of any of our merchants unless they hefty half price sale on.

Can get Creda or Triton units chrome 9.5kw for 150 Euro. Or Bog standard Tritons for about 70 Euro.

I support our shops when the price is nearly the same as elsewhere, but sometimes their greed means they dont get my $.

I'm sorry but you are mistaken on your prices. You are looking at possibly triton t80 showers. T90 showers are made for the Irish market & cost a lot more out of Ireland.I bet you won't find a chrome triton t90z for less than €500. Please post a link here if you do find one.
    TThis is my business so I am positive you won't be able to post a link for a triton t90z chrome at the silly prices you are quoting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you are mistaken on your prices. You are looking at possibly triton t80 showers. T90 showers are made for the Irish market & cost a lot more out of Ireland.I bet you won't find a chrome triton t90z for less than €500. Please post a link here if you do find one.
    TThis is my business so I am positive you won't be able to post a link for a triton t90z chrome at the silly prices you are quoting.

I hope he can. But alot of amazon's cheap showers seem to be mains only. Damn all of them are tank fed but I would love a link to some if you have one.

Probably, im no expert.

Whats so special about the T90 that its so expensive, apart form being an 'Irish Only' model?

I accepted your challenge to a duel sir, ahahaha... I found a T90 on PJMatthews for less than half the price you quoted for a chrome model, but its in white http://www.pjmatthews.ie/triton-t90z/pjmt90pd.html

Not sure I would spend an extra 270 euros on a shiny finish.... Hmm, unless I wanted a Gold Member.

• Advertisement

Probably, im no expert.

Whats so special about the T90 that its so expensive, apart form being an 'Irish Only' model?

I accepted your challenge to a duel sir, ahahaha... I found a T90 on PJMatthews for less than half the price you quoted for a chrome model, but its in white http://www.pjmatthews.ie/triton-t90z/pjmt90pd.html

Not sure I would spend an extra 270 euros on a shiny finish.... Hmm, unless I wanted a Gold Member.

That is bog standard white chrome 8.5kw. You said chrome 9.5kw.
    Op wants chrome not white. I suggested that he gets white for €280 9.5kw but the chrome is over €500. Please post a link here if you find one.
    What is so great about the t90 is that it is built for the Irish market. It has a built in pump. Usually mains fed showers are not suited to our poor water pressure in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

What would the story be if a shower bought off amazon calved after a couple of weeks? does the warranty work as if shower was bought here?

I could buy the t90 xr and retro fit it with this http://secure.tritonshowers.ie/electric-showers/t90xr-electric-shower.html?spares=true&spareid=4338

Hmmmm a bit aof a waste though........ if only they did it in gold

Op wants chrome not white. I suggested that he gets white for €280 9.5kw but the chrome is over €500. Please post a link here if you find one.
    What is so great about the t90 is that it is built for the Irish market. It has a built in pump. Usually mains fed showers are not suited to our poor water pressure in Ireland.

Does every house have a t90 or what the hell is going on. If I didn't get chrome what would be the best thing to get?

Gravity fed water systems are common in Europe too. Is it just the pumped part that adds the extra €200 to the T90?

If the OP wanted a pumped shower, wouldn't adding a separate 2 bar pump to the system be a more flexible solution, £120 for a pump http://www.amazon.co.uk/Salamander-CT-Twin-Shower-Pump/dp/B00505ESVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1405099236&sr=1-1&keywords=shower+pump and £100 for any chrome shower he likes. From the Brazilian Rainforest UK site, delivered to his house free and he can post it back for his refund if he doesn't like it.

• Advertisement

Can you get a pump that will just pump through to the shower from the hotpress ?

Can you get a pump that will just pump through to the shower from the hotpress ?

You can buy pumps to increase the pressure yes. They are around 100 to 200 euro. You can use any cheap shower then. If your using pre heated water, you could use a super cheap shower that doesnt heat the water. (thermostatic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

You can buy pumps to increase the pressure yes. They are around 100 to 200 euro. You can use any cheap shower then.

By the time you have this pump bought and installed and cheap shower bought and installed would it not be cheaper just to buy a pumped shower in the first place?

By the time you have this pump bought and installed and cheap shower bought and installed would it not be cheaper just to buy a pumped shower in the first place?

Possibly. Except the T90 seems to be 280 for a white one and 500 for chrome. Plus fitting (showers should be fitted by an electrician) Water + electricity isnt a DIY job.

You could buy a pump for 150 and a chrome Triton or Creda for 150. 300 Plus fitting. Saving 1 to 2 hundred quid and having much more choice in showers.

If the pump or the shower fails, you only have to replace one (150), instead of the whole Triton chrome unit. (500)

You could also buy a MUCH cheaper shower after installing the pump (which comes with a standard 3 pin plug). And either continue to use cold water, or change it to run from your cylinder and possibly save you even more in running costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

annmariem wrote:
    can anyone help im looking to get electric shower supplied and fitted im in lucan so anyone got any numbers to try, finding it hard to find places also wats best shower go for. looking for something reasonably priced..

I don't know much about them either but I have a triton and got that and fitted in with electrical work done and all for 400 euro. never had a days bother with it in the 3 years since I got it!

You wont get one fitted for anywhere near that price anymore. Only a REC can work on a fuse box since last October & they must give you a cert too. A REC has to be insured too. So no more handymen or guys on the dole doing dodgy cheap jobs. It is now illegal.
    So you have to get a REC & he has to pay insurance, for the cert & has to charge VAT & pay his taxes on it. You are now looking at the €600 mark to get this job done properly.

Does every house have a t90 or what the hell is going on. If I didn't get chrome what would be the best thing to get?
    A Triton T90z 9.5KW in white. €280 in woodies or B&Q

Gravity fed water systems are common in Europe too. Is it just the pumped part that adds the extra €200 to the T90?

If the OP wanted a pumped shower, wouldn't adding a separate 2 bar pump to the system be a more flexible solution, £120 for a pump http://www.amazon.co.uk/Salamander-CT-Twin-Shower-Pump/dp/B00505ESVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1405099236&sr=1-1&keywords=shower+pump and £100 for any chrome shower he likes. From the Brazilian Rainforest UK site, delivered to his house free and he can post it back for his refund if he doesn't like it.

I'm sorry my mistake. cfeeneyinterior asked a question about a chrome Triton T90Z. I was answering his question & mistakenly referred to him as OP.
    A pump adds about €70 to the cost of a Triton t80z. You are comparing quality products & their bargain basement products. You are not comparing like with like.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Are you allowed to fit these yourself? If the electrician does the wiring end of things are you allowed to do the plumbing/fitting?

macnug wrote: »
    Are you allowed to fit these yourself? If the electrician does the wiring end of things are you allowed to do the plumbing/fitting?

The law only covers the electrical end of it as if done wrong you could kill yourself or your family. If you do the plumbing wrong the worst thing likely to happen is you will void the warranty or flood the house.

Someone else asked earlier about buying showers from the UK & do they have a warranty. If you bought a shower from outside of Ireland but in the EU your product must be fit for purpose. This will cover you for the first year but the manufacturer warranty is something extra the manufacturer offers. Triton UK only offer this for showers in the UK. Triton Ireland will not honour a UK warranty & triton UK will not honour an Irish warranty. So buying a shower from the UK you will not get the 2 year manufacturers warranty.

• Advertisement

You are not comparing like with like.

Im not sure if you are aware, but EU law states that manufacturers are required to give a 2 year guarantee across the whole of Europe. And if you are using a pump, any UK shower would be fit for purpose. You could even get away with running a cheap shower without a pump, but it wouldnt perform well or last long unless pressure was a min of 1 bar and the warranty wouldnt be valid.

Absolutely, I am not comparing like for like, im pointing out an alternative, you could buy a pumped shower system in Ireland for much less than the ugly white 280 euro Triton system, which isnt exactly top of the line anyway.

A separate reliable water pump (Stuart Turner) and a cheap electric non pumped shower from Triton as used in the UK would be cheaper. Not everybody wants an expensive premium shower.

The water pump comes with a Plug and requires flexible hoses, just as we use in Ireland. And the showers on offer become HUGE, with prices from as little as 50 quid right up to fancy multi jet rainshowers for hundreds. Depending on the pressure and power of the pump used.

I would agree the Triton is an easy option. But I like better choice & value. And if one part fails (either the shower or the pump), I replace the part for much less than the whole triton unit.

Im not sure if you are aware, but EU law states that manufacturers are required to give a 2 year guarantee across the whole of Europe. And if you are using a pump, any UK shower would be fit for purpose. You could even get away with running a cheap shower without a pump, but it wouldnt perform well or last long unless pressure was a min of 1 bar and the warranty wouldnt be valid.

Absolutely, I am not comparing like for like, im pointing out an alternative, you could buy a pumped shower system in Ireland for much less than the ugly white 280 euro Triton system, which isnt exactly top of the line anyway.

A separate reliable water pump (Stuart Turner) and a cheap electric non pumped shower from Triton as used in the UK would be cheaper. Not everybody wants an expensive premium shower.

The water pump comes with a Plug and requires flexible hoses, just as we use in Ireland. And the showers on offer become HUGE, with prices from as little as 50 quid right up to fancy multi jet rainshowers for hundreds. Depending on the pressure and power of the pump used.

I would agree the Triton is an easy option. But I like better choice & value. And if one part fails (either the shower or the pump), I replace the part for much less than the whole triton unit.

The EU law does not cover all goods. It doesn't cover electric showers yet. I know this to be a fact as showers are my Business. For example a mira vigour or mira event only have a 12 months warranty. Won't matter if you buy it in Ireland or UK still only 12 months.
    You can buy mira or triton mains showers in B&Q for a little over €100 but there is a reason they are so cheap. They are crap. If you want a quality mains fed shower you need to spend just shy of €200.
    I have an electric shower at home but in main bathroom we have a 1.6bar pump & a drench shower. So I agree with the set up you are suggesting but you need to spend a little more money to get anything half decent.

Can I point out that there are a few different questions being asked & they should each have their own thread. This one is several years old now and it's a little confusing at this stage

The EU law does not cover all goods. It doesn't cover electric showers yet. I know this to be a fact as showers are my Business. For example a mira vigour or mira event only have a 12 months warranty. Won't matter if you buy it in Ireland or UK still only 12 months.
    You can buy mira or triton mains showers in B&Q for a little over €100 but there is a reason they are so cheap. They are crap. If you want a quality mains fed shower you need to spend just shy of €200.
    I have an electric shower at home but in main bathroom we have a 1.6bar pump & a drench shower. So I agree with the set up you are suggesting but you need to spend a little more money to get anything half decent.

Can I point out that there are a few different questions being asked & they should each have their own thread. This one is several years old now and it's a little confusing at this stage

Yep its been hijacked a few times over. Good read though for anybody looking for an all round picture.

I think we have a 2.1 bar pump, not seen it in 8 years or so now, but its running both hot & cold. Get a nice pressure off it. Is your pump just on hot, or running both? It must be well balanced if its feeding both.

Really surprised that the EU law doesn't cover all electrical products as its been in place for quite some time now. And it covers some rather odd items that I wouldnt expect. I would have thought though that if you were ever in a situation, the non discriminatory clause that means a manufacturer can not discriminate on the basis of EU location. If its 2 years in the UK, you may well be able to argue that it should be 2 years in Ireland also. I doubt you would get far with a smaller company, but may be in luck with Triton if you ever need to follow up with them. Although failure within 2 years would be a very poor show.

Yep its been hijacked a few times over. Good read though for anybody looking for an all round picture.

I think we have a 2.1 bar pump, not seen it in 8 years or so now, but its running both hot & cold. Get a nice pressure off it. Is your pump just on hot, or running both? It must be well balanced if its feeding both.

Really surprised that the EU law doesn't cover all electrical products as its been in place for quite some time now. And it covers some rather odd items that I wouldnt expect. I would have thought though that if you were ever in a situation, the non discriminatory clause that means a manufacturer can not discriminate on the basis of EU location. If its 2 years in the UK, you may well be able to argue that it should be 2 years in Ireland also. I doubt you would get far with a smaller company, but may be in luck with Triton if you ever need to follow up with them. Although failure within 2 years would be a very poor show.

Our pump, pumps hot & cold.

The EU law doesn't cover most items. It still doesn't cover mobile phones (at least it didn't up to a few months ago). I remember reading that not all manufactures had signed up to it yet. Obviously this suggests it sort of voluntary rather than compulsory.
    The EU announced nearly 4 years ago that all phone manufactures must use a universal charger. The idea is to cut down on electrical waste. It still hasn't happened yet.

Sorry for hijacking this old thread but it has gotten lots if responses. Basically we've redone the bathroom. I think the feed comes into the bathroom from the attic tank and down into the wall studding. Would I have to put the pump in the attic? If this was the case are they noisy?

So pump to push the water feed then any of the jazzy showers available will be good. . . would it be a case of the feed would then be classed as mains feed seeing as it us pressured?

Sorry for hijacking this old thread but it has gotten lots if responses. Basically we've redone the bathroom. I think the feed comes into the bathroom from the attic tank and down into the wall studding. Would I have to put the pump in the attic? If this was the case are they noisy?

So pump to push the water feed then any of the jazzy showers available will be good. . . would it be a case of the feed would then be classed as mains feed seeing as it us pressured?

Yes if you put a pump on the system you should be looking for a mains fed shower.

Yes if you put a pump on the system you should be looking for a mains fed shower.
    Are they noisy?

Are they noisy?

No more noisy than the t90 shower. The quieter ones tend to be dearer.

If you are going to use the pump for an electric shower don't make the mistake of getting one too big. The most you will get from your electric shower is 6 litres per minute summer and as little as 3 litres in the winter.

If you get a good triton shower like the t80z (around €190) all you need is a 1 bar pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

Quick questions for anyone that knows their stuff about electric showers. I've got a Triton Aspirante installed after my previous T90. Honestly it was purely because of cosmetics, the Aspirante is nice looking. Does anyone else have this shower? It's so quiet i'm just wondering is that ok? Not sure if I'm just used to years of the noisy T90.

The pressure isn't amazing but plumber said previous shower was too high up wall & I would have to start replacing tiles etc if I wanted to move it down... so didn't bother.

So just curious do others like the pressure and is their Aspirante almost silent like mine?

TTASP8GSB.JPG

• Advertisement

Asparente is the colour. It's not actually the model.

You have a mains fed shower so there is no pump /Motor hence no noise.
    These can be a good shower if you have constantly good mains pressure. If you have bad mains pressure you may find that it won't work during peak hours for water demand.

Advertisement